Our apartment is located in the center of town. You are steps away from wonderful restaurants, aqua park, theater, roman bridge and river. Market days are Thursday and Sunday in the summer. You live in wine and olive country. You can hike, bike, canoe, swim, play tennis.... French culture is at your footsteps.
Enjoy provencal charm in our two bedroom, two bathroom apartment centrally located in a lively provencal town. The atelier can be used for a third bedroom and living space. The apartment is 1500 square feet on the 2nd and 3rd French floor. The apartment renovations was finished in 2013. The rooftop terrace has a 360 view of the hills that wrap the town.
The kitchen, dining/salon, masterbath and master bedroom are located on the first level of the apartment. The second level has a 2nd bedroom, bathroom with claw tub, laundry room with separate toilet and large atelier (lounge or 3rd bedroom, if needed).
Each bedroom has a queen size very comfortable mattress and plenty of storage space for long stays. There is cross ventilation in the apartment with north and south views. The master bathroom has elegant appliances, including towel warmer, bidet, walk in shower, sink, WC. The 2nd floor bath is split with a clawfoot tub/shower and sink in one room and toilet and washing machine in the other room. This floor has a large “atelier”, which can be used for relaxing, morning coffee or for use for a 5th guest.
This newly renovated kitchen has all the conveniences of an American kitchen but fabricated to give an old world look. It includes high-end appliances. Lacanche gas top/electric oven stove; full sized refrigerator, microwave, toaster, Alclad pots and pans, electric mixers, etc. A full set of copper pots add to the ambiance and fun to get the feeling of cooking like a native.
Living/Dining room has a table that expands to sit 8 comfortably, leather couch, chairs and TV make up this lovely room. Linens, dishes, etc are stored in the armoir and buffet. This room is equipped with 32” television, DVD player, DVDs, IPOD and speakers. The TV gets hundreds of channels, CNN, BBC, EUROnews, France channels, etc. If you like American detective stories in English, you are in luck. The French love American music and detective stories.
You are centrally located in town. 2-5 minutes to the cinema, aquapark, convenience store, boulangerie, bakery, butcher, restaurants, tennis park, boules court and so much more. Walk out your door and hike through the olive and wine trails in the hills surrounding the town. Summertime is jumping with free entertainment 3 times a week. The town is historic for its AOC olives, Cotes du Rhone wine, lavender factory and museum, beer factory, olive cooperative and museum and Scourtinerie and the famousThursday market. If you didn’t use a car you would not get bored in Nyons.
All the connection you want or need. wireless internet, free telephone calling to 100 countries, secured building.
Nyons has a Navette (Free local town bus). It has 4 routes within town. Connections to the train can easily be managed. There is also a bus (4eu approx) that leaves from town center and goes to and from Montelimar. It is timed to connect with trains coming from Paris. Coordination is perfect.
To be considered: no elevator but an easy climb to the apartment. The only other resident is in her 80s and has lived here for 50 years. There’s a pulley to easily raise items to your floor. No onsite parking but plenty of public parking available, most often directly in front of the building.
•2nd & 3rd floor, European (3rd & 4th floor American), no elevator
•Bright, both north and south-facing windows overlooking the picturesque area of Nyons
• High ceilings throughout with tterracotta tiles throughout the home; custom wooden stairs
Entrance/Exit 3rd/4th floors
• 3rd: Double door, stained glass decor
• Double-sized closet with season tromp d’oeuil (ideal for coats and suitcase storage
• Combination safe for your valuables
• 4th floor to terrace - tromp d’oeuil of the old town chateau
• High end American kitchen includes a refrigerator with freezer, dishwasher, microwave oven, stove with 4 gas burners/electric oven, toaster, mixer, pasta machine, marble counter & sink
• Complete array of kitchenware (all cooking utensils, dinner and tableware, serving pieces) electric coffee maker/Espresso machine, copper pans, wustof knives
• electric tea kettle
• windows with French wooden shutters both north and south sides.
• Leather Sofa, comfy chairs
• Antique mirror, Clioustat wall potery
• Decorative Fireplace
• 32” flat screen LED-HD TV with cable channels, including BBC World, CNN International and Aljazeera International
• DVD player region 2, large assortment of DVD’s in English • iPod/iPhone/iPad dock
Atelier/Reading area (can be used as a 3rd bedroom)
• Antique wooden glass-faced book cabinet
• Twin sofa with English tapestry and puffy pillows
• Bookcase with plenty of English books & tourist guides
• French wooden shutters on window and French bistro awning
• iron, and ironing board
• Closet for clothing or storage
• Queen-size bed
• Armoir for hanging and storing clothing
• Marble top bureau with dressing mirror
• Closet with shelves for storing clothes, etc.
