Mooncottage is a wildly romantic small luxury villa in Coral Bay, St. John, USVI. Nestled into a verdant Caribbean hillside. Build from native hardwoods, stone and surrounded by lush tropical gardens. Magical for couples or a family of 3-4. Since 1995 - unanimous 5-star reviews. *Shorter stays of 5-6 nights OK w/ $250 fee. Base price is for 1 bedroom. Additional guests $35/night. ALL cleaning fees, concierge & personal escort to our villa incl. VI Hotel Taxes of 12.5% are collected by Airbnb.
The Most Romantic St. John Villa-Virgin Islands getaway with a magical Zen-Caribbean ambiance. See why the NY Times says Coral Bay is the #4 Best Places to Vacation in the World 2016.
Mooncottage is a petite, romantic villa on St. John, Virgin Islands, nestled into a verdant Caribbean hillside, built from native hardwoods, stone and surrounded by lush tropical gardens, it is a Caribbean luxury villa without compare and one of the best honeymoon destinations. When you first arrive at this romantic St. John villa aptly called Mooncottage, you will simply not believe your eyes. Enjoy the romance of this 5-Star luxury Caribbean rental villa with unobstructed, down-island views of an endless Virgin Island horizon. As Caribbean luxury villas go, Mooncottage is in a class by itself and virtually breathtaking—a fantasy Caribbean villa rental and backdrop for your most romantic and restful Virgin Islands vacation, special anniversary, secluded Honeymoon Caribbean or romantic secret rendezvous imaginable. Think about Cary Grant's grandmother's view in an "An Affair to Remember" and you will get the idea of just how spectacular it really is.
NOTE: Our guests usually rent 7 night stays. Yet, 10-14 nights are the most relaxing--prorated per/night rental rates apply. Shorter stays of 5-6 nights are also available upon request but carry a moderate short stay surcharge of $250. Please read all of our important notices at the bottom of this description prior to booking your reservation.
Mooncottage is one of the most luxurious and renown small romantic villas for two on the island of St. John, US Virgin Islands. We have been in operation for 13 years with unanimous 5 star reviews on many popular travel review portals - just search for Mooncottage, Coral Bay, St. John, Virgin Islands for these many reviews.
Exquisite Caribbean villa with overwhelming ocean views
Mooncottage is unique among St. John’s villas with a magical, romantic ambiance unlike any other. Rated by one travel publication as one of the "10 Great Romantic Destinations" of the world, once you arrive, you may never care to leave this most romantic villa of your dreams. Our private cottage's Zen Caribbean ambiance is overflowing with peaceful vibes. Mooncottage is perfect as a romantic couples getaway—a spectacular honeymoon Caribbean style or special anniversary experience you will never forget. Mooncottage routinely exceeds all Caribbean luxury villa vacation expectations—a secluded Virgin Islands rental designed to take full advantage of the sunshine, soft trade breezes and natural splendor of a lush tropical hillside. Sit back and sip of something cool on our wrapping veranda, in the lush landscaped gardens or in the solar-heated pool. Come on! This isn't something you see or experience every day … and nature planned it that way.
John's most romantic villa for 14 years
Unlike larger St. John villas, Mooncottage's intimate size, Zen décor and magical, romantic Caribbean villas atmosphere is in perfect balance with nature—seamlessly blending the inside with the outside. It is uniquely both a Caribbean luxury villa and a cozy St. John Cottage. Your days will be filled with adventure discovering your perfect Caribbean villa rental beach vacation or just lounging by the pool with someone you love. And, your nights can be spent discovering or rediscovering one another in this unique luxury villas Caribbean hideaway. Then, enjoy one of St. John's 5-star restaurants, or make a tasty meal for yourself on the grill or in the chef's kitchen while planning another perfect day in paradise.
Mooncottage is a St. John romantic villas vacation property that is endlessly enchanting and was highlighted in USA Today. There are many fine luxury villas in St. John … but there is only one Mooncottage. John rental villa perfect for honeymoons, lovers vacations or small families -- Caribbean style
Mooncottage is one of the best Honeymoon destinations in the world.
Known for its luxury, privacy, ambiance and warmth. Unseen from the road or even from your private automatic gate located at the end of a secluded Cul de Sac, Together with St. John’s perfect beaches, great hiking, shopping and water sports, Mooncottage is a quiet, natural luxury Caribbean villa rental that redefines what romantic vacations should be and a secret rendezvous that literally whispers intimacy at every glance. It's high elevation and soft Caribbean trade winds assure cool comfort, tranquility and closeness to nature, with turtle doves cooing, humming birds humming, surf whispering below and the night skies offering you the moon and a million stars. And like many of our St. John Island Villas, the Caribbean ocean views day or night will simply blow your mind.
Mooncottage: “Green” St. John villa in tune with nature - lots of Solar Assisted Stuff.
All of St. John's villas are special and beautiful in their own way, but Mooncottage stands tall as a luxury Caribbean villa only minutes from the quaint village of Coral Bay. Respectful to the environment since the day we opened our garden doors, Mooncottage’s “Green” commitment includes natural soaps and cleaning products, a salt water, entirely solar-heated and maintained pool that produces natural chlorination without chemicals or electricity—and the water feels great for those with sensitive skin. Mooncottage is breezy and cool and features energy efficient ceiling fans and solar hot water technologies that are kind to the world—and Mooncottage boasts a carbon footprint that is 75% less than other conventionally run St. John luxury Caribbean villas.
