We were the second set of renters to stay in this house. Overall, we enjoyed our stay even though we encountered a few problems, which we'll explain in a minute. In the end, though, we would recommend this rental and would consider staying there again.
1. The location is great. Right across the street from the water. A fast walk to the public beach, which was never crowded. Walkable to a restaurant that has a gorgeous marina view where you can watch the sun set over Hingham Bay. Just lovely all around.
2. The house was super clean. A+
3. Nice, updated kitchen. Great appliances. We wanted to take the stove home with us. (We resisted that urge.)
4. Mike, the caretaker, lives right behind the house. He's very nice and was awesome about helping us with whatever we needed.
5. Lots of bedrooms.
6. We never ran out of hot water.
The cons were mostly related to these homeowners being new to the AirBnB process. We spoke to the owner, Evan, about these issues and he seemed genuinely concerned about making sure we had a good visit, and correcting any areas where the house didn't quite match up the ad.
The house was a little light on amenities when we arrived, but Mike took care of those issues immediately. We think they just weren't quite ready for a group our size (there were 2 adults and 4 kids).
If you're looking to rent this place, you should know that the 2 third floor bedrooms are of a completely different character than the rest of the house. They are essentially attic rooms, with very rustic wood paneling on the ceiling and walls. There is nothing wrong with these rooms at all, they just weren't what we were expecting. If you have younger kids, this might be an issue. (We kept telling our 11 and 13 year old how cool it was that they were getting the real old-house-in-New-England experience. They rolled with it. It was fine.)
This may have changed, but when we were there, there was 1 king bed, 1 full-size bed, and one single bed in the three 2nd floor bedrooms. The 3rd floor had 2 bedrooms, one had one single bed and one had two single beds pushed together.
Definitely a nice place for a family or group. Can't beat the location.
Plus, there are ferries into Boston from Hingham or Hull, so that made for easy sightseeing.
Give it a try!