The Loony Bin is a two-storey waterfront cabin which includes 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, hot tub, in-suite laundry, private dock, games room, 2 wood burning fireplaces, and close to amenities. See www.pbcariboocabin com for more details.
Cabin sleeps 8-9 people with the two upstairs bedrooms containing queen beds, one downstairs bedroom contains a bunk bed and the second downstairs bedroom contains both a bunk bed and a twin bed. Both floors have a washroom with the upstairs containing a 4-piece and the downstairs having a 3-piece. The cabin has an open floor plan overlooking the lake with the kitchen and dining room open to the living room which has an exquisite stone fireplace. Walk through a sliding glass door to access the 2nd storey deck which contains a covered seating area, BBQ and an outdoor table. The open floor plan and amazing lake views continue on the lower floor with the open concept games room and media room. A sliding glass door leads from the games room out to the main lawn giving easy access to the fire pit, upper deck, private dock and hot tub. The cabin is located next to a forested ravine complete with a small creek which creates great separation from the neighbours.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
If you require assistance during your stay, we can be reached via phone or email.
Wireless internet is available for an additional $100 fee.
2 kayaks are available for a $50 fee.
A canoe is available for a $50 fee.
Out of province guests can request additional bedding for a $25/bed fee.
Pets are welcome, but are subject to a $50/pet fee. Please let homeowner know prior to booking if you have a pet staying with you. Include the type of pet along with the breed, disposition, and approximate size.
Located in the cabin you will find dog bowls and beds, however, they may be in storage so please let us know if you would like to use them so that we can leave them out for you.
If you would like additional accommodations we have a 31 foot trailer available for rental with the cabin and a small guest cabin.
The trailer has a bedroom with a queen bed, twin bunk bed, sofa bed, bathroom with shower, kitchen and a fabulous deck overlooking the lake. The trailer sleeps 4-5 people. There is an 8 foot slide out to give you added width in the main living space. Great for anyone wanting their own place to getaway.
The guest cabin sleeps 4-5 people with the main floor bedroom containing a queen bed and the loft containing three twin beds. The main floor 3-piece washroom includes a shower. The cabin has an open floor plan overlooking the lake with the galley kitchen open to the dining/living room which includes a four person table, couch, chair, and T.V. with DVD player. Walk through a sliding glass door to access the raised deck which contains a covered seating area, BBQ and stairs down to the water. An outdoor fire pit is located beside the cabin, overlooking the lake. Finally, a small deck is located off the front of the cabin overlooking the private yard and driveway.
To book the trailer please contact us and we will send you a special offer for the additional fee.
Please search for the 'Bear Essentials' to book the small guest cabin, but let us know you are interested in both cabins so we can hold the dates for you.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere on the property. Any damage due to cigarette burns, including the exterior deck, buildings or property will be deducted from your deposit. This includes fumigation of the entire cottage due to smoke damage from improper use of wood stove, lingering tobacco or pet odors, or illegal substances.
2. People other than those in the Guest party as specified prior to arrival may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The cabin is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. An “excessive” cleaning fee of $200.00 minimum will be deducted from the deposit if the cabin is not left reasonably clean and tidy.
5. Only use appliances for their intended purpose.
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and an additional fee is due prior to arrival.
7. Parking: Parking is limited to 3 vehicle(s). Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. We suggest you bring beach and towels and bed linens. LINENS CAN BE PROVIDED for OUT-OF-PROVINCE guests only, but MUST BE WASHED ON CHECKOUT DATE. A washing machine and dryer are located in the cabin for Guest use.
9. Hot Tub: No children under the age of 16 permitted in hot tubs without adult supervision. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Prior to the Check-in Date the hot tub is drained, sanitized, refilled and the chemicals are replenished; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
10. Fireplace: The fireplace is a wood burning. Wood is supplied, and included in the rental fee.
11. Water: The cabin is on a lake water pump system. The tap water has not been tested thus Guest must supply their own drinking water. One bottle of water to be used on the water dispenser is provided by Homeowner which can be re-filled at the Interlakes grocery store.
