As seen on the FINE LIVING channel’s 'Around the World in 80 Homes'. Cozy and private, yet within walking distance of the city center. Our most entertaining house, with terrace, billiards table, X-box (with Kinnect) and loads of board games & books.
A cozy yet spacious townhouse with an Alentejan vibe, Casa Joaquina features an open living area, big downstairs "hangout" room (complete with pool/air hockey table), ample kitchen and skylights to let in Lisbon's legendary sunlight.
Because the comfortable living areas are all on one level, the house works well for singles traveling together, while the multiple levels give larger groups room to spread out. Despite interior stairs, to the terrace and the downstairs bedroom/gameroom, child safety gates can be provided to make the house suitable for toddlers and young children.
Best of all, Casa Joaquina is just 8 minutes walk from the Rossio (Lisbon's fabulous main square). This beautifully restored 19th-century townhome is perfectly located in the heart of historic Lisbon.... close to everything, yet private and hidden away.
Relax on the rooftop garden terrace with a glass of Vinho Verde, enjoy cocktails while you gaze at the startlingly blue sky... Enjoy the most peaceful slice of Lisbon available!
Accès des voyageurs
Guests will have access to the entire house and the terrace.
On-site inspection and approval from SAWDAY’S 'Special Places to Stay'
We also offer:
* LUXURY LINENS: 400+ threadcount sheets; soft, fluffy towels;
* ORIENTATION TOUR: from the local grocer to a quick visit to the Rossio/Baixa, this introduction quickly became a guest favorite;
* WELCOME PACK: bottle of Portuguese Vinho Verde, coffee, teas, orange juice, tangy local cheese, fresh fruit and freshly-baked bread;
* METRO/TRAM PASSES: we can have these waiting for you at check-in, just ask;
* PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING: If you wish, we can pick-up a few of your favorite staples. No charge for delivery. Please ask for details;
* LIBRARY: books, games, guidebooks and Portuguese music CDs;
* SPORTS EQUIPMENT: beach towels, sports balls and handy surfing hints;
* FOR KIDS: Books, games and beach toys in each house. Port-a-crib, high chair, child's bedrail and outlet protectors, available upon request (See the 'Bring the Kids!' page on our website for a full list of child amenities);
* BABYSITTING: We are happy to help you find qualified sitters who speak a variety of languages. Please ask for details;
* ASK about our 'In-Home Cooking Classes' and 'Private Fado Tours'.
Children of all ages are welcome. We provide safety gates for the stairs.
** Please note that the house is located at the top of a small hill and has interior stairs. As such, it is not suitable for people with limited mobility. **
We are happy to help with anything you need, before or during your stay
Our family manages three vacation rentals and holiday apartments in the
historic center of Lisbon, and one on Armona Island, in the Algarve. For availability and booking information, please see V
Our parish prides itself on being an "aldeia" -- a village -- hidden in the
capitol city. You are only moments from the Rossio (Lisbon's main
plaza) yet, when you’re staying in one of our vacation rentals, you'll
fall naturally into the quiet simplicities of typical Portuguese neighborhood life.
And how did we find this wonderful neighbourhood? In June 2001, we kissed Seattle good-bye and moved to our family's ancestral Portugal to work with Habitat for Humanity/Portugal. Soon afterwards, in an attempt to
protect ourselves from the crashing dollar, we decided to panic -- no,
wait -- we diversified into €uro-zone real estate and launched our first
Ten years on, we couldn't be more pleased with the result: sharing our love of the Portuguese people and culture with guests from around the world has been a delight.
We never get tired of watching people fall in love with Lisbon!