À propos de ce logement
Our quiet and comfortable furnished two bedroom apartment is located in the heart of Manhattan's Upper West Side just a couple blocks from Central Park, Columbia University, and countless highly rated cafes, restaurants, museums, and music venues. Quick train ride to midtown and downtown with easy access to subway!
The city is grand but our home is more modest. We live in a typical Manhattan walk-up apartment. Four flights up (no elevator and four flights up means I'm getting a daily cardio boost whether I like it or not). Our apartment is railroad style with 800 square ft of space. The room you will be staying in is 8x9 feet with a new, memory foam mattress on a double (full) bed, drawers for unpacking, a mirror, and partial access to a large closet. The bathroom, kitchen, and living room are all shared spaces and your room is separated from the other bedroom by the living room. When you are staying here you should feel free to use the common spaces as if it were your home. We are hoping to meet many new open-minded and interesting people as a result of this arrangement. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Accès des voyageurs
We will give you one set of keys for the apartment and you can feel free to come and go as you please. We will be sharing the kitchen, bathroom, and living room with you. Feel welcome to cook and use our common space. The kitchen is fully equipped (no microwave), we have a kitchen table which seats four (can be folded out), and a small living room with sofa & chairs. Wifi is included. We have a TV, but no cable (that is, we use it for streaming movies via netflix, etc.).
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Almost entirely up to you! We are happy to share common space and offer suggestions on where to eat or visit. We love interacting with new people but if you prefer to remain unbothered, that's great with us too. We use the common spaces most often in the evenings or on holidays.
- This is a 5th floor walk-up which means you will have to walk up four flights of stairs each time you come to the apartment.
- The room is small, as stated in the description, and it does not have any windows. Our common areas do have plenty of windows and you are perfectly welcome to use them.
- The mattress is a high quality foam mattress.
- During the summer months, the air conditioner is located in the window in the hall across from your bedroom. To cool off the room during the day, you may want to leave your door open (as many guests do) and close the hallway curtains. When you arrive back in the evening it should be cool. You may feel as though you want to leave the door open in the night to circulate air. This totally fine with us and we will be respectful of your space but please make sure you are comfortable with this prior to booking.
- The buzzer may ring when you are home and we are not. It could be the mail man or the exterminator. It is up to you if you'd like to allow either of those people to come up and you certainly do not have to.
- The closet in the room is used for our storage but we have made room for hangers and a bit of floor space. The dresser is completely open for you.
- The photographs on this listing were taken by an AirBnb appointed photographer. We have since added or changed furniture but the space is essentially the same. If you have a question, please ask!
- The bathroom is located off of the kitchen so you have to walk through the kitchen to get to your room. It's a classic NYC railroad style apartment!
*Please remove your shoes when you come in the front door and do not wear them into the bathroom, livingroom, or bedroom.
*We usually do not mind if you have a guest over but please check with us first and let us know how long he/she will stay
*Please turn off lights when you leave a room to conserve energy
*Please be respectful of our home by picking up after yourself.
*There is a white bath rug hanging on the side of the tub, please place it on the floor while you shower and then replace it on the tub when you finish.
*Please use your own toiletries things (Shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste etc) or the small ones I've provided for you.
*Feel free to use any of the dishes, pots and pans, utensils, and containers.
*Feel free to cook anytime the kitchen is available
*Food not provided (unless otherwise specified)
*Please wash your own dishes with dish soap and place them on the rack to dry.
*The closet in the bedroom contains some of our storage but feel free to use the leftover space.
*One set of sheets, a comforter, two towels, and two sets of slippers are provided for you; If you need any more, please ask!
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 5 jours avant votre voyage, vous recevez un remboursement intégral, frais de service compris.
Vidya teaches at an independent school in Manhattan that focuses on diversity, inclusion, and social justice. Richard is a professor of political philosophy and a writer. We love soaking in the museums, food, events, music, and parks of this amazing city. We love NYC and our Upper West Side neighborhood; we enjoy meeting and visiting with our guests from all over the world. Airbnb is great experience for us.