Welcome to our hostel! We provide a comfy double room with shared bathroom and kitchen facilities.
We are located about seven minutes uphill from the very centre of town.
Built in the late 1800s and added to with much taste over the centuries, the impressive bluestone building once named "Rockmount" is now home to Dunedin's top-rated backpacker hostel featuring 17 comfortable guest rooms not only for the weary traveler, but also for visitors to the Otago University, cyclists of the Otago Rail Trail or even business people who prefer the sociable, relaxed environment of a backpacker hostel to a sterile hotel room.
Accès des voyageurs
The facilities at Hogwartz are numerous. The following list is by no means exhaustive, but there are some added extras you can expect at our hostel:
- activity bookings and local knowledge
- Zenbu wireless broadband - 500MB per person per night complementary
- coin-operated computer at $1 per 15min with fibre speed internet (incl. CD/DVD burner, card reader)
- extra desk space for work on your own computer
- courtesy local phone, and Telecom card phone
- laundry service (wash and dry for $8/load)
- towel hire (free of charge)
- hair dryers
- in-tune piano + guitar
- reading loft
- book exchange, puzzles and games
- log fire
- separate TV lounge and extensive DVD library (for loan)
- large sun deck
- city and harbor views
- full kitchen facilities (incl. freezer, BBQ outside)
- extensive rubbish recycling
- luggage storage
- bicycle storage