The house was built between 1906 and 1935 by the trading company Tang&Riis and used as a workshop, staff house etc. It was renovated in 2010 with kitchen and bathroom upgraded to modern standards. The house sits on a cliff by the seashore with a spectacular view over Breidafjordur bay.
Hellissandur is one of the oldest fishing villages in Iceland and it's history dates back to the 15th Century. Now it resides about 400 villagers.