Modern sunny apartment with windows and
balconies all around. Huge roof terrace with Rotterdam skyline view and lush green. Close to metro, citycenter, central station and zoo. National monument from the 1930's and completely renovated in 2010.
Welcome in our house!
- 2 pax master bedroom 20 m², double bed, washbasin, TV, direct access roof terrace;
- 2 pax twin bed room 10 m², washbasin, balcony;
- 2 pax bunk bed room 8 m², washbasin, balcony;
- bathroom, bath, toilet, washbasin;
- living room and dining
- kitchen on request
- Direct metro connections to Rotterdam Central station (2 min), Rotterdam Center (5 min), Ahoy convention center (15 min) and The Hague Central station (25 min).
- Direct bus connection to Rotterdam-The Hague Airport (18 min).
- Easy car access to city ring (1 min).
- Free parking with visitors card.
- Free high speed WIFI.
- Clean bedsheets and towels.
- Baby bed and high chair for children available.
TO DO AT WALKING DISTANCE
Artistic and popular neighborhood Blijdorp. You will enjoy the privacy, safety, tranquility and the green surroundings.
- Rotterdam Zoo Blijdorp (5 min walk).
- Rotterdam City centre (10 min walk).
- The popular Vroesenpark where people BBQ and hang out with friends (1 min walk).
- Supermarket, pharmacy, butcher, deli, original cheese shop (5 min walk).
Roterdam with its beautofull skyline is the place to be! Rotterdam has been rated one of the best cities in the world to visit in 2014 according to the New York times and Rough Guide.
- De Rotterdam: The Netherlands’ biggest building, a new “vertical city” with cafés and restaurants designed by Rem Koolhaas heralding a new dawn for the high-rise area locals have dubbed Manhattan on the Maas.
-Kunsthal: The newly renovated Kunsthal in Rotterdam has opened its doors to public again. The new season has started with several exciting exhibitions such as S.H.O.E.S and Marimekko.
Museumkaart is accepted now.
-Markthal: The massive arch of the Markthal designed by MVRDV, whose interior displays 3-D food photographs, becomes the country’s first indoor food hall.
- Rotterdam Centraal station:
An overhaul of Rotterdam Centraal train station has unveiled a new shop-lined pedestrian passageway and the city’s first Starbucks.
TO DO IN ROTTERDAM
- International top museums: Booijmans van Beuningen, De Kunsthal, Netherlands Architecture Institute (NAI).
- Spectacular boat tours through the worlds' 4th biggest harbour.
- Riverwalk with impressive skyline and historic harbor
- Tour along interesting 20th/21st century architecture
Rotterdam is not your typical European city that feels like an open air museum. The centre has an impressive skyline and an interesting mix of modern architecture. And you'll occasionally bump into some beautiful old neighborhoods and harbor docks.
The big sea harbor has shaped the people's mentality: hardworking, no-nonsense, friendly, dynamic, internationally oriented.
The vibrant city centre offers all the shopping, eating, drinking, nightlife and culture you can dream of. And a nice underground art scene, if you're willing to search.
- Motel Mozaique (4-5 April 2014)
-Opera Days Rotterdam (13-25 May)
- International Architecture Biennale (29 May-24 August 2014)
- North Sea Jazz (11-13 July 2014)
- World Ports Days (5-7 September 2014)
- Fabrique Mozaïque (6-7 September)
- 24 Uur Cultuur (14-15 September)
- De Wereld van het Witte de Withkwartier (12-14 September)
Accès des voyageurs
You have the bedrooms and batroom to yourselves - we will stay in our holiday house - we might drop by shortly to pick up some stuff from the living quarters.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We only interact with you during check in and check out, as we will not be in the house during your stay. You can always contact us for questions.
- You have the appartment to yourselves - we will stay in our holiday house - but we might drop by shortly to pick up some stuff from the living quarters.
- Behave and treat the house with respect.
- No pets.
- No smoking inside.
We are Emilie and Kris, two architects, with daughter Roos. We're fond of veggies and fruits from our allotment garden, our oldtimer Mercedes, sailing. We love to receive you in our self-renovated house.