Secluded cottage on large, lush 1/2 acre lot in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, east of Federal Highway between Las Olas and 17th Street Causeway. Semi-private pool. It is quiet, safe and lush. Take a short walk to water, pubs, shopping, and movies. This is a great place for biking, walking, and anything outdoors. The beach, airport, Las Olas, marinas and groceries are all nearby. We are child and pet friendly.
This ad is for a cottage that is tucked behind a larger, main house on lush private 1/2 acre in east Fort Lauderdale. It is truly a special and relaxing space, a slice of Old Florida. (Parking included.)
The cottage is quiet and cozy. It has a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, living room, and canopy-covered patio.
The yard has a pool, BBQs, lots of space and many trees.
The main house, which sleeps 8, can be rented separately or together with the cottage. This ad is for the cottage only.
Accès des voyageurs
Common areas on the property include:
- the pool and surrounding deck
- the outside laundry
- east and west entry gates
- the barbecues
- walkways and grounds inside the walls of the compound.
The common areas are shared among all property residents.
The main house patio and cottage patios are not common areas -- they are reserved for the user of their respective guests.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
This property is managed by a person who lives nearby. She is the renter's main contact while staying at the property. She will ensure that any issues related to your stay are addressed.
Torches and candles:
- We supply citronella candles and tiki torches to enhance the outdoor experience at night and to keep mosquitoes away. For best results in the late afternoon and evening they should be lit 15 minutes before you go outside. Use these only at your own risk. Please feel free to ask us to light them. Definitely allow us to refill them; please let us know if this is needed.
- Two BBQs are provided - one uses gas, the other uses charcoal. Again, please be careful and use at your own risk. Ask us if you are uncertain. We are happy to help. Please clean the grill when you finish cooking.
- Yoga mats, pool towels, and similar goodies are available for your use. In the main house, see the closet near the front door. In the cottage, look in the bedroom closet.
- Separate containers are provided for recyclables and for other household trash. Please recycle.
- The outside trash bins are of three different types: blue for recyclables, brown for household trash, and green for yard waste. Please put your trash out in the appropriate bin.
- The landlord manages moving outside trash cans to the street for pickup and back after pickup. You (the renter) need not be concerned about this. - City ordinance requires that the trash pickup schedule be documented in the lease agreement, so here goes:
- Monday: All trash cans are put out on the street shortly after 7 PM.
- Tuesday: The City picks up the trash at non-specific times. The cans are brought back from the street at around 7 PM.
- Thursday: The brown cans with non-recyclable garbage are put out around 7 PM.
- Friday: The City picks up. Cans come in around 7 PM.
Other useful information:
- Health and Safety contacts
In case of emergency: Dial 911
- For a non-emergency: 954-764-HELP (4357)
- Nearest hospital:
Broward Health Medical Center
1600 S Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Fort Lauderdale Police Department
1300 W Broward Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
- We are certified and licensed to operate by the City of Fort Lauderdale, by Broward County, and by the State of Florida.
- This property has an open pool that could be safety concern for non-swimmers. Please do not rent here if your group includes a toddler or other person for whom an open pool would be a safety concern. Please do not rent here if you anticipate having a toddler or non-swimming guest. This property complies with all local pool safety ordinances (we are certified by the City), but better safe than sorry.
- Only pets that we approve are welcome on the property. Small and medium size dogs will be considered. Please let us know about your pets when you inquire about the property.
- An additional fee will be required based upon length of stay: $75 for 1 to 6 nights, $150 for 7 nights or more.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times when outdoors.
- Guests are responsible for any damages to the room and its contents. The guest’s suite will be inspected or for such damages. If extensive cleaning or damage repair is necessary beyond the normal deep cleaning process, the guest may be charged additional fees.
- Pets may remain alone in a guestroom so long as the pet is well-behaved. However, if your pet is disturbing others or causing damage, then it cannot be left alone and must remain in your control.
- Noise/disruptive/aggressive complaints – barking, noise that is disruptive to others, and aggressive behavior are not acceptable. Upon receipt of two (2) noise or other bad behavior complaints, the guest may be asked to make alternate arrangements for their pet.
- Guests are responsible for picking up after their pet in and around the hotel at all times.
- We will provide a list of local dog sitters, dog walkers, and kennels upon request.
- Please be aware the City of Fort Lauderdale has an ordinance governing noise that essentially says "no loud noise outside after 10 PM". This is generally not a problem. There is plenty of room indoors so please take the party inside after 10. City ordinance requires that we show the ordinance verbatim, so here it is: "any sound shall not be plainly audible for a period of one (1) minute or longer at a distance of twenty-five (25) feet or more when measured from the source property line between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. daily and at a distance of fifty (50) feet or more when measured from the source property line between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. daily".
- Residents of the main house can park in the circular drive; this is reserved for you. There is room here for 3 cars.
- Cottage residents can park on the west boundary of the driveway. You have room for two cars.
- The parking space under the big tree is reserved for the property manager.
- Please let us know if you need more room for parking at the property. Normally we can accommodate a few additional cars.
Big, late, loud parties:
- This is a fabulous location for hosting 100 of your closest friends for a late night, loud and rowdy party. Please, definitely do not do that. It is against City ordinances governing noise and parking, and it is against house rules. You could be fined, you could lose your deposit, or both.
- Please plan to evacuate in the event of a hurricane.