This is the place to stay if you want to experience Houston like a local. You're in the heart of midtown: famous for turtle racing at Little Woodrow's, the iconic Bagby Park with the giant Midtown sign with night lights, across from a 24HR CVS, dozens of bars and restaurants!
2-story luxury apartment in the heart of midtown. On Bagby and Gray street intersection. When there's a parade all you have to do is step out onto the balcony to catch it! This is a lively, safe, relatively upscale part of Houston and is centrally located to downtown, midtown, and Montrose. This is a CEO's pied-a-terre in Houston and the place to stay if you want to experience fine dining, a night about town, and no neighbors beside, above, or below you. There is a restaurant called "Cyclone Anayas" on the first floor. It was too loud for the 2nd floor apartment right above it so now that is empty and I have floors 3 and 4 with no neighbors below to complain about noise on the beautiful aged red oak hardwood floor. Enjoy!
Accès des voyageurs
3rd floor entrance:
• Kitchen (fridge, microwave, oven, cooktop, dishwasher)
• washer / dryer in laundry room (first door on right)
• bathroom with toilet and sink (second door on right)
• living room
• office desk
• soft leather couch
• sheepskin throw
• large wingtip reading chair and ottoman
•sweeping street corner city views! Step out onto either of two balconies to experience midtown and gorgeous city views
• bedroom with queen size bed (fits 2)
• bathroom with tub, shower, toilet, sink
• floor to ceiling windows in bedroom with picture-like Bagby park (with iconic giant "Midtown" sign), Kirby Mansion, and skyscraper views
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Never - if this is listed it's because I'm traveling. Make yourself at home!
Dining, Drinks, Entertainment:
• Izakaya has a 3 course lunch for $12.99 (e.g., miso with chanterelle mushrooms, salad, and a breaded chicken wrap)
• Cyclone Anayas has a bottomless mimosa on Sunday's and $5 happy hour margarita from 4-6
• Christians tailgate has $1 taco Tuesday
• The Fish has reverse happy hours and their regular happy hour is outstanding food quality / price
• Komodo bartender Xavier makes the best Moscow mule, Diablo Margarita, and free gourmet tacos on Wednesdays with purchase of a drink (tell him Jessi sent you)
• Front Porch does a crawfish cookout every weekend during crawfish season
• Coco crepes is a must, at least once. Try their muffin / donut. Duffin?
• Minuti has delicious coffee!
• 24 hr CVS across the street from where you are staying
• There is usually a $10 Russo's 1-topping large pizza coupon pinned right by the front door. Take one, or call Russo's and order ahead and mention the coupon.
• The Texas A&M crowd usually gathers at Republic one block down if there's a football game.
• Walk 2 blocks to Shot Bar, Red Door, Drinkery, Sage, and Dogwood
• Walk 4 blocks to Irish Cowboy (used to be Celtic)
• Every Thursday if the weather is warm: watching and betting at the turtle races at Little Woodrow's is a local tradition. Just don't bet on the James Franco turtle, the owners don't seem to like that turtle/Franco. Insider tip: the itty bitty turtles often get stage fright and refuse to move until the last minute when they make a dash for it and potentially upstage the larger "slow and steady" turtles. This is real stuff that happens here.
**No smoking inside.** On balconies is fine, just close the door behind you so smell doesn't come in.
**Turn AC to 80 when you check out, if you remember.**
Cet hôte a 9 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires