Peaceful, safe, inspiring, conveniently located, with modest accommodations: Urban Hillside is the perfect place for the independent traveler(s) on a budget. LA Indoor/ Outdoor living at its finest! Perfect little apartment to stay when you are visiting Los Angeles, or just looking for a a short term place to be creative. This is a one bedroom, one bathroom flat in one of Los Angeles' most desirable areas! Silver Lake is considered a hip urban retreat and is great for extended stays! No A/C.
Urban Hillside is a no frills, simple lower duplex apartment located on a beautifully landscaped Swiss inspired, gated 11,000 square foot hillside property in Silver Lake, with charm and character to inspire anyone. This cozy apartment has a full kitchen with a large, private outdoor patio to enjoy your morning coffee or just hang out with friends.
Located in the heart of Silverlake the Urban Hillside Retreat is one block from the Silver Lake Reservoir Meadows Park, the views from the property include the Silver Lake Reservoir, Griffith Park, Mt. Wilson, the Hollywood sign (peek view) and downtown Glendale.
Relax in the main living space of the house watching your smart TV with Roku enjoy dinner on the deck. The living room couch folds down to a twin bed for an extra sleeping space.
This is my house. I travel often and this enables me to share my home with you. Feel free to use the items I have left for your convenience. Please respect my home as you would your own.
Free Wi-fi and one gated parking spot is included!
Dogs are accepted. Please no cats. We charge $15 per day, per pet. Therapy and service dogs are free; documents required.
For filming and special events, please inquire.
Laundry is currently unavailable. If planning to come in summer, we do not have A/C, so please check the weather!
Accès des voyageurs
There are multiple areas on the 11,000 square foot property to enjoy your time, including the large private patio with cafe table, an upper hillside deck with a hammock swing, as well as a community fire pit (though no fires can be made right now due to the fire danger).
We currently do not have laundry available.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We have created easy access for our guests to independently gain entry into their flat. Lock box and security information will be shared with the guests prior to check in.
We like to give our guests their space and have created an independently accessed home away from home. We will supply you with detailed instructions on how to access and work things within the property. We appreciate guests who can enjoy an independent stay as they would in their own home.
Since we are sharing our home, we are most likely traveling, and it is difficult, if not impossible for us to get there on short notice. The best way to reach us is by messaging us through the Airbnb website, and we will get back to you as soon as we are able.
This is a family owned and run property that is a labor of love for us and we enjoy sharing our space with people who want to experience neighborhood living in Silverlake. It is a high priority for us that our guests feel comfortable and safe during their stay and we will work to accommodate your needs within reason. The property is completely gated, including parking.
This is an old home built in the 1920's and although it boasts modern amenities, it maintains the quirks and imperfections of an old, pre-war home. We do not have A/C and the accommodations are modest when comparing major hotels.
For filming and special events, please inquire.
Please remember that you will be staying in a home, not a hotel. Therefore, we ask that you treat our space with the same respect you would show your own. We travel often and have help managing guest services for our home while we are away.
Dogs are welcome, but we charge $15 per day, per pet. Therapy and service dogs are free; documents required.
We are unable to provide concierge service, and trust that you will be self sufficient.
Thank you in advance for respecting our house rules, they are very important to us. Please keep a reasonable volume so as to not disturb our neighbors, and do not invite other guests or have parties. Please leave the house in the same condition you found it as when you first arrived.
- This house is to be used for inspiration and relaxation. No parties.
- Absolutely no photo or film shoots without consent of the owner.
- Due to drought, No fires in the fire pit.
- There is no smoking inside of the unit. Smoking is allowed on your balcony. Please dispose of cigarette butts properly.
- All indoor furniture should remain in the house. Any furniture that has been moved from its original place should be moved back to where it was when you arrived.
- Do not go under any of the buildings, the garage, or any other rooms that have not been officially designated for guest use.
- The storage/laundry room connected to your bathroom should is out of order and should not be used except as an emergency exit. Please keep that door locked.
- There will be a $150 charge for any lost key, key locked in the house, broken lock box, broken door knob, locked into/out of any room on property, or broken/lost gate opener. This does not include the charge for a locksmith if applicable. We highly recommend returning the key to the lock box after each use.
- We are not responsible for your personal items left on or around the property.
- Intermittent maid service can be scheduled for your use during your stay. Please do not use outside maid services without permission. We cannot be responsible for them.
- Due to LADWP water restrictions, we ask that you limit your laundry to the mornings and evenings.
- When you book you are also agreeing to use our internet legally. Please see our internet agreement. DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANYTHING ILLEGALLY.
- Check out is at 11am unless otherwise agreed upon by owner. A late check out results in a fee.
We do not live on the property and therefore are not often available to respond immediately to your calls. We normally respond pretty quickly but please allow up to 4 hours for us to respond to your call. Messaging us through the Airbnb website is normally the best way for you to contact us. In the case of an emergency, please TEXT ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
Airbnb Strict Cancellation Policy - Cancellation of days during your stay will not be reimbursed. We have already blocked these days for your stay.
Rules Regarding Pets:
- We charge for pets as an added guest $10 per day .
- Pets must be looked after and maintained. Please don't allow pets to sleep on any of the furniture.
- Pets should be properly checked and treated for fleas and ticks before arrival.
- Please curb your pets around the property and neighborhood.
- Do not leave food for pets outside.
- Pets should be crated when left alone.
Rules Regarding Children:
- Children over 2 years old will be charged as a guest and should be announced to us as a guest when booking.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Children are not allowed to walk around the property alone and without adult supervision.