In the past few years I have stayed at over 20 Airbnb apartments for a total of ~18 months, and unfortunately this has been my first less-than-positive experience.
- The inside of the apartment is great, and looks just like the photos advertised. The main balcony is fun to hang out at night, and the building itself is also high end.
- The location is excellent, as the apartment is within a short walking distance to the beach, nightlife and everything you need.
- Loni, who helps Dana manage the apartment, is always available, very friendly, and easy to communicate with.
On the downside, we had two main issues:
- As we are light sleepers, before booking the apartment we explicitly asked Dana if there was any major construction near the building, and were told that there was none. Upon arrival, we were woken up the first morning at 6:30am (and most of the subsequent mornings) by loud construction work that was taking place literally right across the street. We mentioned this to Dana, and were told that there was no construction when we originally booked the place a couple of weeks earlier. Regardless, it’s worth noting that there were two other construction sites 50-100 meters away that definitely seemed to be up already for a long time.
- During our first evening, we tried to use the washing machine, which was of a type that I am familiar with. After the machine got jammed, we tried for hours to re-run cycles and open it with no luck. Loni was also unable to fix it, so she called a technician. He said that we used it incorrectly, which I am disputing as the machine simply stopped working mid-cycle without us touching it. Dana insisted that the machine is new and it was our wrongdoing, hence she wants us to pay for the technician’s time.
Overall, though we liked the apartment and its location, we will not be coming back here. This is not only due to the potential noise level, but also mainly due to Dana’s approach to issue resolution which we do not appreciate. It is ok to book this place, just make sure there’s no nearby construction and do not use the washing machine…