Most private and secluded of St. John’s luxury Caribbean villas
Even if you aren't here for a Caribbean honeymoon, Mooncottage's extremely private locale and intimate ambiance will make you feel like you are! This Caribbean luxury villa rental features two pavilions crafted in native stone bordered by extensive, landscaped tropical gardens with a bubbling Koi pond make this St. John Cottage rental an ideal place for romantic getaways, secret rendezvous, meditation, reading or just gazing at one another. Mooncottage is a romantic villa without compare and a perfect Caribbean luxury villas experience—even the New York Times found us to be a spectacular Caribbean getaway. A boutique villa with wrapping covered verandas and oversized mahogany screens allow non-stop views, especially of the breathtaking Virgin Island scenery. There are four showers at Mooncottage, one even allows you to shower together … inside and outside. Luxury villas in Caribbean locales are always exotic, but Mooncottage is fantasy vacation destination dream come true.
Share your luxury Caribbean villa with friends or family and save
Mooncottage is not only the most romantic Caribbean villa for couples—but is spacious and flexible enough with ample amenities to accommodate 2 close family members in the Main Pavilion with killer views in every direction. Although this luxury villa caters to couples looking for the ultimate romantic villas vacation, Caribbean honeymoon, anniversary or secret rendezvous, you may want to share your luxury cottage with family members. A second queen size bed and full bath are located in the Main Pavilion. Ask about other options for adding a 2nd couple nearby at one of our sister villas.
1. Taxes: The US Virgin Islands charges a 12.5% Hotel Tax that we must apply to your rental. Airbnb will begin to accept this tax June 1st 2017 ... but, if this is not listed as an Occupancy Charge in your Airbnb quotation, we must collect this Hotel Tax through a separate channel.
2. Travel Insurance: We highly recommend Travel Insurance for any unexpected problems such as family emergencies or rare severe weather-related problems. We cannot be held responsible for refunds of any kind due to these or other like occurrences. We will help you with a recommendation.
3. Rental Agreement: You will be required to sign our standard rental agreement and liability waiver. Once you book with Airbnb, we will send you our standard terms and conditions via DocuSign for your endorsement. We will require your name, physical address, actual email and phone number.
4. Satisfaction: We like to speak to our guest in-person on the phone before we book Mooncottage. This is often not possible due to Airbnb rules and regulations. Therefore, if for any reason you are not comfortable with anything once we DO speak on the phone after your Airbnb reservation is made online, then we will gladly refund your reservation deposit promptly with a cancellation made by you. We reserve reciprocal rights to cancel for any reason prior to your signing of our Standard Rental Agreement and Liability Waiver. Please note that our Rental Agreement will supersede any prior agreements.
5. Our guests stay for 7 nights or more, 5 night stays are available with an additional short-stay surcharge of $250.
Thank you for your understanding. You will absolutely LOVE your stay.
Accès des voyageurs
You will have access to the entire villa and private pool.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Our on-island manager will greet you in Cruz Bay and escort you to Mooncottage. Bob will show you around this magical place--then, leave you alone. We respect our guests privacy, but, our manager is only a few minutes away just in case.
We will answer all questions with the airbnb message portal, but we really like to speak to our guests personally on the phone before they book to ensure they understand everything about the villa, the locale, and St. John in general. After booking, we work closely with our guests to ensure flawless vacation and help you with details like rental cars and general Virgin Islands information. You will be escorted to the Teahouse Treehouse upon arrival to St. John by our property manager.
1. Our villa is strictly non-smoking. No loud parties or receptions without prior written permission--we are in a quiet rural/residential neighborhood and quite enjoyment for all is respected after 8PM
2. Mooncottage was designed for couples, but is very comfortable for 1-2 additional guests with a Queen-sized bed in the Main Pavilion that has a full private bath.
3. US Citizens do not require passports to entire the US Virgin Islands, only two forms of government issued photo ID's. However, ass passport is always recommended.
4. The US Virgin Islands charges a 12.5% Hotel Tax. So, we will need to collect this 12.5% tax from you outside of the Airbnb payment network once you confirm unless your reservation request now lists "Occupancy Fee" ... this new feature went into effect by Airbnb on June 1st 2017.
5. Airbnb will charge an additional amount per person for more than 2 guests. So, your quote will reflect this if you wish to bring 1-2 close friends or close family members. These guests should close because our villa has an open floor plan.
6. Travel Insurance: We highly recommend travel insurance for the unexpected things in life -- we can recommend where to acquire if requested.
7. Rental Agreement: If you book and pay with Airbnb, you will still be required to sign our standard Rental Agreement and Liability Waiver which will supersede any and all prior agreements.
8. Shorter stays of 5 nights are available but carry a $250 short-stay surcharge.
Thank you for your understanding. You will have a beautiful time.
Très strictes 60
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 60 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 30 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
Cet hôte a 8 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
I have never had a real job (for very long). I am a career entrepreneur since as long as I can remember. I built Mooncottage from the ground up as a dream come true.
As a marketing professional, (articulate creative communications), I have over 20 years of experience in executive, creative production, account management and leadership development roles - agency and corporate. But I love being the "Moonager" of Mooncottage.
I live in St. John and NYC (sublime to the ridiculous :)