***WINTER DISCOUNT PRICING HAS BEEN ADDED TO THIS LISTING!***
Close to everything! Clean & Green!
Want to stay in a truly unique, custom-built tiny home ( that feels big! ) in the heart of Portland's hottest neighborhood?
The Mississippi Smalls - Blue Door Loft will treat you right. We look forward to hosting you in our hand-crafted micro-loft built with love!
***If this unit is booked - please see also the Mississippi Smalls - Lemon Door loft on the same property, separate listing***
The Mississippi Smalls - Blue Door Loft is our modern / industrial / rustic take on a tiny home with a luxe spirit, & a personal & economical alternative to staying in a hotel/motel in the city. Located in the heart of the eclectic & Historic Mississippi District & boasting a Walker's Paradise 91 & Biker's Paradise 93 score, the Smalls are sure to deliver a unique experience in custom designed, space efficient housing & convenient access to some of Portland's hottest spots, just steps away!
Tranquil, meditative, efficient, green-friendly environments, which combine both comfort & practicality in a 320 square foot-print; the open, vaulted, light-filled space will make them seem much bigger than they are. They are appointed with everything you need whether you are visiting PDX for a few days or for an extended stay.
Our inspiration was born out of our love for efficient & well-crafted spaces. We've pooled the considerable talents of friends, artists & local crafts-people to design, construct & finish out the micro-lofts.
Our experiences touring as Musicians for many years, travels around the world, participating in Burning Man & our deep local roots all influence the vibe of the space. Wherever possible, we have reclaimed, repurposed, up-cycled, & recycled objects & materials & incorporated them into the design & function of the building & surrounding space.
Each unit is also a completely separate & standalone building. The micro lofts share a garden, bamboo rustling in the breeze, ready to fire grill & fully landscaped yard. Perfect for reflecting, bbq'ing, reading, relaxing, happy-houring or whatever your heart desires. ENJOY!
WITH REGRETS: NO PETS/NO SMOKING/NO VAPING INSIDE THE UNITS
Accès des voyageurs
• THE GROUNDS: All guests have access to the garden / yard space in between the units, where the gas grill is.
• KEYLESS ENTRY allows for easy 24 hour check in / check out, at your convenience.
• LATE CHECK INS/ EARLY CHECK OUTS: Please do not worry about late nite check ins or early morning check outs - it's no bother! :)
• KEY CODE: We will send you the code on the day of your arrival.
• LAUNDRY: There is also a pretty nice laundry / pub less than a block away from the house on Fremont if you need to do your laundry while you drink beer or coffee with friends. DIY Portland style!
Échanges avec les voyageurs
• MESSAGE US ANYTIME!: We are just an airbnb message/phone call/email/text away!
• AIRBNB MESSENGING: Airbnb messages are preferred & we respond promptly to them. Please use the airbnb messages as those are pushed as texts to both of us.
• ENJOY YOURSELVES!: We are pretty hands off hosts & will leave you to enjoy your selves for the most part, but we will check in on you to make sure all is well.
• HOUSE MANUAL/HOUSE RULES: Please read over the house manual & house rules upon booking. All your questions will be answered! ☺
• COMPLIMENTARY GREEN Kitchen: We provide fresh local Coffee & Tea, bottle of wine & bar of chocolate for every guest. Organic & local soaps, cleaners & other amenities wherever possible.
• COMPLIMENTARY GREEN Bath: Shampoo, conditioner, body soap, & lotion. Iron & ironing board, hair dryer.
• ARTWORK: Original artwork by the owner & local artists
• KITCHENETTE: Kitchenette with hotplate, toaster oven, microwave, cookware & utensils - enough to heat up a meal or prepare a simple one. There are so many amazing restaurants nearby - we think you'll be out enjoying them more than cooking in the cottage - but the kitchenette will serve to help you prepare simple meals if you'd like to stay in & eat too.
