À propos de ce logement
Your Home away from Home in a quiet, family-oriented community w/ stunning views.
Your Home away from Home in a quiet, family-oriented community w/ stunning views.
This comfortable apartment is 3 minutes from I 25 and 7 minutes from the Air Force Academy. This apartment sleeps up to 6 people. The master suite has a pillow top king size bed with a down duvet and down pillows. There is a 31" flat screen TV in the master suite with over 150 channels and on-demand movies. The second bedroom has a queen Tempurpedic bed with a down duvet and a set of bunk beds. There is a fully equipped kitchenette and a dining table that seats six. The full size bathroom has a bathtub and shower with a rain-showerhead. We have a wide variety of family games, books, and toys. We have a very comfortable sectional couch and flat screen 39" TV in the living room. There is a Wii gaming system with over 20 games to choose from. Our TVs offer over 150 channels and on-demand movies for a small fee. We also offer free high speed wifi. There is a swing set out back and room for the kids to run around and play in our fenced yard. A walking trail and creek are behind the backyard as well. Enjoy stunning views of the mountains and Air Force Academy and watch the sunset on the patio. There is a grill and patio table. This is your perfect home away from home.
Please note that this is a walk-out basement apartment in our home. You enter by following a path around the side of the house to the entrance to the apartment, which is in the backyard. We live upstairs, so if there is anything you need, we are there to help you right away.
The Air Force Academy is about a 7 minute drive away. Denver is about 40 minutes away. Everything is easy to get to since we are located just minutes from the interstate. A grocery store, Walgreens, Walmart, and restaurants (including Texas Roadhouse and Chilis) are right around the corner, about a 3 minute drive away.
Max occupants: 6
Max Vehicles: 2 passenger vehicles
Max Visitors: 6
Check in: 3:00PM
Check out: 11:00 AM
If you choose to purchase on-demand movies on the TV, you have to pay for them. You can pay for the movies (typically $4-$6) either in person in cash before checking out or the cost can be withheld from your security deposit.
3. The Landlord is renting out the walk-out basement apartment in the landlord’s personal residence. The apartment has a private entrance that is accessed from the backyard with a paved walk-way.
4. The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
5. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The tenants agree that the Landlord shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
6. The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
7. The Tenants shall have no more than 6 persons reside or sleep on the premises. All undeclared guests (those not on your lease) must be approved in advance. Please contact us if you plan to have friends or family stopping by for the day or overnight. As long as the occupancy of the apartment is not exceeded, we are usually fine with guest visits. We just need to make sure there is adequate parking and that there is no risk of any nuisance to the neighborhood
8. Tenants shall have no more than 2 cars parked at the premises at any time without prior approval.
9. Tenants shall have no more than 4 visitors at the premises at one time and visitors cannot stay overnight
10. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
11. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere inside the house. If smoke is detected by the landlord, we will notify you immediately and if remediation is required any costs will be charged to you. You may smoke outdoors on the deck.
12. Using illegal drugs or marijuana or allowing others to use drugs on the premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy at these premises.
13. If the tenants find that something is not operating correctly, appears damaged or needs housekeeping attention, the tenants agree to notify the landlord of the situation promptly. We will make every attempt to repair or correct the situation as promptly as possible, depending on the nature of the situation. Lori Strahan ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). If repairs are required, you agree to provide access to the property and pets must be secured.
14. One dog under 20 pounds is allowed. Make sure your dog is not barking in the yard. If you bring the dog to the front yard, he needs to be on a leash. If your pet causes damage to the property, you agree to pay for repairs or replacement of property
15. Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them.
16. Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance deposit and/or rental money and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
17. Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
18. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
19. We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
20. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
21. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
22. The property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform the owner immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
23. The property has fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tennant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
24. Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
25. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 2 months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items. The tenant is responsible for paying the costs of shipping the item back to the tenant. Tenant is solely responsible for all personal items brought to the property. Our property insurance will not cover items brought into the apartment by outside parties.
26. There is no phone provided.
27. Cable TV is provided and service level has been chosen by the Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
28. Wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
29. Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation.
30. The tenants will observe all conditions and terms of this rental agreement as to maintaining the premises in good order and appearance and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to neighbors. Tenants and/or their guests shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor use the premises for any immoral or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordnance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the premises. Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
31. The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
32. Tenant agrees that during the term of this lease and such further time as he/she occupies the premises, he/she will keep the leased premises clean and free of trash, garbage, and other waste; and all pipes, wires, glass, plumbing and other equipment and fixtures in the same condition as at the beginning of, or may put in during the term of the lease, reasonable wear and tear and damage by unavoidable fire and casualty only exception.
33. Any tenant who violates any of the terms of this Lease shall be immediately denied occupancy and shall remedy any damages or other expenses, which are caused by the tenant and/or the tenant's guest(s).
34. Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement
We have been happily married for over 11 years and we have a 10 year old daughter. Lori is a stay-at-home homeschooling Mom and Lance works at home developing computer software programs. We love traveling. In fact, in 2014 we spent 75 days in Europe traveling in 9 different countries including Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, and Slovenia. We met in Germany, where Lance was working as a contractor for the Army and I was doing my student teaching in a 2nd grade classroom at a Department of Defense School. Our daughter was born in a birth house in Germany and we moved to Colorado when she was 6 months old. We have a little dog, a mixed breed from the pound, named Paco ,who keeps us laughing every day.