Simple & small, sprinkled with all the right touches. A 5-star VALUE if you like: a detailed listing (accuracy equals a happy experience), attentive host, clear communication, hassle-free check-in, easy/free street parking & a restful stay in a clean room! A 5-star LOCATION if you appreciate: a quiet dead-end street; an 80/100 'Very Walkable' score in a safe, eclectic neighborhood; a 12 min. walk to Sunset Blvd's restaurants, bars & coffee shops; a 1.2 mile (30 minute) walk to Dodger Stadium!
"My favourite moments were when we soaked up the culture of the local community, there's some great cafés, bars & vintage shops & Echo Park Lake was just beautiful." - our Guest (review)
I believe that ACCURACY is key for Guests to have an OVERALL HAPPY EXPERIENCE so I strive to give you as much information as possible within my listing, to be sure our LOCATION and studio will be up to your expectations and suitable for your needs. * PLEASE CHECK OUR LIST OF PROVIDED AMENITIES.
...I encourage you to scroll to the bottom of this listing and click on 'Contact Host' to ask me any questions! This allows us to communicate *without* the 24 hour constraint of a booking 'Request.' If you've already read my listing *in its entirety* and know exactly what you're getting (and that our studio AND location will be suitable for your needs), then feel free to click on 'Request to Book!'
Your own private, SMALL studio (210 sq ft. / 19.5 sq meters) accommodates up to three people in a bunk bed setting. Aside from the bathroom and short hallway, the 'living' area - kitchenette, dining table, bunk bed space - is the size of a small bedroom (approximately 12 feet by 10 feet; 120 sq ft. / 11 sq meters). The bunk bed has a twin mattress on top and a full-size futon below with a very comfortable gel memory foam topper. If one or two people are staying, the top bunk could be used to store bags. *There is very limited space for suitcases.*
"The space is clean, well equipped, silent (we had the best sleep) and close enough to everything but far enough away that you aren't directly in the madness that is LA." - our Guest (review)
* 2 gas stove-top burners allow for basic cooking
* mini fridge inside the bottom left cabinet
* sink with dish soap, a sponge, a dish drying rack & a hand towel
* coffee maker (filters & mason jars with coffee & sugar are provided)
* tea kettle (assorted tea bags in an above cabinet)
* plates, bowls, glasses, coffee/tea mugs (set of 3 each)
* utensils (set of 4 spoons, forks, knives), plus 2 small chopping knives
* salt & pepper, napkins
* medium size pot, frying pan, pot holders & oven mitt
* cooking utensils, measuring cups, can opener & a plastic mixing bowl
* cutting board, collapsible colander, multi tool with corkscrew
* a few sets of small plastic tupperware
* fire extinguisher inside the top, left cabinet
...There is NO microwave and NO oven.
...The kitchen's under-cabinet range hood (above the burners) has a light and a switch for the vent (click once to turn on vent, and twice to turn off).
* bath, face and hand towels
* toilet paper, shower body wash, liquid hand soap, a blow dryer
* half-size shower (no tub)
* hooks for hanging your stuff & a medicine cabinet for small item storage
COAT CLOSET includes:
* hangars with space to hang your clothes
* a shelf above and a drawer below for additional storage
* 2 small and 1 large (extra) blankets in the bottom drawer
* a box fan for the summer heat (and a portable space heater in the winter)
* a beach/tote bag with beach towels which you may borrow, since I prefer that the bath towels do not leave the apartment (*winter months* if I have removed the beach bag and you would still like to use it, I would be happy to make it available for you)
DINETTE TABLE: wood slatted table with two folding drop-leaves which allow you to adjust the table size according to your needs (it is also fully collapsible). There are two folding chairs for seating.
TV: 37-inch LG flat screen with access to some local channels (reception is spotty), and an included HDMI cable that allows you to stream online content from your laptop. Please do not remove the HDMI cable!
...We DO NOT have cable TV.
WINDOW: There is one window in your studio. It has a privacy blind (a white blind that can be pulled down and latched), as well as a bamboo blind (as seen in the photos) to allow partial privacy as well as some sunlight. The actual window can be opened to allow fresh air, but only as far as the wood dowel will allow... The dowel should remain in place; it is there to protect the tv's antennae, which is hanging in the window. The window gets indirect sunlight, strongest between 3:00-5:00 pm and looks out past the driveway at the bushes and trees between our neighbor's backyard.
Things to NOTE regarding certain Amenities:
* WI-FI is NOT listed within our Amenities. However, we do have a wi-fi extender in the studio which extends the wi-fi from our upstairs apartment, and should work well enough to check email and search the internet. But since the service can be spotty I do not have it listed as an official Amenity. (The network and password can be found in the studio's red House Manual binder.)
...We would like to cater to travelers who do not have wi-fi (or cable tv) high on your list of priorities. Since we have stated that we do not provide these extra Amenities, we expect that you will not penalize us in your review or our Value rating.