• PATIO: Outdoor sitting area with private patio
• BEDDING: All cotton bedding & towels - extra bedding & linens located in chaise lounge portion of couch and/or in linen closet. High quality bedding & sheets.
• BEDS: Comfortpedic memory foam queen-size mattress in sleeping loft (so comfy). Fold out couch bed down below, bedding for couch bed is located in the chaise lounge portion of the couch. Just pull up on it & voila! Accommodates up to 4 people, no additional charge for extra guests.
• WIFI: Free Wi-Fi
• NO TV: Bring your laptop & stream movies, or cuddle up with our adult coloring books & markers, magazines & guidebooks.
• HEATING & A/C: Cadet heaters upstairs & down, & A/C & fans available if needed
• GRILL: Ready-to-fire charcoal grill
• PARKING: Ample street parking
• ENTRANCE: Up the front stairs in front of the main house, then turn right, head to your unit, Blue or Yellow Door. Blue Door sits on the front of the property, Yellow Door entrance along side of main house, down the center of the property, unit is at the back of the property.
• BIKE RENTALS: Biketown bike rental station just two blocks away on Mississippi & Beech
En savoir plus sur ce numéro
Please also read the HOUSE MANUAL upon booking & Mississippi Smalls guidelines & in the Binder in the cottage when you arrive.
There is also a list of our local recommendations: “things to do, drink, see, & eat” guide we’ve put together in the Binder as well. Kid friendly activities too!
1. NO SMOKING: Smoking is NOT allowed. No smoking or vaping of tobacco or cannabis is allowed inside of the studio. Smoking or vaping is allowed outside on the patio.
2. GUESTS & RENTAL PARTY: People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. The rental party shall consist of Guest and only the persons listed in the inquiry
3. LIABILITY: The unit is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. CARE OF UNIT: Keep the property and all furnishings in good order, only use appliances for their intended uses & inform us if anything is not working upon your arrival.
5. FOOTWEAR: Fall, Winter & Spring guests - it rains in Portland A LOT. Please help us keep our rugs, floors, linens & furniture in good condition by removing your shoes after you enter the cottage & leaving them by the door. Thank you!
6. RESPECT & QUIET HOURS: Respect the neighbors - houses are close together in this neighborhood, so please respect noise level after 9pm & before 7am so we may continue to host for many years to come!
7. KEY CODE: (keyless entry) to the door will be provided when you check in. (on the day of check-in). You may enter any time after your check in time & check out anytime before your check out time. Do not worry about late arrivals or early departures. You will not disturb us. Come & go as you please without hassle.
8. PULLOUT COUCH: There is a pull out couch bed on the main floor. It is easy to set up & take down - there are specific instructions in the binder in the cottage. It is comfy too! BEDDING IS IN THE PULL UP CHAISE PORTION OF THE LOUNGE.
9. NO PETS: Pets are NOT allowed in the unit. There are no exceptions on this one - regrets in advance! There are (or will be) pets on the premises. Two dogs - Fortune & Danny.
10. PARKING – There is ample parking on the streets surrounding the property. Parking is not limited to any number of vehicles, though one vehicle per party is preferred. Vehicles may park on the street in front of the main house or anywhere in the neighborhood where parking is allowed.
11. HOUSEKEEPING: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. Longer stays may require intermittent cleans on a case-by-case basis.
12. WATER & SEPTIC: The [cabin/property] is on city sewer system. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. If it is found that anything other than toilet paper has been flushed and clogs the system, you could be charged damages of up to ____$50_____.
13. STORMS & REFUNDS: No refunds will be given for storms. We do not refund due to road conditions.
14. AMMENITIES: The property is furnished and includes queen sized bed, extra queen sleeper couch, all kitchen utensils, cookware, dining ware, french press coffee maker, fast heating hot water pot, induction cook top, silverware, towels, sheets, spices, some condiments, iron, ironing board, iPhone Bluetooth sound-bar for music. A/C unit & fans.
15. STOCKED ITEMS: Items we stock: soaps, shampoo, conditioner, TP, tea, coffee, chocolate, wine, olive oil & balsamic vinegar & some basic spices.
