Two bedroom victorian flat with amazing views and lots of character. 15 to 20 minute walk to the royal mile, 10 minute walk to Holyrood park and Arthurs Seat. Steps from a major bus route to town center. Fresh bedding and towels. Guests are welcomed with a breakfast hamper.
Complete remodel including brand new well-equipped kitchen.
Two bedroom victorian flat with amazing southerly views and lots of character. 15 to 20 minute walk to the royal mile, quick and lovely walk to Holyrood Park and a quick route up Arthur's Seat.
We've just finished a complete renovation of our flat, in keeping with the unique Victorian detail and charm. The building was built in the 1890's so it has many Victorian features, such as two attractive fireplaces (currently non-functioning), high ceilings with original plaster molding and roses, large windows, including a south facing bay window, and window panels.
Steps from a major bus route in and out of the city centre including Waverley train station, 10 minutes by bus.
Note this is a third floor flat (that's the 4th floor in the US) -- no elevator. The flat is part of a typical late 19th Century tenement building -- the entryway/hall and stairs are rather dimly lit. However, you should be pleased after you enter the flat itself on the third floor.
The south windows look out to the Pentland hills and the Scottish Borders. The north windows provide a view of Salisbury Crags and the neighborhood. You are also able to glimpse the beautiful nightly fireworks during the festival and Hogmanay.
Large living room: 2 couches. Dining table expands to seat 6 people under the large bay window. Flat screen television and DVD player. One sofa opens to a comfortable 140 x 200 cm bed (10cm shy of king size). Wall lights, lamps, books, games and DVDs.
Bedrooms: Each bedroom as a king size bed (US Queen size), dresser, wardrobe rack with hangers, bedside lights, hairdryer, mirror and a bench for seating or holding luggage. One bedroom has views to the south. Second bedroom has north facing window with views of salisbury crags and neighborhood. There are also hooks on each door to hang items.
Kitchen: Brand new, island easily seats 4 people. Gas hob and double oven, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee maker, microwave, toaster, washing machine, clothes dryer, radio, cookbooks, etc. Well equipped with table and cook ware. Window seat and views of Salisbury Crags and neighborhood.
Handy computer closet office with USB and power connections, desk, adjustable chair, and cabinets.
Bathroom: Large corner bath with shower, towel radiator, large sink and vanity.
Living room, bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, hall and bathroom.
While we're out of town, our flat and guests are expertly looked after by Linda from Holiday Let Services - a small, luxury travel services company that Linda runs with a close circle of friends. We chose them because they offer a very professional, tailored service, whilst being incredibly friendly, super flexible and genuinely caring about our flat and guests - often going above and beyond their call of duty!
Accès des voyageurs
Once we've arranged your required check-in and check-out times, Linda or her colleague will be at the flat to meet you for check-in and to give you a tour of the flat. You will then have the flat all to yourselves for the duration of your stay!
We do our best to accommodate guests' preferred check-in times. If you think you might be checking in late, please confirm with us before booking to ensure that our host can meet you at that time. Generally, the sooner you let us know what time you'd like to check-in, the more likely it is we'll be able to accommodate your timing.
We ask that you let us know within 4 days of arrival:
* The estimated time when you will arrive to the flat; We need a one hour window or less. For example, between 2-3 pm. On average the trip from the airport takes about an hour.
* How you will travel to Edinburgh (e.g. by car/plane/taxi - this will help us to plan for delays/early arrivals if there are unexpected travel issues);
* Your contact telephone cell number while in Edinburgh (international numbers are ok);
* If you will need bedding for the sofa bed.
For check-ins later than 10pm, please make sure you contact us before booking to double check whether we can accommodate a late check-in on that date.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Linda will be available via text and phone for any questions and assistance throughout your stay.
Should guests be interested, Holiday Let Services can offer extra unique concierge services, usually only available in luxury hotels. Linda says: "Our guests are important to us and we want you to get the most out of your time in Edinburgh. Whatever you require to make your visit special, no matter how big or small, we can arrange, from private tours to organising a surprise birthday party to simply hiring in a cot and high-chair. Whatever your requirements, let us make your visit to Edinburgh extra special with a convenient and flexible service tailored to your specific needs."
Some of the extras you can request from Holiday Let Services are:
- Organise an evening at the Theatre
- Book a table at your favourite restaurant
- Hold your luggage for you after checkout
- Arrange for flowers to be delivered
- Arrange for kilt hire collection/drop off for special events
- Arrange for a private chef to come to the apartment for an intimate dinner or larger dinner party
- Arrange for a make-up artist and hairdresser to come to the apartment
- Organise a champagne and canapé evening for the bride to be and her guests
- Deliver and pick up your dry-cleaning laundry (although you are welcome to use the washing machine/dryer at the flat!)
- Arrange private tours
- Discounts at restaurants
- Arrange for a hire and drop-off/collection of any extra items you may need, such as a baby cot, high chair, wheelchair, etc.
- Personal PA services
Holiday Let Services' is friendly and approachable with an incredible "can-do" attitude: "Staying with us and have a plan or idea? Speak to us to see what we can do for you."
Note: This is a 3rd (US 4th) floor flat - no elevator :)
Note: We charge a deposit for this listing. On your check-in day (or perhaps the day before) AirBnB merely SECURE the deposit amount on your card. So the money is not withdrawn from your account, but you won't be able to spend it for the duration of your stay (much like the security deposit usually charged for car rentals). Then, if all is well with the flat and nothing is damaged or missing, the security is lifted 48 hours after check-out. Should there be any significant damage or items missing, upon check-out, we have 48 hours to get in touch with you and to come to a mutual agreement on the amount of the deposit which should be retained to help fix/replace the item. If an agreement is not reached, AirBnB will deliberate and make the final decision. Since we don't know the people staying at our flat, this just helps give us a little more peace of mind.
* No smoking in the flat or anywhere in the building, including the stairwell.
* No pets.
* Because this is a 3rd floor flat with no window guards, we prefer not to accept children under 12 and older than 2.
* We prefer that you leave outdoor shoes by doorway upon entrance to the flat where there is a storage bench in the entrance for shoes. Clean slippers are also provided for guest use while in the flat;
* There are several coasters and hot plate mats throughout the flat. We kindly ask that guests use these under their drinks and hot pots/plates to prevent marking the wooden surfaces or burning the countertops;
* Please refrain from bringing unannounced guests into the flat. There should be only up to 5 guests staying in the flat at any one time depending on how many guests you specified when you booked, unless otherwise agreed with us when booking. If your situation or requirements change, please contact us immediately.
* We do not charge a cleaning fee as we expect guests to leave the flat relatively clean and tidy. Please make sure dishes are left washed and that the rubbish is taken out before you leave. If the flat is left terribly dirty, we may have to claim a £25 excess cleaning fee from your deposit. That said, the vast majority of guest have left the flat very clean and tidy!
We love to travel and go hiking with our dog Otto. We recently drove across the US in our camper van and then refurbished our flat. We're off on another adventure and hope you can enjoy our flat while we're away.