À propos de ce logement
Loft over Launceston is a creative and peaceful space with great views over the city of Launceston and the lovely mountain ranges north east of the city, including ski resort Ben Lomond.
We are less than 1km to Cataract Gorge and 1.5km to town centre
Loft over Launceston is a relaxing space for two people, with most ‘mod cons’, a fabulous view over Launceston and a lovely private courtyard just off the back veranda.
The fully-equipped, well-stocked kitchen and spacious lounge/dining area might tempt you to dine-in!
Stone steps by a local landscape designer give the place unique charm, and our fledgling garden shows promise of complementing the creative and peaceful interior space.
The Loft is located at the back of the property. It is physically separate from the main house. We do ask all who visit to respect the privacy and property of the full-time residents of the main house.
Launceston doesn't get really hot (average summer max is 24.4C) so the fans provided are quite adequate with a window open here and there.
The Loft would accommodate three people if needed.
Accès des voyageurs
Access is via driveway and yard of the main house. Key-safe codes and other useful information are provided once a booking is confirmed. Guests have access to the full upstairs loft: bedroom, bathroom, full kitchen, open plan dining and lounge area, small verandah and private courtyard. Guests also have access to the laundry cupboard and waste/recycling bins in the garage below the loft; all other items in the garage are the property of the main house residents.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We do not live on site but we welcome every opportunity to help you by phone or text, or through the AirBnB messaging system. Our property manager lives close by and can assist in an emergency, but call or text us first.
We are just a short walk to First Basin chairlift, less than a kilometre from Cataract Gorge and about 1.5km from town - a good walk downhill but a bus or taxi back up unless you're fit (or want to get that way)!
There is an IGA supermarket within easy walking distance.
The Metro Bus stop is a 100 metre walk around the corner. Tickets can be purchased from various outlets or you can buy a Green Card and top it up online or at the nearest Metro Bus outlet. We'll send more details in our supplementary guest info pack, once a booking is confirmed through AirBnB.
* All linen is supplied (covered by cleaning cost.)
* There is a friendly dog on site.
* Guests are not required to have contact with the main house as it is a separate, private establishment not associated with the Loft.
* There may be a car parked in the garage underneath but guests will still have access to the laundry and bins.
* The Loft has not been built with universal access in mind, and would be better suited to guests without mobility challenges.
1) The Loft is on a shared location, and is separate from the main house. Access is via driveway and yard of the main house. Guests are asked to conduct themselves quietly when entering and leaving the property, especially if returning late from your day’s outing.
2) As a courtesy to the full-time residents of the main house, PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARRIVE BEFORE 9PM on your first day.
3) Loft over Launceston is a non-smoking property. Smoking is permitted only in the courtyard area of the Loft. Please remove all butts and ash.
4) Parking is on the street, as the garage and driveway are used by the residents of the main house. Parking on street is at guests' own risk, so please lock your car and stow your valuables.
5) No pet animals are permitted on premises. If you are travelling with a registered canine assistance animal (per C'th Disability Discrimination Act 1992 amended 2009) please contact us to discuss.
6) Disturbance or serious nuisance to the residents of the main house or to other neighbours is prohibited.
7) Please leave the property as you found it, and follow the departure instructions posted in the Loft. The security deposit of $150 will be refunded as soon as the property is inspected with a satisfactory outcome, and subject to compliance with these House Rules (per AirBnB policy).
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
Cet hôte a 18 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Anne and Phillip are from the Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia and frequently from Launceston, Tasmania! They love to travel and have fun in the great outdoors.
Anne is a primary school principal in a 'tough' neighbourhood with absolutely beautiful children and the best staff in the world. Phil is a retired teacher who specialised in learning support for kids with complex additional needs.
Launceston is their home away from home. They use it as a base for exploring and travelling throughout this remarkable island and hope that by sharing 'Trevallyn on Gorge' and 'Loft over Launceston' they can help others to experience some of the extraordinary things they've been able to see and do.