We do not keep the kitchen fully stocked with every item you may need, but over time folks tend to leave behind quite an array of stock which we leave out there for your convenience, however we cannot guarantee everything you may need will be out there, only the stocked items are guaranteed. If any of the stocked items are out - please let us know right away & we will replace & we will inform our cleaner immediately!
16. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 persons. An additional charge or $10 per person per night for guests in addition to 2 will be assessed (waived for soft -opening period).
17. TERM OF THE LEASE begins with the "Check - in" date & ends with the "Check - out" date.
18. MINIMUM STAY: This property requires a 2 night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than 2 days, the guest will be charged the $145-night rate.
19. RENTAL RULES: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules above at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
20. HOMEOWNER ACCESS: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
21. DEPOSIT: A deposit has been paid to airbnb.com to reserve your dates. Reservations cannot be guaranteed available without deposit. The deposit is applied toward the rental fees. IF NO UNREASONABLE DAMAGE OCCURS, the security deposit will not be charged.
22. DIRTY OR DAMAGED: If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately. If items are damaged or destroyed during your stay, you agree to replace them or pay for their replacement if they are of significant value. This includes Duvet covers destroyed by stains.
23. RENTAL RATE. Payment in full of the full fees shall be due upon arrival & paid through airbnb.com.
24. CANCELLATION POLICY: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows: _50___% if cancelled _7___ days prior to the Check-in Date __0__% if cancelled _6___ or less___ days prior to the Check-in Date. HOWEVER IF WE ARE ABLE TO RE-BOOK YOUR BOOKING, WE WILL REFUND YOUR STAY 100%, AFTER THE DATES OF YOUR ORIGINAL STAY HAVE PASSED. WE WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT!
25. INSURANCE: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance. Contact your current homeowner's, renters or auto insurance policy holder.
26. RENTAL AGREEMENT: The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by their acceptance of this booking.
27. CHECKOUT PROCEDURE: Please follow the Check-out procedure listed in the HOUSE MANUAL upon checking out of the unit. If our cleaner reports any broken, missing our damaged items or finds you have not followed the check out procedure, they will inform us upon Check out & it may unfortunately result in either lower review scores, damage fees, or both.
28. 5 STAR EXPERIENCE!: Our main goal in hosting is for you to have a 5 Star experience - if there is anything we can do for you while you are here to help ensure that - please do not hesitate to ask us!
ANYTHING YOU NEED! Should you require any additional amenities not listed here - please ask! Can't hurt. :) We look forward to hosting you & to your stay.
We do not live on the premises, so we may not have the pleasure of meeting you, but we are only a short distance away & always a quick call or text if you need anything at all.
Make yourselves at home & Enjoy~!!!
Heather, Topher, Linda, Stella, Maddi & Inigo!
Check-in: Anytime after 4PM
We are self described lovers of life, music, fun, travel, art, music, gardening, food, wine, bikes & adventure! Together with our daughters Stella & Maddi, we try to live each day to its fullest with the understanding that life is short, so enjoy it!
We have extensively traveled in South America, Central America, North America & Europe & we have toured as percussionists with MarchFourth Marching Band in many of those places as well. We love that we have been able to create a place now that we are settling in as a family where travelers can come visit us & share their vacations with us. We truly love hosting & our dream is to build more cottages in Portland, the city we love, call home & we always come back to, no matter how far away we range.
We have been told we are laid back, generous hosts & we will be able to give you many spot on recommendations in the city or in the region as we have lived in & explored this area for over 20 years. We love to share our insider knowledge of the quirky, community spirited, eco-minded "Portlandia" that everyone is talking about.
We absolutely love where we are located in the city directly across from Peninsula park with easy access to I-5, public transportation, bike routes & the trendy Mississippi & Alberta Arts districts. We hope you will join us & share the space we have created for your enjoyment.
Heather, Topher, Stella & Maddi (& Inigo ~ the dog)