Located in a "walker’s paradise" (walk score=90) 2 blocks from shops/food/public transportation and 3 steps down, our lower flat is outfitted for long-/short-term stays. It includes kitchen, laundry, comfy living/sleeping spaces etc...(read detailed description and check amenities for specifics, please.)
- Infants and children count as guests (see "Additional House Rules" for specifics.)
- Up to 2 dogs w/ $20 fee for 1st + $10 for 2nd & pre-approval (see "Other Things to Note" for details.)
3 steps down to the private entrance access of our lower-level apartment.
The Flat has 2 beds/bedrooms and can sleep up to 6 with use of the pull-out daybed or our air mattress
The flat is NOT child proofed, but children/infants and pets are welcome. See House Rules for specifics.
Bedrooms (linens provided):
Large bedroom: queen sized bed (+ space to add queen-sized air mattress available upon request), 1 small desk, chair, walk-in closet w/ hangers, small dresser, bedside tables, and book case.
Small bedroom: full-sized bed, small table or ottoman, closet w/ hangers, dresser w/drawers.
Spa bathroom: Radiant heat tile floor, large combo shower/soaking tub, sink, linens to accommodate up to 6 people, and complementary toiletries.
Full-sized kitchen: Stove, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, coffee maker, electric water kettle, teapot, toaster, blender, mixer, basic condiments and spices, serving/mixing bowls, basic dishes and utensils, cook/bakeware, glasses of all sorts for 6, and complementary coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
Living room/Dining room: Daybed (king-sized pull out),+ 2 club chairs, dining table + 4 chairs (2 extra chairs at desks in bedrooms,) breakfast bar w/2 stools, 40" Internet-ready TV, and DVD/VHS players, free wifi, and gas fireplace. HDMI cable to loan upon request.
Accès des voyageurs
Private entrance off the alley around back of the house. Parking space in driveway upon request at booking. NOSE IN PARKING ONLY!
The door is one step down from the driveway level. An electronic keypad is located on the door of the flat (inside the screen door.) Once door is unlocked note THERE ARE 2 STEPS DOWN IMMEDIATELY INSIDE THE DOOR. MIND YOUR STEP, esp. if it has been raining.
Remove your shoes when in the unit (loaner slippers available) and make yourself at home! We recommend you use only the keypad deadbolt when entering and exiting. Lost key replacement is $50.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We value your privacy, but I do request to meet you within 24 hours of check in. Besides that, we are available to answer question/address concerns. Knock on our door, email, or text. One of us will be available most of the time or we will leave the name/contact information for a "guest host."
There is an "alley community" among the neighbors. April-October, we often cookout together, host alley music jams, and enjoy fires by the fire pit. Feel free to join us. If neighbors see you around, they will probably ask you your name.
My husband, dog and I live on the level above the unit. You will walking, dog barking, and indistinct talking from our level. We often hear indistinct talking from guests. If you are looking for solitude and silence, please consider other rentals. If you are highly allergic to dander please consider a different rental.
ONLY PRE-SCREENED DOGS ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY. THIS MUST BE DONE AT BOOKING. $100 retroactively charged to you if any animal is found to have been in the apartment without arranging it at booking ($25 late pet reservation fee+ $75 extra cleaning fee to cover hiring last minute cleaning help.)
- $20 per stay for first dog ($10 for 2nd dog, max 2 dogs total per stay)
- damage deposit of $300 (fully refundable upon post-departure inspection. $75 added cleaning fee deducted if pets urinate/defecate in the flat.)
- Dogs must be crate-trained and kept in crate when alone in the unit. If they are not, or they bark when they are kenneled, please find a different rental. If your dog is disruptive in our unit, I will need to cancel your rental and you will need to find other accommodations.
- Dog water and food bowls in BATHROOM ONLY. You will be responsible for replacing damaged floors + lost income.
- Dogs are required to on leash when outside the house.
- Please clean up your dog droppings and place in trash bin in alley
- Off-leash dog park 1 mile north of flat at Woodland Park
2 Bedrooms (1 queen bed, 1 full bed) + pull out daybed (can be used as twin or king)
Read House Manual upon arrival, including check out instructions
- Check in: after 3:00 pm/Check out: by 11:00 am
- Inform me of approximate check in/out times
- SHOES OFF in the flat
- Follow CITY OF SEATTLE MANDATORY garbage/recycling/composting laws or $50 fine may result.
- Keep apartment tidy: wipe spills (use the cleaning spray!), sweep up messes, do dishes
- prior to checking out: follow posted check out instructions.
- Quiet hours are 10:00pm-8:00am. No loud talking, TV or music.
- OFFICIAL GUESTS ONLY in apartment. Pre-arranged with host if you wish to have others over.
- NO parties/NO events!
- NO animals allowed in unit unless pre-arranged with owner
- Maximum of 6 pre-arranged people overnight, UNLESS ARRANGED AT BOOKING. $20 per each extra person/night beyond 4.
- Smoking OUTSIDE ONLY by the fire pit or alley. Dispose of cigarette butts in OUTSIDE garbage.
- Leave books, magazines, VHS/DVDs; electronics, small appliances, hair dryer, etc... in unit. You will be charged if they go missing.
- Pets: ONLY PRE-SCREENED DOGS ALLOWED IN THE APARTMENT AND ON THE PROPERTY. THIS MUST BE DONE AT BOOKING. (See "Other Things to Note" for specific charges/fees/fines.)
CHILDREN/INFANTS are welcome, but SPACE IS NOT 100% child-proofed. They are considered guests. Please include them in head-count during booking due to their large "footprint" (water usage, wear and tear on apartment, set up and use of child furniture/linens, garbage impact with disposable diapers, etc.) If an infant pushes the total guest count above 4, a daily $5 surcharge will be added to cover the costs. We supply: socket covers, cabinet locks, and a baby gate for the stairway. Please bring other child-proofing supplies as needed. Be aware of sharp corners, the steps in entry area, HOT FIREPLACE, decorations at child-level, etc… Pack 'N Play and high chair available upon request. P-n-P linens available, BUT laundry detergent is NOT "baby" detergent. No baby blankets provided.
Fred and I are originally from the Midwest, and like many around here, moved to Seattle because of our love of the outdoors. We fell in love with the area and have lived in Seattle for more than 20 years, the last 10+ have been in Wallingford. We love to share our passions for hiking, biking, climbing, skiing, local food, activities and tasty beverages with our visitors.
I am a former public educator and Fred is in the tech industry. While I try to figure out what I am going to be “when I grow up” I am creating, traveling, cooking, and learning. Our adventures in the past few years have taken us from Australia to cities surrounding the Adriatic Sea. One of our favorite memories is from Montenegro, where we hiked to a small farm outside the city walls. We sat for an afternoon, eating meat, cheese and bread made on the farm and getting to know the owners.
That is our favorite way to travel… finding a small, cozy location and using it as a “home base” to get to know the local culture, including local delicacies, people, and past times. We hope to give you a similar experience and that you make our flat your “home base” in Seattle.