1 bedroom, 1 bath ocean front ground floor condo in a small private resort where turtles come in to feed of the rocks at our snorkel cove and whales come to our part of the bay to give birth. Direct access to ocean from resort. Kuleana Resort
ALOHA & WELCOME
We would like to welcome you to our condo at the Kuleana Resort. We were very picky when we bought it. We wanted an ocean front condo were we could sit in a tropical garden, listen to the birds and watch the ocean. To us this unit represents the ultimate relaxation and we are looking forward to sharing it with you.
The bedroom features a new mahogany Queen size bed with 100% suprima cotton 600TC pure white sheets, dual side new mahogany tables & lamps. The bedroom has a selection of books about Maui, Hawaiian flora and fauna - and a flat screen 32" HDTV.
For airflow & cooling: A highly efficient and energy saving fan Emerson Midway Eco (energy star) has been installed. This is according to reviews the most efficient fan on the market.
The bathroom is remodeled (2015) and features a new large vanity, large shower with dual shower heads, water saving toilet and a new faucet. White luxury towels with 100% Hygro Cotton. Towels for the pool, beach and bathroom is provided.
Bathroom include storage space for our guests as well as beach stuff such as cooler, beach chair, tennis rack and tennis balls.
A European kitchen with fully integrated under-counter appliances has been installed in June 2010. The kitchen cabinets are cherry wood with Silestone counter top. Top-of-the-line fully integrated Bosch & Miele appliances are installed, this include glass ceramic cook top & combined convection-oven/micro-oven. The refrigerator is European style and under-counter (i.e. smaller than most US models, but more environmentally friendly).
The kitchen include an eating area at the counter top.
LIVING ROOM HIGHLIGHTS
The living area features designer furniture – where each furniture is handpicked based on a combination of Scandinavian simplicity and American comfort.
An entertainment system - flat screen 42" HDTV with surround sound is installed. There is cable TV and complimentary 3MBit WiFi available.
The floor has ceramic tiles. The walls and ceilings has been full-spackled to level 5. The ceiling also features recessed lighting and an Emerson Midway Eco (energy star) fan.
The living area has motorized shades installed and most light can be dimmed to support the romantic atmosphere.
From the sofa you can watch the whales breach (in season) – our own experience every winter we are there- or dolphins playing/traveling by (can be experienced any time of the year).
The lanai has a direct view of the ocean as well as direct and easy access to the resort and all the amenities. It features designer dining table and chairs for 4 people and a perfect spot for relaxation with a good book or the computer.
There are no buildings or roads between you and the ocean. The waterline is 175 feet from our lanai.
- Uninterrupted direct access to two beaches and snorkel cove (level of sand depend on weather)
- Largest privately owned pool on West Maui
- Ocean front BBQ (4 large with plenty of space and cleaned every day by staff)
- Tennis court (remodel fall 2014)
- On-site security
- Seasonal Yoga class on the lawn on Wednesdays at 9 am (participant donations is the only source of payment for this service)
You don’t have to jump into the sea to get a close look of the turtles – you often see them when you are walking along the ocean shore/beach. We have personally counted up to 12 turtles at the same time – more turtles spotted during summer and fall when the water is calmer.
Located in a small resort that gives you privacy and at the same time offer all the amenities you expect.
You have farmers market (every Monday, Wednesday and Friday), coffee shops, deli and dining options within walking distance (approx 0.5 miles).
Time market is open more or less 24/7 for additional supply (approx 1 mile).
A public beach park is located across the street from the farmers market.
From Honoapiilani Park you can walk on a beach path all the way to Hanakao'o Beach Park. Access to Honoapiilani Park is across the street from Time market.
The unit is 10 min north of Lahaina and 5 min south of Napili.
Accès des voyageurs
Fully equip 1 bedroom condo with 1 parking spot.
Resort include: laundry, pool, BBQ area, garden, tennis court, beach and snorkel cove.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We communicate with our guests over email, text and phone.
We have an on-island agent that can come by if need be.
The photos of the beaches is how the beaches looks most of the time. Every 5th year during November the storms can temporarily remove the sands from either one or rarely both beaches. Since we bought the condo in 2008 this has happened only once (November 2014). The sand can come back literally over-night.
Note: no AC we have very efficient fans that can cool down the unit fast. Instructions for how to cool down the condo is in the condo. Hawaii tax ID: TA-124-348-2112-01/GE-124-348-2112-01
Numéro de licence ou d'immatriculationTA-124-348-2112-01 / GE-124-348-2112-01
En savoir plus dans ce domaine
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT
Check-in: 3pm or later
Check-out: 11 am or earlier
No problem in accommodating late check-ins or early check-outs.
Early check-in or late check-out is usually not possible due to our on-island agents schedule.
We ask that our guest respect our check-in/check-out times.
1) Please do not take any light fixture, phone, router etc out of the electrical outlets. Our home is a smart home and if you do this it means the system will get confused and things will stop working.
2) Please don't rearrange our furniture.
3) Please keep the kitchen table clean for food. This is the tropical and leaving bread crumbs, food unwrapped is the same as an open invitation to small bugs.
4) Please do not try to fix the roller shades yourself if you run into problems, in stead let us know and we will find a solution.
5) Please do not smoke in the condo or at the resort. Our condo is Non-smoking.
6) Please read the welcome letter - it gives you all the instructions needed.
RESORT & AMENITIES:
- Parking permit must be visible in your vehicle when parked at the parking lot
- Swimming pool hours are 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m
- Cooking at BBQ needs to be completed by 9 pm
- Tennis hours are 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Laundry operating hours are 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
- The dumpsters are located at the North entrance to the parking lot. Use the designated dumpsters to sort your trash: Glass, paper, garden, can etc
- All use of the beach is at the tenants and guest own risk
- The turtles have the right away on the beach. Please show respect
- Do not pick the flowers. They are for everyone to enjoy
- The security night guard arrive at 7 pm and will be touring the ground regularly all night through
- The resort is Non-smoking resort
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 7 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
We bought our condo on Maui in 2008. It is our second home and not an investment rental. This means all furniture, kitchen, appliances etc are based on our living preferences.
What makes Kuleana special is the grounds - we have a real garden with plenty of flowers and birds, we have our own beaches, large pool and BBQ at the tip of the water.
To us this place is our ultimate relaxation and the place we turn to when we need a "breather".