- Great value.
- Flexible check-in/out
- Clean and spacious
- Large windows and a small balcony
- Great location (very close to the tram stop, a large grocery store, and restaurants)
- Comfortable bed and clean sheets
- Kitchen with refrigerator (no freezer), small stove, sink, table, pots, pans, drinking glasses, and utensils.
- Stand-up shower (no tub) with good hot water supply
- Large towels and hand towels provided
- Drying rack in the bathroom (great if you are hand washing clothes)
- On the 4th floor, no elevator
Overall, the experience staying at Yunes's apartment was a good experience. Yunes is a very nice man and a friendly, accommodating host.
The bedroom/living area is nice and large with large windows and a small balcony. The windows are situated so that the rising sun shines in during the morning. The bed is comfortable and clean sheets were provided. We never ran out of hot water while taking a shower. The toilet is a typical German style with the "shelf" design. The kitchen area is functional with everything you'd need to cook a meal, make tea/coffee, etc. The apartment is on the 4th floor and there is no elevator. This was not a problem for us, but if you have a problem with stairs or plan on carrying a lot of stuff to and from the apartment, keep this in mind.
The apartment is in a very good location. It is close to the tram stop (within the AB zone; tickets were 2,80 euros per ticket) and only about 25-30min away from Alexanderplatz via the tram. There is a large grocery store very close by with a large selection of ingredients for making a home-cooked meal (and a fantastic selection of beer). There is a laundromat nearby. There are also a few restaurants in the area. We particularly liked a nearby restraunt called "Pietschmanns", good German cuisine at a reasonable price. It seems locals enjoy eating there, but don't expect the staff to speak English.
Thank you, Yunes, for the great stay!