Experience La Jolla at its best in this quiet, comfortable home in family-friendly Bird Rock. It's a short walk through beautiful neighborhoods to beaches or restaurants, coffee shops, and more. Or just hang out by the pool and spa or on the private ocean-view deck.
This is the perfect private retreat for a group of friends or a family gathering. It's close to the broad, beautiful beaches, restaurants, cultural attractions and vibrant night life of La Jolla, Pacific Beach and Mission Beach.
This home offers the perfect combination of indoor-outdoor living. The living room and family room open up through french doors to a spacious, private ocean-view deck and pool and spa. Tasteful decor and luxury bedding complement the living areas and bedrooms.
It's walking distance to the restaurants and shops of the quaint Bird Rock district, famous La Jolla beaches like Windansea, and a short distance to beaches in Pacific Beach, Mission Beach and Mission Bay.
Accès des voyageurs
Enjoy the entire house, deck, pool and spa.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We may or may not be in town during your stay, but will be available 24/7 via phone or text.
The house is open to a 40-foot pool and spa, so it's not recommended if you have young children who are not water-safe. Spa heating is included in the rental agreement, but pool heating is not. Pool heating is available for an additional $10-$25 per day, depending on time of year. Typically, the thermal cover that's on the pool is adequate to heat it to a comfortable swim temperature of ~82 degrees from June through September.
Please read all house rules, terms and conditions before booking. By booking, you agree to all of the terms, conditions and rules published below.
This is a quiet, family neighborhood of single family homes, so ABSOLUTELY NO EVENTS, LOUD PARTIES OR LARGE GATHERINGS. OUTDOOR QUIET TIME IS FROM 9 P.M. TO 8 A.M. No pets and no smoking. This home is not suitable for small children who are not pool safe.
RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The guest agrees to read and comply with the terms of this agreement and ensure that all other occupants also comply with these terms. As consideration for the booking and use of this property during the rental term, the guest agrees to pay for all items specified.
1. RESPONSIBLE PARTY: The guest who books the vacation rental must be an adult at least 25 years of age and will occupy the property during the entire rental period. Upon the owner’s request, the guest and/or all occupants must present copies of valid, government-issued identification such as driver’s license or passport. The guest assumes responsibility for the actions of all other occupants and guests in their party. Any reservation that is obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of any payments or deposits and the party will not be permitted to occupy the property. The guest agrees to comply with all posted homeowner rules and regulations..
2. CANCELLATION: Please refer to Airbnb`s cancellation policy.
3. TERMINATION: The owner reserves the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the guest or any of his/her party violate any of the terms and conditions, owner may impose fines up to three (3) times the rental amount, and may terminate the guest’s occupancy with no refund of rent or security deposit, and the guest shall waive all rights to due process for failure to vacate the premises upon termination. The guest is notified that all individuals occupying the home will be subject to immediate eviction procedures under California law. The owner or his agent may enter the premises and remove the guest, the members of the guest`s party, and their belongings. Noise disturbances or use of the home for any unlawful purpose including, but not limited to the possession, serving, or consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons less than 21 years of age; the buying, selling or use of illegal drugs; house parties or use of the home in a manner contrary to the provisions of this agreement, are prohibited. In the event of noise complaints, over occupancy or violations of this contract, or if law enforcement is dispatched to the home due to disturbances or illegal activity, the guest and all occupants will be subject to immediate eviction and no refunds will be given.
4. RENTS AND PAYMENT: In accordance with Airbnb policy, all payment is collected at the time of booking. The guest assumes all liability for any disputed or charge-back amounts. Rental rates are subject to change, and no refunds are given in the event advertised rental rates are reduced. If any discrepancy occurs between information or rates quoted verbally, on the website, email or other means of communication, the rate on the reservation will prevail.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT / DAMAGE PROTECTION: Please refer to Airbnb`s security deposit policy.
6. CHECK IN: Check in time is 3:00 PM. Early check-in is allowed only with prior written approval by the owner. Keys or entry code will be provided a minimum of four days in advance of the start of the reservation. If for any reason the home is not ready for check-in, the guest will be notified as far in advance as possible. Please do not attempt to check-in or visit the home prior to check-in time. Please notify owner by text or a phone call upon arrival.
7. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 12 noon on your scheduled day of departure. There is no holding over. Cleaning and maintenance are scheduled in advance. The guest must obtain the owner’s written approval for late check-out before the guest arrives for the reservation. The guest will be charged a fee of $50 for each hour (or portion thereof) past the required check out time and and the guest will be liable for any additional damages incurred, but not limited to the cost of supplying alternative accommodations for arriving guests.
8. CHECK OUT / CLEANING PROCEDURES: The property will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned prior to each guest’s arrival and after their departure. The guest is required to leave the property in the same general condition as it was at check-in, including:
•Any debris, rubbish and discards removed from the home
•Dishes and cooking messes cleaned up
•Replace any furniture or items that have been rearranged (inside and outside home)
•All remote controls left in their original locations
•Refrigerator and home shall be left clean and free of perishable food.
