We were very disappointed when we first moved into this room. It did not come close to meeting the standard of the places we have stayed at on Airbnb. I usually do not write bad reviews, but I feel it is important for other guests to know what they can expect here.
1) This room DOES NOT come with its own bathroom and is NOT a suite. You will be sharing the bathroom with two other rooms and random roommates. The house alone has 5 rooms rented out. I'm sure one of the rooms is a suite but the others aren't.
2) The carpet, bed sheets, bathroom and kitchen were all dirty and was not cleaned up by the owner from previous guests using it. We had to vacuum the carpet, wash the bed sheets and clean the bathroom ourselves before we were comfortable enough to stay there for the 2 weeks. The kitchen counters, fridge and microwave were all dirty and greasy from food residual and bags full of trash were strewn along one wall of the kitchen. It was not clean like the pictures depicted. Suffice it to stay, we kept away from the kitchen.
3) There was an incident with one of the roommates downstairs losing her wallet and stating someone stole it from on top of her bed. Ivy barged into our room and wanted us to let the girl check our belongings which we gladly allowed. A knock on the door first would have been nice though. I suggested to Ivy that the rooms should all have their own door locks with a key or code for the guests' protection. It seems this is not the first time something has been stolen from the rooms.
4) There were no towels for us to use. Even after I requested for one towel, she did not get us one.
5) We stayed when the temperature dropped in the low 30's at night and the room was freezing. Ivy did not turn on the heater so we had to go buy our own space heater to warm up the room after enduring for three miserable nights.
On the plus side, Ivy was good about allowing us to use the washer and dryer when needed and coming home late at night due to my work schedule. We were also free to use the kitchen to cook anytime as needed. Overall, Ivy was nice and laid-back but the place needs a good cleaning. This place is definitely bare-minimum. If you need a place to rest your head, are willing to clean up the room/bathroom and sharing it with multiple random strangers, and are not worried about your valuables getting stolen, this place is doable. If these issues raise concern for you, I would stay away.