À propos de ce logement
Stay in a piece of New Farm history! Located on desirable Moray Street, our recently renovated Art Deco gem, is your perfect base to work or relax, stroll to the Riverwalk or famous local cafes, or catch the 196 bus to the Valley, City or South Bank.
'Bursley' was built as two adjoining flats in the Art - Deco style in 1936 for Mr William Danaher, and has been in the family ever since. It features stunning original hardwood floors, picture rails, timber paneled doors and some of the original light fittings.
This property is not our home, it is listed exclusively as a holiday rental, so if it isn't already booked, you can always consider it yours every time you need to stay in beautiful inner city Brisbane.
The living space is :
- A large double bedroom with air conditioning, built in wardrobes, a flat screen television with an adjoining sunroom/office. (Queen size bed)
- A second bedroom with air conditioning, built in wardrobes , and a flat screen television. (Double bed)
- A bathroom with shower.
- A comfortable lounge room with a flat screen television, and a split system air conditioner.
- A kitchen with dishwasher, gas cook top, electric oven, refrigerator, microwave, and a Nespresso Coffee maker.
- A separate dining area adjoining the kitchen.
- A gorgeous professionally landscaped and maintained, tropical outdoor entertaining space with a timber setting that seats 4, 2 comfortable chairs, a BBQ and outdoor lighting. Simply stunning - day or night.
- A covered, but outdoor laundry underneath the back steps of the property with a washing machine.
- A beautiful green lawn space with a clothesline.
Accès des voyageurs
Guests can, if you wish, access the property through an electronic keypad. We will supply the code closer to your arrival.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live nearby so if anything needs attention, it can be done promptly. We can be there for your arrival to greet you and run through 'Bursley's' highlights, or if you prefer privacy, everything will be detailed in the property manual that we will email closer to your booking date. A hard copy will also be available onsite. We are always available to answer any questions leading up to your booking via email. We aim to respond within 24 hours.
If you are a really organised traveler and would like to do a Coles or Woolworths online grocery order, I will happily accept delivery, unpack your groceries, and put cold goods in the refrigerator all ready for your arrival.
We can also arrange our highly recommended Driver/Tour Guide to pick you up from Brisbane or Coolangatta airports. POA.
Would you like to see more of South - East Queensland?
We can arrange for you to be picked up by our fabulous Tour Guide for a day trip if you wish, to explore Dream World, Movie World, Sea World, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Australia Zoo, Mount Tamborine, Maleny, or any other Brisbane attractions. Day trips to world famous Noosa for lunch can also be arranged. POA.
'Bursley' is the perfect inner city Brisbane location for:
- Brisbane EKKA 2016
- Riverfire Festival 2016 - Walk to the end of our street to see the amazing fireworks spectacular on the Story Bridge.
- Boarding School parents who would like a lovely family home environment to share with their children when they take them out for weekends.
- Business travelers looking for a convenient, more homely alternative, to hotels and serviced apartments.
- And of course visitors to our beautiful sub tropical city who would love to soak up our friendly vibe, living in our amazing Art Deco oasis.
We are a non smoking home but smoking is allowed outdoors . Please use the ashtray provided.
This is a quiet residential neighbourhood so we are mindful of the families around us -
No candles or other open flames.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 5 jours avant votre voyage, vous recevez un remboursement intégral, frais de service compris.
Cet hôte a 6 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
My husband Peter and I are passionate about home renovation and traveling the world.
We built our stunning beach house 20 years ago and we have decided it is now time to start sharing it with other people through Airbnb. Over the last 2 decades, Villa Macleay has been a haven for our children and now our grandchildren.
Likewise, we are excited to announce that we are also now listing our beautifully renovated, art deco New Farm apartment,'Bursely', exclusively on Airbnb. It is too stunning to keep from the growing Airbnb community and is perfect for business people, visiting families to Brisbane and boarding school parents wanting somewhere more personalised than a hotel when they visit their children for weekends.
We believe in presenting our properties in a style that we would like to stay in ourselves. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!