•The BBQ grates shall be cleaned with the brush provided.
•Turn-off lights, fans, appliances, etc.
•Ensure all doors and windows are closed and locked.
•Leave keys on the kitchen counter.
The cleaning fee is for a standard cleaning only. If checkout procedures are not followed and additional cleaning is required, fees will be charged against the guest’s damage deposit at the rate of $50 per hour. A $25 fee will be charged for each lost key, and $75 for each remote control missing after check out.
9. OCCUPANCY: The guest understands and agrees that the property shall be occupied by no more than the number of individuals (including children and infants) indicated on the reservation, and in no case will exceed 8 occupants, and day/evening guests are limited to 4 persons. The owner will impose a charge of up to $200 per day per person for excess occupancy. All day/evening guests must vacate the premises by 10:00 p.m. Should the guest wish to entertain or have more than 4 guests; the guest must obtain approval by the owner in writing in advance of the start of the reservation.
10. AMENITIES: The property is fully furnished, and includes ready-made beds, 1 set of bath towels per guest, and an equipped kitchen. Furnishings and amenities are not new and may exhibit signs of wear and tear. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change, and may or may not be the exact same as represented due to replacement, substitution or other reasons. The owner provides a starter kit which includes toiletry items, soaps, dish detergent, shampoo, toilet paper, paper towels, and other items. While a limited supply is provided, the guest should plan to shop to replenish these items if necessary. The owner assumes no responsibility for the quality or contents of any food products left on the premises, and the guests use and/or consumption of these is not recommended and shall be at the guest`s own risk(s). Towels (except beach towels) and linens are not to be taken from the home.
11. GUEST CONDUCT: The guest agrees to ensure all occupants comply with the terms of this agreement and shall not create noise or disturbances that interfere with the surrounding neighbors' quiet enjoyment of their property. Outdoor noise, or noise carrying outside from inside the home should be kept to a minimum and respectful level regardless of the hour. Quiet hour begins at 9:00 p.m. in compliance with the local San Diego Noise Ordinance. Use of the pool and spa is limited to hours between 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
12. GUEST`S NOTIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES: The guest shall notify the owner upon arrival at the home. The guest agrees to inspect the home, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, fixtures and landscaping, if any, and shall immediately report to owner if any are not in operating condition, damaged or in disrepair. The guest also agrees to immediately notify the owner of any occurrences that may cause damage to the home and to take reasonable measures to mitigate damage or be responsible for damages for failure to do so. The owner will not be held responsible for any cleaning concerns not communicated upon arrival. The guest must report to the owner any damages, breakage, lost or missing items on the premises upon discovery and prior to check out.
13. SMOKING: No smoking is allowed on the premises. If smoking does occur on the premises, the guest may be evicted and is responsible for all damage and clean up caused by the smoking including, but not limited to, stains, burns, and odor remediation.
14. PETS: Pets are strictly prohibited in the home. If an unauthorized pet is found on the premises, the guest may and/or pet may be evicted and the guest is responsible for any and all damage and remediation caused by pet(s), including pet allergen remediation, flea remediation and reimbursement to owner for any refunds necessary to compensate affected future occupants.
15. TV/CABLE/INTERNET/SATELLITE: Television(s)/Cable/internet/satellite services are provided as a convenience only, and are not integral to this agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access issues, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to service.
16. AIR CONDITIONING / HEATING: This property is not equipped with air conditioning. There is central heating for the winter months.
17. POOL AND SPA: Spa heating is included in the rental rate. Pool heating is an additional fee and must be agreed to in advance and paid for at the time of booking . The guest agrees not to tamper with pool heat controls and will be liable for additional utility costs for unauthorized pool heating. The guest understands that the area surrounding pool and spa are not fenced or secure. The guest will be liable for any damages that occur to the pool and spa and its support equipment through misuse and/or negligence.
18. SYSTEM(S) / FURNISHING / AMENITY FAILURES: In the event the home sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, ventilating, pool, hot tub or other system or structural systems, furnishings or amenities, the owner will make every reasonable effort to repair or replace the failed system or equipment as quickly as possible, and in such event, the guest agrees to permit the owner or his service provider to have reasonable access to the property to inspect and make such repairs. No refunds will be given for such failures.
19. PARKING: The guest shall limit parking to two vehicles, and shall park in the driveway and not on the street in front of the property. Parking is at the guest’s own risk.
