À propos de ce logement
Enjoy a peaceful rustic retreat on a 25-acre working farm minutes from the beach, skiing at Mt. Washington, mountainbiking in Cumberland, and nearby restaurants, craft breweries and shopping. Amenities include outdoor hot tub, forested walking trails and gym. **Please note, this is a family farm, not appropriate for partygoers.**
If you are looking for a peaceful country retreat with a large home and plenty of outdoor space that is still close to city amenities, this is the place for you! The property also has a large barn with a hayloft that could be used for event space, and room for camping. If you really want to relax and don't feel up for cooking, we have an on-location caterer who can provide some or all of your meals. Seasonal farm-fresh produce and eggs are also available for purchase. An outdoor hot tub overlooking the back pasture is a soothing spot to relax at any time of day, and fire-season permitting, an outdoor fire pit is available for guest use. While we welcome our guests to enjoy themselves, we would like to point out that this is a family oriented property and is not appropriate for rowdy groups of partygoers and drug users.
Accès des voyageurs
In addition to the house, guests may use the large grass area and fire pit behind the main house. Guests may also walk down to the grassy area surrounding the pond, and the back forest. The barn, pastures, vegetable fields, chicken coop, animal enclosures, and other buildings onsite are off limits unless previously negotiated.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live on the property, so we are readily available if you need anything. You will see us around the yard tending to the farm.
If five star luxury is your vision, this is not the place for you! The house is clean, bright, cozy, and well-equipped, but Please keep in mind that this is a working farm! Our water comes from a well, so our water pressure is lower than you may be used to, especially if two people are trying to use it at once. We also request that guests practice water conservation particularly during the summer months to ensure there is enough to meet all the water needs on the farm. The well water is treated with ultraviolet disinfection and is completely safe to drink but there may be a slightly sulfuric smell to it in the summer months. (We provide excellent filtration for drinking water to remove all trace of the sulfur smell.)
Our farm animals are raised out on the pastures with unlimited access to fresh grass, clean water, fresh air, mud baths and sunshine. While farm animal smells are quite minimal, they are to be expected! We feel that this is more than made up for by the beauty and peaceful atmosphere of our farm, but nevertheless we want you to be well aware of what to expect... This is country living! Please do not expect City-level amenities... It is part of the experience!
We appreciate our guests following these rules to ensure the safety and well being of our farm animals, workers, land, and food production.
1) This is strictly a non-smoking property, including the forest.
2) if you pass through a closed gate, please be sure to close it again behind you. (This helps keeps farm animals in and wild animals out.)
3) There are numerous farm workers living on the property. Please be respectful of their privacy and do not enter their living spaces.
4) the tree house in the willow tree is off limits.
5) Please do not enter the vegetable gardens or harvest fruit or vegetables without obtaining permission.
6) Quiet time is 10 pm - please be respectful of the early-rising farmers needing their beauty sleep. This rule can be negotiated with at least two days notice, in the case of special events onsite.
7) We respectfully request that guests practice water conservation, particularly during summer months. (In particular, please keep showers to less than 5 minutes and please do not leave taps running.) Our water source is a shallow well and care needs to be taken to ensure that water is not used in excess during the dry season.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
Cet hôte a 14 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
As cliche as it sounds, I just really love being outdoors. I feel most alive when surrounded by big trees, tall mountains, open fields, gurgling rivers, ocean spray.... I lived in Hawaii for 13 years and fell in love with open ocean outrigger canoe and surfski racing, but have largely traded in my paddles for my mountain bike after moving back to Canada. These days life pretty much revolves around my two lovely and energetic daughters, who are teaching me more each day than my schooling for my advanced degrees ever did! Our very favourite thing to do is to explore and search for any of the thousands of gorgeous, secret river swimming holes around Vancouver Island.