À propos de ce logement
I welcome you to come stay in my cozy house! Your room faces the back of the house, adding serenity to an already quiet block. UPenn, Center City, the Art Museum, and South Philly are within walking distance. Popular restaurants are very close! Breakfast, coffee, and tea are included.
Your room is quiet and cozy, as it faces the back of the house on an already quiet block! There is a closet with hangers for you to use (I also store coats and linens in there), a chair, and a small dresser next to the bed.
The bathroom, which you'll share with me, is large with a full tub and shower, pedestal sink, and a toilet.
Like all Philly rowhouses, there are stairs in my house to get to the second floor.
Accès des voyageurs
While you're here, you're free to use all parts of the house with the exception of my room.
Breakfast is included for guests who are here for two weeks or less. Breakfast items change depending on availability, but you can expect waffles (in the freezer), oatmeal (you must make it on the stove), fruit (apples, bananas), orange juice, coffee, and tea. There is a special shelf in the fridge just for you, and you are welcome to eat any items on that shelf (the middle shelf). Youu are welcome to use any dishes, utensils, and cookware while you're here. **Please note that I do not have a microwave.** You can reheat food on the stove or in the toaster oven, and there is a kettle for boiling water.
The backyard is a great place to relax with some citronella candles in the evening in the summer, and I have a small charcoal grill that you can use.
You're welcome to hang out in the living room and watch tv (I have Roku 3 with Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc.) or relax.
The washer/dryer is free and located in the basement.
By booking, you are agreeing to the use of the home and appliances at your own risk.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I love helping people discover Philadelphia! I'd be happy to recommend places for you to visit, or even accompany you if I have time and you want me to join. Your room is very private and I also appreciate alone time, so how much we interact is completely up to you!
Please note that breakfast is not included for long-term guests (guests staying over two weeks).
***MEN*** - If you have no reviews and do not have a verified ID, I will not accept your request to stay. Women and couples are preferred.
***I do NOT accept requests from men, regardless of reviews and verified ID, for long-term stays (stays over approximately 7 days). ***
- You MUST LOCK the door at all times. There are detailed instructions about how to lock the door on the inside of the door.
- Turn off all lights and appliances when you leave or if they are not in use.
- Please be careful on the stairs! They can be slippery.
- Guests are NOT permitted to have visitors without prior approval from me. Guests are NEVER permitted to have overnight visitors.
- My house is generally very quiet. Please be respectful of noise levels, including conversations, tv, etc. after 10:30pm on weeknights.
- My air conditioning unit is old and does not successfully cool the house below 72 degrees (womp).
- Please DO NOT set the thermostat below 72, or the unit will run constantly and overheat. It is very expensive to repair and it's hard to get a repair person in the summertime.
- If you lower the thermostat to 72, you MUST raise it to at least 76 (or higher) or turn the air conditioner OFF when you leave the house.
- There is a fan in the room to help, and I try to keep the humidity down with several dehumidifiers in the house. Please let me know if you'd like a second fan!
- My check-in/check-out policy is very flexible, but please communicate expected check-in/check-out times. This is very important so that I can coordinate with other guests.
- The room will be ready for you by 7pm at the latest (generally much earlier on weekends). You are welcome to leave your bags and hang out in the common areas before your room is ready. If you'd like your room ready earlier than 7pm, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you!
- While I don't have a specific check-out time, please try to clear the room and bathroom by 1pm (this is in case I need to prepare the room on my lunch break). If you need the room and bathroom longer than that, please let me know and we can discuss.
- ***Please note that I do not have a microwave.*** I heat everything on the gas stove or in the toaster oven.
- You're welcome to use the kitchen and any utensils, cookware, and condiments while you're here. I don't have a dishwasher, so please do your dishes and clean up throughout your stay.
- Please keep the kitchen tidy.
- There is only one bathroom and it is shared with me.
- Please avoid taking excessively long showers. I do my best to be courteous regarding bathroom time and I request that guests do the same.
- You are free to use toiletries that are in plain view, in addition to the hair dryer and the steamer (in the bathroom closet). If you've forgotten something, please let me know and I will do my best to supply it for you.
- Please let me know your morning schedule at check-in or before going to bed so we can coordinate.
- I don't have any pets, but you're welcome to bring yours!
- I have several houseplants that may be toxic to pets and that could be within your pet's reach. I'm happy to move them if it could be a problem.
- Please check with me before bringing your pet.
- Please do not let your pet into the garden. Dogs should be taken out the front of the house. I have bags for disposal if you need to clean up after your pet.
- You will be responsible for any property your pet destroys.
- I'm a non-smoker, so please don't smoke inside. If you smoke in the back yard, please make sure the sliding glass door is closed before you light up. Please put your cigarette butts in the bucket provided.
- Please be respectful of my neighbors and do not play loud music or have loud conversations after 10pm.
- Please do not pick vegetables or flowers without checking with me first.
SAME DAY BOOKINGS:
- I will do my best to accommodate same-day bookings. That said, if you are booking same day, you might have to wait a bit (until 6 or 7pm, depending on my schedule) before your room is ready, but you are welcome to use the common spaces while you wait.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 5 jours avant votre voyage, vous recevez un remboursement intégral, frais de service compris.
Hi, I'm Hannah! I'm originally from Ohio, but I've been in Philadelphia since 2013. I taught English in Daegu, Korea for several years before landing in Philly. I love walking around the city, and my house is in a great location for doing just that! I love traveling, motorcycles, plants (my house if full of them), and cooking for friends.
As a guest, I love meeting my hosts and getting to know them a bit, but I also like to go out exploring and have some quiet time, too. As a host, I'm happy to get to know my guests and offer info about Philadelphia, but I like to give my guests space and privacy. I'm currently studying to become an EMT, so I often stay in my room to study.