Set on a ridge facing Mt. Hood, our house has a magnificent view. It is positioned between the towns of Hood River and Mt. Hood, making it ideal for hikers, bikers, wind surfers, and skiers alike! The rental space is a private apartment over our garage and has its own entrance.
The rental space is a self contained set of private rooms above our garage. It includes a standard sized bedroom, a nice living room area, and dedicated full bathroom. Each room has independent heating/cooling.
We also seperately list this space as a 4 person apartment, which opens the second bedroom up if that suits you.
Accès des voyageurs
We are off a major highway and up a 1/2mi. gravel road.
Two paved parking spots available, on the right side of our driveway.
Additional parking or storage can be available with arrangements.
Access is via a full flight of stairs only, but it is a private entrance from the parking area.
We can get a lot of snow in a short time during the winter. I will make all attempts to keep the driveway passable for all cars. Even with that, the hilly terrain, studded tires, chains, or 4WD/AWD may be necessary at times in this region. (even DOT required in certain areas)
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I love meeting our guests. I am very open to assist in suggesting food, entertainment, and activity locations/ideas. We are ALWAYS available if you have a need or an emergency.
From our house, it is 12 miles (~18 min.) to get into Hood River, 4.7 miles (~10 min.) to get into Parkdale, and 31 miles (~36 min.) to get into Government Camp. (town at the base of Mt. Hood)
By booking this rental you agree to these house rules:
* Do not engage in illegal activities anywhere on our property. This includes when using the Internet.
* Respect our and our neighbors property and right to privacy/quiet.
* We expect quiet after 10pm.
* No smoking inside the apartment.
* No pets.
* No overnight guests. (only those booked are approved)
* Check out is before 5pm on the last day of your reservation, unless prior arrangements have been made.
* Please help us conserve energy by turning off lights, heaters, small appliances, etc. when not being used.
* You may eat in the room, but dispose of all food and wrappers properly.
* Large garbage and any recycling can be brought down to the driveway receptacles.
* Respect any locked areas and the closed door to our private home.
* If there is an issue with the room or bedroom, please let us know immediately. We work best with guests who are good communicators. If the room needs a light bulb, you'd like an extra pillow, blanket, or fan,... just let us know and we will be glad to make it available to you.
* Enjoy your stay!
The Host shall not be liable and Guest hereby waives all claims against Host for any damage to any property or any injury to any person in or about the Premises by or from any cause whatsoever. Guest shall protect, indemnify and hold the Host entities harmless from and against any and all loss, claims, liability or costs (including court costs and attorney's fees) incurred by reason of (a) any damage to any property or any injury to any person occurring in, on or about the Premises to the extent that such injury or damage shall be caused by or arise from any actual or alleged act, neglect, fault, or omission by or of Guest, its family, invitees, or visitors to meet any standards imposed by any duty with respect to the injury or damage; (b) the conduct or management of any work or thing whatsoever done by the Guest in or about the Premises or from transactions of the Guest concerning the Premises; (c) Guest's failure to comply with any and all governmental laws, ordinances and regulations applicable to the condition or use of the Premises or its occupancy; or (d) any breach or default on the part of Guest in the performance of any covenant or agreement on the part of the Guest to be performed pursuant to this Rental. The provisions of this Article shall survive the termination of this Rental with respect to any claims or liability accruing prior to such termination.
Love to explore, travel, and meet people. Usually by car/hotel but am hoping to add camping in the near future. My favorite hobbies are working on cars and computers.
As we get into hosting guests, I want their stay to be nice place, be convenient, and for them to get the "most" out of their trip. By that I mean, treat them like I would family/friends. Provide them with ideas and suggestions I have found in the area. Kinda like a tour guide that stays home. :-)