One of the very few totally independent houses in this regio. The artistic furnitured house is not part of a complex. You don’t have to share anything with other guests. The house, terraces, garden, olive orchard, swimmingpool, everyting is privat. Panoramic view. There are two bedrooms, bathroom and shower, living with piano and a cosy kitchen. Optional: room in basement with bathroom. Perfect position halfway Florence and Siena. Ideal for sabbaticals, walking, quietness, art and gastronomy.
Completely independent house with two bedrooms, bathroom and shower space, living room with piano and a cosy kitchen. Optional for rent for 50€: big space with 4 beds and bathroom in the basement. The house is a former hay barn with splendid panoramic views on the Tuscan vineyards. Central position between Florence and Siena (30-50 km). Ideal starting point for people who like me are passionate about nature, culture, gastronomic, walking and cycling.
The total renovation was in Tuscan style with heavy chestnut rafters and ‘cotto’ tiles on the ceilings. There are also modern and artistic details like a steel cutwork stair handrail and red and gold mosaic in the bathrooms.
The cosy bedrooms (two, 10 square meters each) are on the first floor. Both rooms are connected by a little balcony. The bathroom is equipped with a very comfortable shower with gold mosaic. (My private room is closed and is not heated/cooled.)
Downstairs is a big living room with a piano and a stove. On the other side of the house is the beautiful kitchen.
In the basement there's a washing-machine. Here you'll also find the optional extra space with a dome window and a double bed, a (2p.) sofa and a cot and a bathroom.
Accès des voyageurs
You have two bedrooms with bathroom on the first floor. (The third one is my private room and remains closed) Downstairs are the living room and kitchen and shower. There are several terraces with tables and seats. On the biggest terrace is shade by a party tent and a bbq. Around the house is a big terrain with olive trees. In the basement there's a washing machine and (if rented extra) the bathroom and room in the basement.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I won’t be there if you rent the whole house. Only for the check-in, but that might be done by another person, who will substitute me.
The minimum period during the winter is one month (April until March incl.).
The costs are inclusive water, gas and electricity. Geothermic cooling and heating is incl. but I expect you to close the outside doors and windows during the day carefully as electricity is very expensive in Italy!
Please read all the house rules in advance as they will make part of the agreement:
This is not just a house for holidays with ‘poor’ furniture and a ‘cold’ atmosphere. On the contrary, it is a beautiful house, which is also my own house when I keep my B&B and you will find a lot a artistic details. I hope you will appreciate them, feel the warmth of them and take care for them.
When you come you need to know how to use the house. So in the house you will find a booklet on the table in the hall, with more detailed instructions. And of course you can always ask by writing me.
Please read the house rules carefully as you subscribe them by booking my place:
1. What you rent is: the two bedrooms and one bathroom on the first floor and the use of the kitchen and the living area and toilet/shower on the ground floor. One bedroom is furnished with two single beds (or a Queen bed), writing desk, chairs, cabinet, and the other (bed)room with a sofa/double bed, wardrobe, writing table, armchair and chairs. The ground floor is furnished with a fully equipped kitchen with ILVE stove, fridge/freezer, dresser, table and chairs, and the living with a sofa, armchair, grand piano, table with chairs, library, TV, DVD player. To sit outside there are tables and chairs (under the oak and on the terrace at the back or under the stairs to the basement), and a bench.
The use of the swimming pool is included during the summer period and is for the exclusive use of the renter. There are no other guests, the house is totally independent and not part of a complex.
EXTRA for rent: use of the basement room (with bed and sofa and cot) and bathroom. The € 50 for the basement can be paid by a special offer.
2. RENT includes both bedrooms, living room, kitchen, sheets, towels, bathrobe and tourist tax and gas, water and electricity.
3. CHILDREN are welcome, but especially for the use of the swimming pool, you are responsible for them.
4. SWIMMINGPOOL. Please note that using the stone stairs down the hill and accessing the swimming pool and/or the parking area is entirely at your own risk. If you have children, they should only go down the stone stairs to the swimming pool area accompanied by an adult person.
5. COOLING: The house is on a hill and therefore normally, during hot summertime, there is always a refreshing breeze. If the geothermic cooling is switched on, mind the electricity costs.
6. RESPONSIBILITY: The renter takes full responsibility of all possible risks that can derive from the use of the house, garden and swimming pool either for him/herself or others who have the possibility to use the house. The landlord is explicitly exempt from any responsibility for direct and indirect damage to the renter and his/her whole group. The landlord is also not responsible for interruption of services for which he cannot be blamed.
7. ANIMALS: are welcome, for example a dog, but we should discuss it in advance.
8. SMOKERS are welcome if they smoke outside, but please don't throw cigarette butts into the garden.
1. Animals are welcome, for example a dog, but we should discuss it in advance. In the house lives a very sweet female dog, liberated from a shelter.
2. Smokers are welcome if they smoke outside.
3. Children are welcome, but especially for the use (for free) of the swimming pool, you are responsible.
Please note that using the stone stairs down the hill and accessing the swimming pool and/or the parking area is entirely at your own risk.
Using the swimming pool is entirely at your own risk. If you have children, watch them continuously. The basin is above the ground, so very little children can't get in easily by themselves. However, they shouldn't go down the stone stairs to the swimming pool area unaccompanied by an adult person.
Put the stairs in the pool back in the upright position after use and lock the safety strip. Lock the gate in front of the stairs in the pool after use.
During your stay you are responsible for all the damages regarding the house or regarding yourself and your family, deriving from any activity undertaken by you and your family in and around the house, for which I don't take any responsibility.
5. Cooling: The house is on a hill and therefore normally during hot summertime, there is always a refreshing breeze. If you really want to use the geothermic cooling, the system is working only well when you keep the windows and doors closed during the day. During the night, to get fresh air, you can open the window (mind you: elect. is incl. up to 200 kw/week, above € 0,35/kw will be charged).
Other house rules you will find at the location.
À partir du 1 novembre 2017 - 31 mars 2018, la durée minimum de séjour est de 30 nuits.
I like to have guests who love the silence of my hill. Who like to walk or to go out to see all the culture. Guests can also stay here to spend a sabbatical period. The places will inspire you! In "Casetta", the house on the hill, musicians can prepare their concerts as there is a piano in the living. The apartment in Fiano has an antique oven in the kitchen.
I am Dutch and was working as a lawyer and researcher in the Netherlands. I started to work in Italy as well in 1994. I worked here as a touroperator and group-leader during trekking holidays in Italy. Now I have during summer this B&B and give Italian lessons in Holland and Italy as graduated teacher collaborating with Italstudio in the Netherlands. I love the Italian atmosphere, Italian food, living outside. I know the nice places in the neighbourhood which you can visit, where you can walk or where you can bike. I love music, have a grand piano which musicians can also use and I can give you advice about trips and concerts. I collaborate with Italian friends to make your stay even more Italian. Sometimes we cook nice Italian dishes for my guests... The nicest thing for me is to make people feel at home in my house on the hill at Lucardo and in the apartment at Fiano.