Welcome to "Stoweaway," a serene rustic cottage located directly on the shores of the Georgian Bay on the Bruce Peninsula within the lovely hamlet of Dyer’s Bay. The cottage has 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, plus a separate “Bunkie”.
The main floor of the cottage has a full bath, master bedroom, kitchen, bar with stools, dining area, couch and love seat with TV for streaming movies from the internet.
Downstairs, you’ll find a half bath and 2 large bedrooms, both of which have their own sliding door that leads out to another deck and the beach. There is also a rustic outdoor shower at the lower level.
The “Bunkie,” also done in rustic wood, is located just behind the main cottage on the rock-strewn beach and offers a set of bunk beds overlooking Georgian Bay. There are no facilities in the bunkie, but talk about getting lulled to sleep by the waves......awesome!
In the morning, make yourself coffee in the fully equipped kitchen and then meander out to the deck off the kitchen where you can enjoy the sunrise while the call of Loons can frequently be heard and commonly watch them dive for fish right in front of you. Or sit at the kitchen table for the same view. The kitchen also has a breakfast bar for two.
Some of the cottage's rustic charm is by design, due to the property's unique location within an international biosphere reserve. The cottage boasts a beautiful wood interior, which gives the space a very rustic, cozy feel.
The beach on the premises is stone, stone, and more stone - it’s pretty cool too! At night, unwind down at the beach and enjoy a campfire in the fire pit with your companions while listening to the soothing sounds of the water lapping against the shore, or view the vast amount of stars in the sky due to no light pollution.
- Amenities include a fire pit, propane barbeque grill, 2 decks, patio furniture, outdoor shower off basement, ceiling fans, one TV with internet streaming and DVD player, and a fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, freezer, microwave, stove, oven, toaster, coffee maker, electric frying pan, and more.
- Incredible waterfront location on the Georgian Bay with gorgeous bay views from all water side windows
- Easy access to the Bruce Trail, Cabot Head Lighthouse, boat launch facilities, and numerous other eco-tourism attractions and outdoor recreational opportunities!
- Master Bedroom: Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 3: Twin-sized Bed
- "Bunkie" Cottage: 1 set of Twin, 1 set Queen-over-Bunk Beds
- No smoking
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note that bed linens and towels are not provided at this property. Guests must bring their own
- Guests will need to bring their own drinking water, as the tap water at this property is for cleaning or washing purposes only
Accès des voyageurs
The entire property is available to you, however if only one couple are staying we ask that the living space in the lower part of the cottage not be used to help keep it clean.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Our local rental agent will meet you and provide an in person overview of the cottage with you. She also lives very close and can assist with any needs during your stay.
Pack for everything! The weather could be warm, cool, wet or dry all in the course of a day. Proper footwear is a must in this rugged environment, especially on the trail. And always a great idea to bring sun and insect protection if needed. Plan a small day pack with a water bottle and snack. Cell coverage is possible depending on the carrier but spotty at best. Texting seems to work better. Remember to bring drinking water as the cottage water is for washing only as it comes from the Georgian Bay. There is a 5 gallon crock available. Also, remember to bring your bed linens and towels. A great plan would be to bring your groceries with you as the closest grocery store is more than 10k away.
- Call me to discuss your needs regarding house rules. I have some flexibility depending on the specifics.
We love to be outdoors on the 2/3rds of the earth's surface covered with water. Favorite activities include SUP, multihull sailing, kite surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling, you get the idea....
For our YouTube channel to view some of our adventures;
; youtube Jeff Private sailing
Family, faith, fun, fitness, fortitude - our favorite F words And most of all....... Fieny our most awesome neighbor who is the best host you'll ever have for Stoweaway Cottage.
Get out there and make your dreams happen!