• Radio alarm clock
• Side tables and lamp(URL HIDDEN)large white bathrobes
• With bidet, toilet, shower and sink
• European Towel Warmer keeps your towels toasty warm
• Large double door closet holds cosmetics or tuck suitcases away
2nd Bedroom with an International flare /decor
• Full-size antique bed
• Bureau with dressing mirror
• Antique lighting for reading in bed
• Side tables and lamps
• Overhead fan controlled at bedside
Laundry room & WC
• With toilet and sink
• Washer/dryer; expandable drying racks
• Clawfoot tub
• Antique sink
• European Towel Warmer keeps your towels toasty warm
• Plenty of bed linens, hand, bath and kitchen towels
• Picnic basket, beach blanket, beach towels
Rooftop terrace with 360 view
• Clothesline, clothespins, table for folding clothes
• Antique round metal table, tablecloth
• All windows with double pane insulated glass.
• Private telephone line with answering machine
• free long distance telephone service to 100 countries, including US and Canada
• free Wi-Fi internet access
• assortment of books and guidebooks in English
• Manual with instructions for equipment provided
• Electricity, heat, air conditioning, telephone and internet included
* Security - Door locked on ground floor evenings
• No pets allowed
• Contract and deposit required to reserve
Centrally located in town and for using as a base. In less than one hour - Avignon, Gigondas, Brantes, Seguret, Rincherenche, Montelimar, the Ardeche, Pont du Gard and so much more. Less than 1-1/2 to Arles, Nimes, Baux, Luberon.
Accès des voyageurs
Summer is great with lots of great music. Located in the center of town, you could walk to everything. Many Restaurants, movie theater, aqua park, exercise, Roman bridge, river, old town, etc. Lavender distillery, vinegar expo, olive museum, turn of the century working Scoutenerie factory, micro beer production, etc. Stroll down along the river through the natural herb garden. Take a one mile hike on the Olive trail. Hike the hills from the apartment. Rent a bike and tour around. (bike rental in town). Affordable touring car available and accessible across the street from the apartment. Taxis and bus leaves from town. Terrace rooftop with 360 view.
If you do not want a car. There is a way to come from wherever via train, then bus. We will help you figure that out.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
As much or as little as needed. We live in the same town and so we are there to great and give advice on things to do. Lots of brochures available and tourist office is 200 feet from the front door.
The terrace has 360 view. It is simple but the view is glamourous. There is a picnic table, chairs, barbecue… a place to hang your clothes if you prefer over a dryer. At Easter, it is a great location to watch the parade, fireworks, tour de France when it comes through town.
There is a manual available for all guests. No extra guests beyond contracted guests unless discussed with owner. No pets and no smoking. Security door must be locked each evening.
I'm an American living the dream of splitting our lives between France and Fernandina Beach Florida.
France: We live in the famous AOC olive town of Nyons. We purchased our apartment in 2005. Loved it and then decided we would renovate it once we added space. It is totally renovated with comfort and style. We fell in love with the town, the people, the area, the food, the incredible weather, markets, history, wine,... and the culture.
When we retired, we decided that because we loved it so much, we would live here for a good part of the year. We were one of the lucky ones in America. We contacted a realtor and before our home went on the market, it sold. And so, we packed up decades of treasures into a container and the adventure began.
After 4 months in France, we realized we missed our gardens while in France. And... so, we purchased a home on the "hauteurs" with another spectacular view. Here we are (my husband Richard and I) loving our dream life with two properties in the Nyons and one in the states. It doesn't get better than this.
We are now offering both our "pied de terre" 1500 sf apartment in Nyons and The Beach House in Fernandina Beach, Florida
Fernandina Beach: Beach House living in the quaint town of Fernandina Beach FL is a beach dream vacation come true. Sun, swim, bike, watch nesting turtles on a "no vehicle" beach. A great family getaway awaits you in this lovely Floridian family home. The winter of 2016-17, the Great Room was totally renovated to be open, modern and comfy. Great living and entertainment space. The 10'x12' sliders facing the ocean brings the outside inside.
Calendar for the Beach house is located on our property manager's site of Elizabeth Point Lodge in Fernandina Beach. I have tried to connect but can't. So check it out there. Bookings go quickly.
France: What is so wonderful about this life is that we get to meet many people. We love hosting families and new friends. Visitors get a glimpse of this life in our "petite Nice" when they rent in this very delightful town. It's big enough to give you all the services and activities you need but small enough to be friendly.
If you really want to relax. Don't rush all over going from country or town to town, pick a town and explore the area, people, wine, food and culture. You'll be glad you did.