Our clean, modern, air-conditioned unit has everything you need & is entirely yours to enjoy. Ideal for couples, singles or families visiting or relocating to Brisbane. 24hr check-in. 5km to CBD & close to bus & train. Free phone, internet, netflix and parking.
This unit is an ideal place to stay in Brisbane for travel, work...and the perfect base to start your new life if you are relocating.
The standard nightly rate is reduced for bookings of 7 nights or longer and reduced again for 28 nights or longer. Longer stays of 6 months or more are most welcome. Check out the Airbnb site for information on long stays - it's great! Pay by the month and you can automatically change your booking with 30 days notice.
I'd love to hear from you, so contact me if you have any questions that are not answered below....
• 24 hour check-in with well lit stairwell at night. Keyless, digital entry.
• 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom with bath/shower. Separate toilet.
• Free Wireless internet, netflix and free telephone to local, interstate and mobile phone numbers - mobile phone and internet signals are also good in this location.
• Master bedroom with comfortable queen bed, fresh linen, and well-designed inbuilt wardrobe with plenty of hangers (including skirt and trouser hangers) and drawers.
• 2nd bedroom/study is a compact 3m x 2.5m and, with the standard set up, has a desk and free standing wardrobe.
• For families of 3, or two adults requiring separate beds, a single bed with a comfortable full-size quality mattress can be added to the second bedroom.
• We can accommodate young children. If you have a baby or toddler, we can provide a portacot with linen, baby bath with stand, and high chair.
• Please include children in the "number of guests" when booking.
• If required, the extra bed (either bed or portacot) for the second bedroom must be requested for the duration of your stay when you book. The unit is setup as you request for your entire stay.
• Reverse cycle air conditioner in the main living area cools or warms the entire unit (if the bedroom doors are left open). The unit is also fully screened (so no bugs flying in) with a small balcony, and overhead fans in the bedrooms. We can also add a small oil heater to the main bed in winter.
• Modern kitchen with large full-size fridge, microwave oven, cook-top and oven, dishwasher, rice-cooker, toaster and kettle - everything you need to prepare meals. There are also some basic provisions such as milk, tea, coffee, Milo, soup, baked beans, spices, butter, oil, sugar, honey and other breakfast spreads to get you started.
• Modern washing machine and dryer. Laundry powder provided. There is also a clothes airer available in the unit and a clothes line available at the back of the units.
• Iron and ironing board.
• Modern, clean bathroom with the shower over bath. Hairdryer provided along with towels, shampoo, conditioner, shower wash, soaps, and other basics.
• HD LCD flat screen TV and Disc player (Blu-ray, DVD, CD) with Netflix, 2-seater leather sofa. Enjoy great movies, documentaries and TV shows via Netflix during your stay (the parental control PIN is included in the house manual, available when you book).
• Polished Bamboo wooden flooring throughout. Easy to clean! Cleaning equipment and supplies available, helpful if you are here for a long stay.
• The unit is compact, but it doesn't feel cramped. It is very well designed, light, comfortable and clean.
• The unit is on Richmond Road which can be busy. We have added superior sound insulation to the windows and ceiling to create a peaceful retreat.
• Single, remote-controlled, lock-up garage can accommodate vehicles up to 5.2 metres in length and 2.2 metres in height.
• Garage has an additional attached secure room with window, sink, clothes dryer and shelving for extra storage - perfect to store suitcases, golf clubs, etc.
After the first week, supplies are up to you, and most people are happy to look after themselves. Please leave any unused consumables for the next guest. By prior arrangement, I can arrange a service of fresh towels and linen and a quick tidy up for an extra cost if you don't want to be self-sufficient. For long stays of several months, a monthly clean is included in the cost.
This unit is a genuine "entire home". The wardrobes are not filled with my clothes - they are empty and ready for yours. This unit is not a 'granny flat' or a 'converted space'. So move in and really feel at home.
Accès des voyageurs
Enjoy the entire 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom unit to yourselves. We do not live onsite. The unit is on the top (first) level up one flight of stairs. Positioned at the front of a small complex of only 5 units (most owner-occupied) there are no units above or below you. The unit complex is nothing grand from the outside, but it is neat and clean and in a great location.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We respect your privacy and leave you to enjoy the unit to yourselves. We don't live on-site so all cupboards and hanging space are ready for your belongings. The unit's digital front door lock means you can self-check in any time of the day or night. Arrangements for your access code will be made when your arrival details are confirmed. We can be contacted by email or phone if you need assistance.
We wish all our guests an enjoyable stay in Brisbane. We don't live on-site and are a 15 minute drive away. Your neighbours in the block of flats are great - friendly and helpful. Feel free to say "Hi" if you see them around the units.
This is a non-smoking unit. Strictly no smoking anywhere in the unit, balcony or garage areas.
Please ensure your booking shows the correct number of guests, including children. The unit is for the use of booked guests only - No additional persons are permitted to stay in the unit other than the number of guests in your booking. The second bedroom is configured for your entire stay as requested at the time of booking (as a study for singles or couples; or if an an additional guest is booked we will set up the single bed or the portacot).
No pets, parties or excessive noise. This is a small complex of 5 units - all other units are homes for their owners. Please respect the unit and your neighbours.
I enjoy travelling both within Australia and overseas for work and for fun - to explore both nature and cultures. I love my gorgeous husband Rod, music, food, gardening, adventure and laughter. More recently, Rod and I have added ceroc modern jive dancing to our list of favourite activities.
I appreciate the simple things when travelling like warm showers, cosy beds and a beautiful meal...even if it is modest and at the end of a long day travelling.
My unit at Morningside is great for both short and longer stays. I bought the unit in 2007 and completely renovated the interior, pulling up old carpet and lino and ripping out the old kitchen and bathroom. I enjoyed living in my newly created unit for several years and loved it. I have maintained the unit for guests so that it has everything you need for a home away from home. Long term stays are welcome and perfect for those who are relocating to Brisbane and need somewhere to launch your new life.