* I have Heating listed as an Amenity and want to clarify that it is NOT central heat but rather a small, portable heater which should keep you sufficiently comfortable considering our mild winter weather! Instructions on how to operate the heater are in the back of the studio's House Manual, however it is pretty basic and easy to use. We would like to ask that you ALWAYS turn it off and unplug it when you are not in the studio!
...Los Angeles has a temperate climate almost year-round. Our coldest months tend to vary between October and February, however our "winters" are usually quite mild. In addition to the portable heater, we also provide extra blankets in the bottom drawer of coat closet.
Accès des voyageurs
The studio has a keyless entry door allowing our Guests an independent, hassle-free check-in/out process.
Your studio is located on the bottom floor of a 4-unit, two level apartment building. The entrance of your studio is in a short hallway, one door down from the building's small laundry room that you will have access to as well. (You'd need laundry detergent and quarters to operate the machines; $1 wash and $1.25 dry)...
An FYI (Noise Awareness) regarding the Laundry Room facility: Since your studio is next door to the laundry room, you will hear when tenants are using that facility. We do not manage the building and unfortunately have no control over the laundry room's 24-hour accessibility or a tenant's choice to do a late night wash.
Detailed information on PARKING will be in your Airbnb House Manual!...
* There is easy, free and unrestricted street parking on our hilly, dead-end street; our guests have not yet had a problem finding a spot to park.
* If you prefer not to park on the hill, the bottom of our dead-end street is flat (2 houses down from our building).
* The parking area in the back of the building is STRICTLY for tenants only; please do not park there, not even temporarily!
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I take my time to communicate with Guests prior to your arrival as well as during your visit, should you need me. Since my boyfriend and I live in the same building we can usually quickly respond to any requests or concerns during your stay. Guests may message me any time to ask questions about the surrounding area, places to see, things to do, etc. However, I work live music events and during shows I am not always immediately available to answer calls or check messages, but I always try to reply back as soon as possible.
I've also left folders on the table in your studio:
* THINGS TO SEE AND DO: in Echo Park, downtown LA, and throughout Los Angeles
* HOUSE MANUAL: it has just about everything you'll need to know about the studio, as well as some information on the neighborhood
Your ITINERARY (sent by Airbnb upon confirmation of your reservation) has my tips with very important information that can help you PLAN A TROUBLE-FREE ARRIVAL! It includes specific information regarding:
- TRANSPORTATION options to get to/from LAX, plus basic directions!
- CHECK IN/OUT details!
- PARKING in our area!
We appreciate our Guests and try to be of best service to you!
1) Out of respect for our neighbors, we prefer guests who are quiet!... There are only 4 other apartments in the building, and we have really great neighbors, so we ask that you please be courteous regarding your noise level both inside and outside the studio.
2) Our accommodations are geared toward low-key guests who are mainly going to be out-and-about during the day, and simply need a clean, well put together, yet no-frills place to sleep!
3) Please treat our studio like you would treat your own space. Do not stain the rug or burn it with your hot hair styling tools. Do not stain: the kitchen or bath towels, bedsheets and bedcovers, table runner or cloth placemats. Stains take longer to treat, and sometimes I cannot get them out at all. Do not accidentally throw away my eating utensils. Do not break anything. (Thank you!)
4) We cannot accommodate luggage storage... There is no locked storage space at our building (or in the studio) where you can store luggage prior to your check-in or after your check-out. Please plan accordingly, and thank you for your understanding.
* #1 Rule BEFORE YOU BOOK:
Please READ ALL THE INFORMATION IN MY LISTING, including which Amenities we provide! Here's why... 1) you will know whether our LOCATION & studio room will meet your expectations and be suitable for your needs, because 2) having that information should leave you with NO surprises during your stay with us, which should result in good reviews for us because you'll know EXACTLY what you're getting... and 3) it will save me time not having to answer questions that are already answered within!
#2 Rule BEFORE YOU BOOK:
Do not book our studio for someone else... The person booking the room should be the Guest staying in the room for the duration of the trip!
Rules DURING YOUR STAY...
* Smoking is not permitted inside.
* We do not allow any extra people in the studio without prior permission: no visitors, gatherings or parties.
* Please do not light any candles inside, and turn off (and unplug) the portable space heater every time you leave the studio.
* Respect the neighbors; mind your noise level!
* Be respectful of our studio during your stay... Please don't stain the rug, or burn it with hot hair styling tools. Please don't stain the kitchen & bath towels, bedsheets & bedspreads, table runner, etc. If you break something, let me know.
* Before you depart: Leave the room like you found it! Tidy up after yourselves and follow my Departure check-list (found in your Itinerary as well as in the studio's red House Manual binder).
* Message me upon checking out so that I know the room has been vacated and is ready to be cleaned.
Cet hôte a 54 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires