Melissa's review was really shock us, we did a lot for her. We called 3 times to Airbnb customer services, based on our conversation with Melissa and pictures, Airbnb advised us to write the true story to justify ourselves:
1. Most likely Melissa didn't view the pictures of our listing and read our description of our house. First we don't provide any breakfast and pictures are clearly shown that we hv long bench and few pieces of folding table for dining. She lived in our apartment that exactly she booked.
2. We have a computer right in front of the main door, with electric socket beside the table and a network (LAN) cable at the back ready to use. Wifi signal reach out the entire house.
3. We cannot imagine why she thought those extra instant noodles, soy sauce, sugar or salt was leftover? Those are extra given to guest, in case, they may need. We even leave 2 gallon of distilled water for the guests which in fact we didn't put in our amenities. This is our courtesy.
4. We have to prepare for different nationalities guests with diff culture and habits in the world. Pails in each toilet is exactly previous Filipinos requested for their ease of bathing. They don't use to shower. Extra plastic is for our guests to keep dirty clothes for laundry downstairs. She did ask for towels, that s those laundry plastic bag for keep 11 towels for her family.
5. Melissa and family arrived 11pm from a long flight journey, 12 persons until morning, there was no one using toilets was quite impossible. Until in the morning, a guy family member claimed he was the one to use toilet, once flushed toilet, dirt from toilet was leak out and spread on floor. We asked her by Airbnb messaging system to answer why and how did it happen. She didn't reply. She insisted a guy to talk, she refused to talk at all. Since her family needed to go Disneyland, she asked her go immediately. We got a permission to enter her apartment to fix the problem. We spent more than 3 hours to find any technician to fix the toilet. However, it was Sunday, shops were closed and no one was willing to take the job. Till 3pm afternoon, finally, found one man came to see the situation. But the technician claimed the pipe connected to the toilet bowl was disconnected due to strong external force.(with pictures and video to show the situation available). He could not get any material for repair as that was Sunday, all shops were closed. The earliest could be fixed on Monday. I tried to ask Melissa again what s happen in the evening. She refused to answer us by black and white in Airbnb messaging system. Again asked a guy answer us. It was impossible for pipe disconnected by itself. We kindly offered for their family to stay in our other apartment for NO extra cost. In fact this is the apartment in higher pricing. We went back to our apartment to assist them transfer and waited for them till late night. They told us clearly that was accepted. Instead of 3 rooms, we offered 5 rooms to stay. The date they left, we did ask how was their stay, they told us everything was good.
Yes, we told them clearly that they needed to share toilets with other guests in the house. They should know that they should not leave any personal items in public area. Instead, they should keep in rooms.
Yes, we have an office table. We even offered for them to use for dining. I believe cleaning after used should be a kind of respect.
6. Second complaints was pantry sink clogged. In fact the pictures shown that she was using too much our concentrated detergent for washing dishes. Foam was full of sink instead, water was drained.
We were always there everyday with her but she refused to talk nor answered our greetings on Airbnb. They didn't clean up their garbage in room and mess everywhere before leaving. In fact, we called up Airbnb customer services on Mar 25th evening (that's Airbnb had record) we supposed file a claim of compensation from Melissa. At last, since they were leaving happily, we gave up this idea to claim and wrote a review to Melissa too.
Unexpectedly, this review shown at last.