This home in the woods is located on a quiet dead end road above Nevada City. A quick 5 minute drive and you are in town for breakfast or dinner, a play, movie, shopping, coffee shops or at the grocery store.
My home is well appointed with two bedrooms and baths. The master bedroom has a King bed and the downstairs bedroom has a queen bed, both bathrooms have bath tubs. Both bedrooms have soft linens and comfortable McRoskey mattresses.
The living room has gas fireplace as well as forced air heat, but no A/C.
There is a gas barbecue grill on the deck. The Deck has seating for 4 or more under a big 10' umbrella to get out of the sun on warm summer days.
The kitchen is well stocked with a coffee maker, coffee grinder, hand mixers, Cuisinart, juicer, blender, soda stream, toaster, popcorn popper and everything else you would need to make a great meal.
If you are looking to get out and enjoy the outdoors, there are irrigation ditches both above and below the house to walk, run or mountain bike on the path along them. There are a lot of other public trails in the area and are listed at Bear Yuba Land Trust website.
In the Summer, the mature garden is always in bloom. A vegetable garden is available for picking anything that is ripe for eating. Mostly cherry tomatoes, greens, lettuce, herbs and basil.
The South Fork of the Yuba River is nearby (a 20 minute drive to some of the best swimming spots).
Be forewarned, while this place is peaceful and quiet most of the time, there is a shotgun range down the hill at the Sportsman Club. They shoot Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday from a VERY safe distance. It is not all day long but you will hear it at the house and around town.
The house is 30 minutes to I-80 at Auburn or Colfax and 1 hour to Truckee via Hwy 20.
The house is not suitable for young children.
Accès des voyageurs
WiFi internet, Roku player with Amazon prime, Hulu Plus and other Roku apps, full kitchen, foam roller, exercise ball and walking distance to two irrigation ditch trails. Vegetable garden in summer and sometimes winter vegetables.
Level 2 electric charger in driveway.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I would like to interact as much as a guest needs. I have plenty of information in the house manual online and at the house for guests. As with anyone staying at your house, you want them to be comfortable and have what they need. I promptly respond to texts and emails before and during a visit. I would rather give too much information than not enough.
There is a Level 2 32 amp EV charger in the drive way for any elelctric car.
- No parties or pets allowed
- Use reasonable efforts to minimize noise and disruption to neighbors. Loud noise is prohibited from 10:00 PM each day until 8:00 AM. Loud noise is defined as anything that is disturbing neighbors including but not limited to music, televisions, loud talking and musical instruments.
- The house doors and windows shall be locked when the house is not occupied.
- Only the registered guests (no more than 4 adults) shall occupy the house at anytime. Adults only, the house is not suitable for young children or babies.
-Smoking and vaping is not permitted in the house or anywhere on the property. This home is located in a high fire danger area and no flames, smoking, fireworks, etc are permitted at any time.
- Protect all the wood surfaces with coasters and placemats. Placemats and napkins can be found in the kitchen drawers and hallway closet.
- No renter should do or permit anything to be done which is in violation of a Government Regulation or which will or may decrease the attractiveness, desirability or value of the unit or the building as a whole.
- Report any issues to me immediately, I am here to help out if needed.
Enjoy traveling and sharing my home with others since I love it so. I am a recycler and environmentalist in life and at work. I try to be environmentally mindful around the house and offer recycling and kitchen food composting collection for guests.