20. TELEPHONES: The guest acknowledges that there is no land line telephone service in the home. If the guest should need to call 911 for Emergency Assistance, he/she must do so on their own wireless phone. The guest further acknowledges their understanding that wireless phones are not associated with one fixed location or address, and that while the location of the cell site closest to the 911 caller may provide a general indication of the caller's location, that information is not always specific enough for rescue personnel to deliver assistance to the caller quickly. The guest is advised to comply with the following FCC guidelines on 911 Emergency Service Calls from wireless phones:
Tips for 911 calling from wireless phones
Consumers making a 911 call from a wireless phone should remember the following:
- Immediately tell the emergency operator the location of the emergency.
- Provide the emergency operator with your wireless phone number, so if the call gets disconnected, the emergency operator can call you back.
Additional information regarding 911 Emergency Service calls from wireless phones is at the FCC website
21. SECURITY: The guest shall ensure their own security and the property’s security by locking doors, windows and gates, etc. when it’s prudent to do so and always when all guests are absent or the property is vacated.
22. NEW LOCKS OR ALTERATIONS: The guest shall not make (or permit to be made) any alterations to the home, or change or add any lock without the prior consent of the owner.
23. LOST ITEMS: The owner shall bear no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. The owner shall make every reasonable effort to contact the guest to return items left behind. The guest agrees to pay shipping costs for any found items returned at the guest`s request. The owner shall not be held liable for condition of said items. Any items not claimed for longer than 30 days may be donated or sold.
24. NOISE TRANSMISSION: The guest is aware that the home is in a residential neighborhood and may be subject to noise from nearby residences, home and landscape maintenance and construction, businesses, traffic, overflying aircraft, etc.
25. OWNER’S PROPERTY: The guest shall not access any of the the owner's storage areas, whether locked or unlocked, which contain owner’s personal property and may contain cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults. These areas include but are not limited to the garage, all locked cabinets, drawers, closets and other locked spaces, and any spaces clearly marked for access exclusively by the owner.
26. FIRE EXTINGUISHER: The home is equipped with a minimum of one (1) fire extinguisher, located under the kitchen sink. It is guest’s responsibility to locate the fire extinguisher, notify all other occupants and guests of the location, and to inform the owner immediately should the fire extinguisher be missing, or be less or become less than fully charged.
27. SMOKE DETECTORS/ CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR: The Property is equipped with smoke detectors and a carbon monoxide detector. The guest will not tamper or disable smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and agrees to notify the owner without delay if detectors are missing, uninstalled, "chirps" or otherwise indicate low battery condition.
28. GARBAGE: The guest shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the exterior trash bins provided for pickup. Garbage collection day is Monday. If the guest’s stay includes a Sunday night, the guest shall roll the black trash bin to the front curb by 10 a.m. Monday morning for regularly-scheduled weekly trash pickup. The guest is cautioned not to leave trash outside overnight because it attracts pests.
29. SUBLEASING: The guest shall not sublet the property.
30. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: The guest expressly acknowledges and agrees that this agreement is for transient occupancy of the property, and that the guest does not intend to make the property a residence or household.
31. RESERVATION TRANSFERS: Should the guest wish to transfer the reservation to an alternate person, the owner must approve that person, and the alternate person must agree in writing to all terms and conditions of the rental.
32. WAIVER OF LIABILITY: The guest waives owner for all liability for spa, pool, decks, railings, etc., herein referred to as Special Features. It is the guest`s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around Special Features. The guest understands that the area surrounding Special Features is not fenced or secure, and there are special risks that may be involved for anyone, in particular children who are not carefully supervised, person(s) intoxicated, on any kinds of drugs or medication, with health risks, or if pregnant. The guest agrees to explain the risks of the presence and use of Special Feature to all persons in the guest’s party at the property. The guest agrees to instruct all guests on the premises to not access any off-limit, or unsafe sections of the property, including roof-tops. The guest agrees to assume all responsibility for the guest and other occupants, for the consequences of those risks and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents that may occur. The guest agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against property owner or for accidents or claims.
33. UNFORESEEN OCCURRENCES: The owner does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by but not limited to the following: weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction, acts of God, or other reasons beyond the owner’s control. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies, inclement weather, or any other reasons.
34. HOLD HARMLESS: The guest and all occupants shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the property owner against any and all claims of personal injury, property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. The guest also expressly recognizes that any insurance for property damage or loss which the owner may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of guests or their parties, and that the guest should purchase their own insurance if such coverage is desired.
35. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: by booking this reservation, the guest, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges the owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which may have occurred to the guest, or any of his/her occupants or guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold the owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
36. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing by the owner in advance.
37. DISPUTES: Any disputes under this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Any action relating to this Agreement shall be filed only in the San Diego County court in California in which county the home is located. Both parties consent to the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of such court. The guest agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney’s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by owner enforcing this agreement.
Easygoing. Friendly. Happily married with two grown children. Love to travel, cook and write. Favorite destinations include South Africa, Brazil, Cambodia and Nicaragua. I'll stop doing anything to watch Groundhog Day or a Denver Broncos game.
Life is better when you treat everyone with common human decency.