12. Septic: Cabin is on engineered septic system so water usage at any one time should be limited. Guest should spread showers out throughout day and not run multiple appliances (dishwasher, washing machine, or shower). The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. Do not flush anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you will be charged damages.
13. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions, weather conditions, or utility outage.
14. Noise: In the event of any unreasonable rowdiness or noise that leads to complaints by others Guest shall vacate the premises immediately upon Homeowner’s request and forfeit the balance of the prepaid rental.
15. Excess Damage: Guest is responsible for, and reimburses Homeowner within 90 days, for any and all repairs to damage which exceeds the amount covered by the deposit.
16. Life Jackets: Homeowner will provide, and is included in the rental rate, two adult life jackets. Guest is responsible for providing children’s life jackets and any additional adult life jackets necessary.
17. Wild life: The environmental envelope around the cottage is rich, diverse and includes animals and insects that are sometimes undesirable to some people. These creatures are part of nature. The Homeowner has taken every precaution to prevent unseemly visitors from the cabin. Therefore the Homeowner does not accept such irritations as grounds for cancellation of a rental and/or a refund of monies.
18. Outbuildings: Rental excludes the use of the Homeowner’s motorized boats, the outbuildings on the property, the travel trailer and Homeowner’s property stored in the outbuildings unless expressly identified.
19. Fire pit: The external fire pit is for camp fire use only. Guest must obey any fire ban restrictions in the area and keep the hose next to the pit.
20. Accidents: Guest shall give Homeowner prompt written notice of any accident, unsafe or dangerous condition; problem with the cabin, surrounding property, buildings, equipment, or other chattel belonging to Homeowner. Guest shall be liable for any damage done by reason of water being left running from taps in the rental unit or improper use of appliances, septic system and equipment provided.
21. Garbage: Guest is responsible for depositing all garbage (including recyclables) in a regulated dump. Any garbage or recyclables left in cabin will be subject to a $100 Garbage Disposal Fee which will be deducted from deposit. Garbage and other foods can and will attract animals such as bear, raccoons, mice, etc. Garbage and food must be sealed to reduce odours, and stowed in “locked down” areas until properly disposed of in a regulated dump. Guest shall be responsible for any repairs required due to damage relating to the furrowing of animals for food due to improperly stored material. The dump is located at 7377 Horse Lake Rd.
22. System Alarm: The septic system control panel is housed in the small shed beside the cabin. The system is equipped with alarms to signify that the system is not working. Homeowner has taken every precaution to ensure that the system is working and thus Guest is responsible for any damage to the system. Guest must take steps to repair system as follows:
a. Enter the shed,
b. identifying which alarm is triggered,
c. turn off fuse,
d. wait 2-3 minutes, and
e. reset fuse.
If this does not solve the problem, turn off the fuse to silence the alarm and contact Homeowner. Do not use water in the cabin until the problem has been fixed. Guest may use the trailer water and septic system until such time as the problem is resolved. Guest can check the system by resetting the fuse after 6 hours. If problem persists contact Homeowner and a professional shall be contacted. Continue to use the trailer, which has a 2-3 day holding capacity, until Homeowner has dealt with the problem. Homeowner will not reimburse Guest for use of trailer water system due to alarm.
23. Water Pump: The power to the water pump is located in the utility room under the stairs. Homeowner has taken precautions to ensure proper system use and is not responsible for any damage to the system. Guest may need to turn pump off, in utility room near the blue tank and marked 230V, if a problem arises.
24. Fuse Box: The fuse box is located in the guest bedroom to the left of the front door. Homeowner has taken precautions to ensure proper system use and is not responsible for any damage to the system. Guest may trip a fuse and need to access the fuse box to address the problem.
25. Boat Launch: Larger boats can be launched at the Provincial Park whereas smaller 12-14 foot fishing boats can be launched at the end of our road. The Homeowner is not responsible for any damages that may occur as a result of launching any boat.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 7 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
Cet hôte a 1 commentaire pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires