The 'Lighthouse' is a special lodging overlooking the town and harbor of Grand Marais from it's center. You are right in the heart of town within a block of everything. Very popular vacation rental with loyal, returning clientele.
You are right in the heart of town within a block of everything- yet comfortably removed when you need a breather. You can sit up in bed and view the harbor and the big lake beyond. Your own private parking leads to the stairway that takes you up to the Lighthouse. The view of the old harbor from the balcony is stunning. There is a wrought iron table and chairs on the balcony for relaxing. Inside the Lighthouse you will find a queen bed, tile shower and bathroom, galley kitchen, custom dining table for two, LCD TV with satalite TV and blueray. The bed is set at an angle and faces southeast to capture the views of the harbor in the morning through large windows. There are transom windows around the perimeter of the apartment so that if you stand in the center you have a 360 degree view of the sky. Notice how it changes as the day progresses. Observe the color differences around sunset or early in the morning as the Great Lake passes through it's moods. The ceiling is very high and is vaulted and timberframed with unique 'Dragon Beams' from local timberframe artisans. Topping the lighthouse is an octagonal cupola that lets light in all day and moonlight at night. And on top of the cuppola is a custom copper ball, in keeping with the lighthouses of the North Shore. An antique ship's light occupies the cuppola and can guide you as you walk home after a night of festivities in the town. Seagulls are your companions and you may hear their webby feet tapping on the roof in the morning. Watch the fog roll in and out from your bed while you drink your morning coffee, and listen to the strains of local live music as the town celebrates the short summers at night. The galley kitchen is small but thoroughly modern with all the necessities. The Lighthouse is above the 'North Shore Fisherman's Cabin', a restored historic log home and vacation rental and is next door to the 'Writer's Cabin' and 'The Boathouse' a recently constructed timberframe home that is the residence of the owners. You are always welcome to drop in to the Boathouse and see what project is under way. Currently the owner is building an Alaskan skiff, and preparing another boat for excursions to the Canadian North Shore. If you are traveling with a large group, consider including the neighboring Fisherman's and Writer's cabin rentals which share the property. There is capacity for a group of 12 or so if you rent all the cabins. You can get the whole family reunion or wedding group on one site! The Lighthouse is known for it's inspiring charm. There have been plays and musicals written here, a handfull of marriage proposals, and a good number of honeymoons. Come share the fantastic energy that is The Lighthouse.
Accès des voyageurs
You have access to the entire studio apartment, it's kitchen and bathroom. You have a private deck. There is a private, off street driveway and a full flight stairway up to the Lighthouse.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are available by text, phone and we live next door. We enjoy interacting with guests if they seek us out. We are very social and enjoy other people's stories. Otherwise we are usually available but will remain engaged in our activites on and about the property unless we are approached.
Being that the Lighthouse is above a portion of another vacation rental, we do not allow dogs and discourage groups with late night crying infants. The Lighthouse is well designed for sound proofing, but we prefer to take these precautions. We do not recommend any groups larger than 2.
Short Term Rental Agreement and Rental Rules
This short term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement") is made by and between Todd Miller (“Homeowner") and (See Name in Invoice) (“Guest") as of the date set forth on the electronically transmitted invoice of which this document as an attachment. Guest agrees to sign this document upon arrival. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1) The property is locate at 9B 4th Ave. West, Grand Marais, MN 55604
2) The maximum occupancy is 2 persons. No additions to original booking number allowed unless in writing and added to this contract.
3) Guests agree to abide by the Additional Rules and any other terms set forth during the reservation at all times while on the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while on the property.
4) Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for the purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise the right of access in a reasonable manner.
5) See terms in the listing for payment and refund requirements.
6) Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
7) Payment: Acceptable payment methods are via Credit card.
8) If the premises appears dirty or damaged upon check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately.
10) Owner reserves the right to cancel this contract and refund all deposits at any time in the event of unexpected circumstances out of the owner's control that compromise the property or the owner's ability to provide safe and or quality lodging to the owner's standards.
11) Smoking is allowed outside only, butts must be discarded safely and out of sight.
12) People other than those in the Guest party set forth in this contract may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
13) This unit is privately owned, the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or it's facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guest are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
14) Guest will keep the property and all furnishings in good order
15) Guest will only use appliances for their intended purposes.
16) No pets are permitted.
17) Parking: Parking is permitted on 4th Ave West and in the private driveway that leads up to the stairs to the Lighthouse.
18) Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels if you feel you will use them. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property.
19) Storms: No refunds will be given for inclement weather. We do not refund due to road conditions.
20) There is no grill.
21) No fireplaces or fire pits exist for the Lighthouse.
22) All noisy activities (loud socializing etc...) are to be taken inside by 10:00 at night.
23) Grand Marais has a vibrant music scene and live outdoor music is common in the summer. Due to the advantageous location of the Lighthouse, outdoor music can be heard many
evenings of the summer.
24) Check in time is 4:00 PM and check out is 11:00 AM
Cet hôte a 51 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires