This spectacular 5,000 sqft luxury custom home with a walkout basement is situated on quiet, well-treed scenic 4 acres. It is ideal for family & group getaways. Fully stocked kitchen, two plus dining areas, large office, sun room, home gym, media room, mud & full laundry rooms. Central AC. Linen is professionally cleaned for each guest. Only 25 min drive to downtown Calgary and 75 min to the Rockies; a short drive to shopping & restaurants at Rocky Ridge, Royal Oak and Crowfoot Shopping Centres.
The scenic house is custom-built and all items hand-picked. It was designed by John Haddon Designs Inc. and built by luxury home builder award winner (nine times) - McKinley Masters, and furnished by Laz a Boy furnishings.
In addition to the rooms described on the Dashboard, the house also has a large home office with built in maple desks for three individuals to work simultaneously, 3 hard wired internet outlets plus WIFI connections, telephone jack and 2 shelves. The house also has a relaxing Sun room with lots of designer furniture, Media Room, a small gym with a programmable treadmill, Inspire Fitness M3 Multi Home Gym equipment and a few weights, in addition to a large common space. A stand-up piano in the basement hall. There is a generous mud room and full laundry room with washer and dryer plus an ironing board. Three patios - walk-out basement, main floor and outside the master bedroom. It is surrounded by thousands of trees providing complete privacy.
We will provide sufficient new and clean linen plus pillows, duvets, bathroom supplies and hair dryers. The heated garages may be used, which can accommodate up to three cars. However, the remote controls are not provided as they tend to walk. Guests are welcome to open the garages from the inside of the house.
The house is centrally air conditioned and heated. The temperature (thermostat) can be programmed according to your comfort level. All basement rooms including the hallway have independent thermostats for each room.
There are three TVs with satellite channels.
Accès des voyageurs
All areas except one built-in wardrobe in the walk-out basement. Two other large wardrobes are available for your use.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Yes please feel free to email 24/7.
Please watch your little children carefully as there are lots of slopes and trees on the property.
Thank you for choosing our house. Hope you enjoy your stay. Please treat this house just as you would like others to treat your house. Given below are the HOUSE RULES. Please read the HOUSE RULES in their entirety and inform other members of your group as well.
• NO DRUGS OR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. NO PETS, NO SMOKING.
• NO EXCESSIVE DRUNKENNESS.
• This is a quiet and very private neighborhood so please NO LOUD MUSIC or EXCESSIVE NOISE (> 50 dBA) AFTER 11 PM (City and County by-laws) and NO LATE-NIGHT LOUD PARTIES ALLOWED. Some events may be allowed with a higher than $1,000 deposit. No exceptions. Full disclosure about all aspects of the events is required prior to confirming reservation. Misleading statements about the nature of events is unacceptable and will result in booking cancellation.
• MAXIMUM Number of people staying overnight = 12 as noted on the Airbnb website.
• No heavy odor or extra-spicy cooking.
• THE COOK TOP AND KITCHEN APPLIANCES, MICROWAVE AND TOASTER OVENS, COFFEE MAKERS, GRINDERS, POPCORN MAKER, AND BBQ MUST BE CLEANED UP AFTER EACH USE AND SPECIFICALLY BEFORE LEAVING. ALL DISHES MUST BE WASHED in the dish-washer (soap and/or pods supplied) OR by hand (pots and pans; dishwasher liquid provided). A fee may be charged if dirty dishes are left behind.
• To reduce environmental pollution, PLEASE TURN OFF LIGHTS WHEN NOT NEEDED. TURN OFF CEILING & EXHAUST FANS AND FIREPLACES WHEN LEAVING THE ROOM AND/OR THE HOUSE.
• Respect the privacy of neighbors and no excessive noise disturbing the peaceful environment.
• No outdoor shoes or high heels inside the house.
• No open fireplaces or pits as it can lead to fire threatening lives and property. Use BBQ for your enjoyment.
• At times, you may see wildlife on the property (deer, elks, moose, fox, and coyotes). Please do not approach them.
• Please use the house gym located in the walk-out basement at your own risk. We are not responsible for any injury resulting from its use. Keep children off the moving equipment and weight machines.
• The house has both central AC and heating including slab-heated floors so please Always keep the doors leading to outside closed. If you wish to open the doors for fresh air, please make sure to pull the screen (phantom doors) otherwise you may end up inviting mosquitoes, yellow jackets, flies and other critters in the house, which could make life miserable for you and the guests. There are a large number of windows with screens, please feel free to use them but do close them and the doors securely before leaving the house. There is a deck, a patio and a balcony for your enjoyment. Close the phantom door while on the deck.
• Garbage Handling and Disposal: There are three large bins in the garage for garbage and recycling. The garbage and recycling must be placed inside these bins. Do not leave garbage on the driveway or in open spaces as it will attract wildlife that can be hazardous to the occupants and the animals alike.
• There are extra garbage, recycling bags and indoor bin liners in the pantry for your convenience.
• Please do not use garburator to grind large pieces or chunks of food.
• The furniture, art work, bedding, towels and other amenities (hair dryers, bedroom clocks) are for your and other guests’ comfort and convenience of our guests. They belong to and must remain at the premises. Any damage to the bedding or furnishings will be charged against the damage deposit.
• Please use the GARBAGE BINS provided in each washroom to dispose paper towels, plastic material, diapers, condoms or sanitary pads. Do not throw these items in the toilet.
• No paper towels, only the appropriate (supplied) bathroom tissue paper should be disposed off in the toilets.
• WIFI, WIRED INTERNET, MEDIA ROOM, TV/ SATELLITES. WIFI password will be supplied to you up on arrival. You are welcome to use the high-speed hard-wired Ethernet cables (3) in the Den/office. Similarly, the instructions to obtain house key will be forwarded to you on an individual basis. House Manual placed on one of the kitchen counters contains directions for operating TV and other entertainment equipment, shopping canters, restaurants and places of interest.
• Please notify us of any damage to the property or its contents. Once again, a very warm welcome and please respect the HOUSE RULES.
• THANK YOU!
I am a physician in active practice, specialized in neonatal medicine and a researcher in respiratory control during the first weeks of life. I love to entertain family and friends and host people. Airbnb is a better way of travelling and staying than being in a hotel.
Motto: Take care of people regardless of their social, ethnic and religious background and affiliations. Put others ahead of myself!