I was traveling alone and stayed in this room for one night. I expected the room's small size, and the shared bathroom, so those were totally fine. However, there were several things that made me quite uncomfortable.
- Decent location. Not walkable to city center, but an easy bike or train ride. I rented a bike nearby for 10 euros per day.
- Cute cat!
- Giuseppe is very nice/helpful, as is his girlfriend.
- Bed is comfortable.
- 420 friendly.
- The door to the room is made of clear glass. There's a transparent Amsterdam flag hanging over part of it, but you can clearly see inside. The room is so small, it's all visible through this clear door, which faces a couch in the main living space.
- I love the cat, Didi, but I'm allergic. He was affectionate and clawed at my door in the morning (he could see me in there!), and got fur on my stuff.
- There is a man staying there in another bedroom, which is fine. The problem is that his bedroom is only accessible through the bathroom, and the walls are thin. Showering was awkward because I had to lock him in there, and he could hear every water drop while I showered. This would have creeped me out less if he were a fellow rental guest, but he was a friend of the host renting long-term.
- Less annoying to me but might bother others: the place reeks of weed (there is fresh smoke around pretty early), and the towels were really scratchy. They didn't smell mildewy though.
All this would've been tolerable of the price were lower. I got another Airbnb in Amsterdam on another night that was much cheaper and nicer.