À propos de ce logement
Full-house style private guest space with closet, full bathroom area and convenient amenities for a pleasant, enjoyable stay. Fittingly located near major shopping & foodie areas, guests can savor both an exciting city feel and serene suburban local.
Located in the glamorous Far West End of Richmond, this spacious room is located just five minutes from the endless shopping and entertainment area of Short Pump.
The room consists of a queen-sized bed with full bedding, two dressers (one completely usable, other usable but with no drawer handles), personal 32" SMART HDTV (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Basic Cable included and guest HDMI hookups welcome), two night stands, ironing board/iron, power strip, and closet with hangars. Guests doors also include locks for added privacy and are located on the second level of the house accessible via stairs.
The bathroom is Jack & Jill style with two sinks/table areas and one showering/toilet room attached. Clean towels and soap/shampoo is provided for convenience. The two sink areas also contain many drawers and storage areas for toiletries and Kleenex (tissue paper) is provided. The shower contains two large rising spouts for an enjoyable shower! There is a large trash bin in the toilet area and is the primary waste bin for the guest/bathroom area. Trash shouldn't be a problem as the bin is quite large and is emptied before each trip.
There are two primary common lounge areas guests have access to. The first is a spacious living room with two large couches and a coffee/dining table. The dining table is located next to this family/lounge area and is great for laptops with adequate space, comfy chairs, and power outlets. This space is well lit! The second main common lounge area is the theater room with home theater style T.V. and surround sound system. This media area has one reclining three seat couch, one reclining love seat (two seat couch) and one reclining personal sofa chair. This area can be used to lounge/relax in but is only accessible for using the entertainment system during the hours of 9:00a.m.-5:30p.m. during weekdays and sporadically during weekends. Alongside the media room is a half bathroom available to guests on the ground floor.
The kitchen is very open and spacious. Guests will have access to this area only for preparing their own meals which includes access to the microwave, oven, cups, plates, coffee machine, toaster, sink, and the dishwasher. The fridge and freezer are available for guests but only to store guest bought items. The stove is unavailable for guest use but may be available permissively depending on what is being cooked. Pots/pans may be provided if permission is granted to use the stove. We ask that guests keep this area especially clean if choosing to take advantage of this area.
The washer and dryer is available to guests, but we ask that guests notify before use so we can provide assistance. The washer and dryer room also contains the cats' litter area so assistance can and will be provided if uncomfortable.
There is access to a backyard and deck for those who wish to enjoy the outdoors or additional privacy. The back patio area has a wide bench and a propane grill which can only be used under supervision if permission is granted for use. The backyard is pretty spread out and guests are welcome to explore and take advantage of this outdoor space.
Accès des voyageurs
Guests have access to their private room area, private bathroom area, the two common areas (family room & attached dining room/entertainment area [at times restricted]), and kitchen/dining area. Additionally, guests have access to the backyard and porch as well as a half bathroom located on the ground floor. On the back porch area, grill use is subject to host permission prior to use and MUST be used with the guidance and overwatch of the host ONLY.
Guests have access to the house through a set of keys given upon check-in for in/out access through the front and back door if needed. This set of keys will lock/unlock either a deadbolt or door handle for both the front and rear door.
The third level of the home and all remaining additional rooms apart from the private guest area on the second level are off limits.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
There are two people (the host "me"/property owner) and two cats living in this house. The host lives on the third level of the house and remains within the house throughout the day and week. The property owner is around the house from ~5:30PM-8:30AM during weekdays and remains in the house at most times during the weekends.
As the host, I usually find myself going up and down the stairs to the kitchen area or in and out of the house throughout the day. I mostly remain on the third level during the course of the day. I am mostly always available for any questions or issues that may arise during the course of guests' stay.
The two cats tend to stay with me throughout the day on the third level of the home unless I am moving around the house in which they like to follow. Of the two cats, the black cat (Muffie) is very shy and will do her best to avoid guest interaction. On the other hand, the white cat (Meisha) will explore you and your things the first chance she gets. Meisha is very social and curious and loves to be extremely friendly with people.
The property owner tends to remain in the entertainment area or his room located on the other side of the second level from the time he gets home (~5:30 p.m.) in the evening to the time he leaves in the mornings on weekdays (~8:30 a.m.). The same applies during weekends except he remains on site for extended times during these days. He is shy and tends to keep to himself and may or may not interact during guests' stay. He is also looking forward to receiving guests and is sometimes available to help as he owns the property so he knows the home just as well.
* There are two cats living in the home. One is very friendly and will probably interact with you while the other is very shy. The friendly social kitty has a tendency to sometimes get in the way of people and things so we ask that guests be extra careful when moving things or yourself around. If you have any kind of allergies or anything against cats, this may not be an appropriate booking for you.
* Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner are not provided and it is up to the guests to decide what to do.
* At night, the house is on the cooler side during the winter months and warmer side in the summer months. Guests have access to a thermostat for the second level, but we ask that temperature increase/decreases be kept within a reasonable range after notifying the host.
* There are two large trash bins on the side of the house that can be used for large quantities of trash disposal if needed during each trip.
* We have U.S. postal service at our home. Guests are welcome to use the mailbox for outbound postage.
* Free on-site parking provided street side or on the far side of the resident driveway. If the driveway is preferred over street side parking, let me know in advance.
* Please observe quiet hours after 10:30 p.m. for others living in the house.
* We ask that guests remove shoes before going onto any carpeted surface to keep a clean environment.
* No smoking on the property, including the deck, patio, and yard. This means that even if it's raining, you are not allowed to just step outside the door to smoke. Please do not discard cigarette butts on the sidewalk or lawn of our home or our neighbors or on the street.
* Check-in time is between 12:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m, check-out by 11:00 a.m. It is important that you let me know, in advance, of your estimated arrival time so that I will be home then.
* Guests will be expected to clean up after themselves in common areas and should attempt to leave their private areas in order during check-out.
* We ask that guests keep messy foods and activities down on the first floor in the common areas preferably in the dining area or out on the porch.
* No pets please.
* The set of keys given during check-in must be returned as given at check-out.
* Parties are not allowed unless specifically asked permission for after giving details of said party to the host.
* Please no additional guests other than one extra (not counting the two person occupancy of the private area) unless asked permission (subject to additional fees and sleeping arrangements are guest's responsibility).
* Please note that you will be responsible for any damages and losses to our home and property that are caused by acts or omissions of yourself and your invitees. You will be required to pay me for any such losses. (Airbnb requires hosts to give guests this notice to guests in order for the host to be protected by the Airbnb Host Guarantee.)
Recent graduate of VCU and a pilot! I love living in RVA and enjoy sharing my love for the city with others. I believe in everyones' right to a good, enjoyable stay and don't mind going that extra mile to ensure this.
As stated, I am a fully certified private pilot and am currently working on my instrument rating. I love to fly around the state of Virginia and give little tours of the city by air! I can't imagine a world without aviation. It's my passion!
Being relatively new to Airbnb, I am really exited to stay and host on the network and I think it is a great idea to get out and explore safely and socially. I expect honest stays for honest prices and aim for that in everything I do on Airbnb.