Luxury 5 stars loft in the heart of Old Habana, close to the most popular spots. Within walking distance, you can see the cruise ships, the water front on the Malecon. 3 minutes away, you can get to The Plaza Vieja with all it’s restaurants, Bars, Cafes and Cathedral De La Habana and the Capitolio. Grocery stores, food markets, boutiques, hotels with wifi connection (Hotel Santander), are all within walking distance. Experience the life of the locals from the comfort of a fully equipped loft!
Our apartment is very private and quiet, it is fully renovated and equipped with all the commodities that you expect from a luxury resort: In the living room you will find a nice living room set, a flat tv with cable installed on a stone wall... The kitchen is all equipped with everything you need... The bathroom has a marble counter and is very modern... And in the huge bedroom, is a king size bed, a big closet and the air condition unit, a safety box and another flat tv with cable. The night stands are also made of marble... All the furniture, mattress, equipment and decorations were imported from Canada and are of very high quality.
Accès des voyageurs
Guests have access to the whole apartement... and to the terrace on the third floor with an amazing view on Havana Vieja... This terrace is perfect for having a coffee in the morning, sun tanning, or to relax and enjoy some quiet time and have a drink after a long day exploring the beautiful city of Havana!!!
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Albita (Mayuli's cousin) is always available when guests are checking in or out... And at any other time, she is only a phone call away... She can help with anything needed from directions to transportation arrangements and tips about the city...
Cleaning of the apartment is done daily and is included. We also provide clean towels and we change the sheets as needed.
Tourist attractions in centro habana and old Havana.
The main "tourist attractions" to guide our guests in their visit to the cuban capital. These are:
Central Havana City:
• National Capitol: Location: Paseo Del Prado between San José and dragons. Building built in 1929, intended to host the seat of Congress at the time. Inspired by the pantheon of Paris, Saint Peter of Rome and the United States Capitol in Washington. ITS DOME MARKS KILOMETER 0 of the nation's road network.
• Paseo Del Prado: it is an avenue in Havana from the National Capitol, strewn with trees, floors and Marble Benches, with eight Bronze Statues of lions figures that appear to be guard. It is characterized by the permanence of exhibitions, sale of works of art and others.
• Teatro Martí: built in 1884 in dragons and zulueta. One of the most beautiful theaters in Cuba, with its stalls, balconies and balconies. Theatre plays and musical concerts are offered in which theatre.
• Gran Teatro De La Habana Alicia Alonso: located on the north side of the National Capitol. It is the oldest theatre in Latin America, inaugurated in 1838, the headquarters of one of the most significant exponents of Cuban architecture. It has been the scene of notable companies and figures such as fanny elssier, Ana Palova, Enrico Caruzzo, ballet of leningrad, ballet of Maurice Béjart and others.
• Museum of the revolution: located in street shelters between zulueta and monserrate in the former presidential palace built between 1909 and 1920. In 1974 became a museum of the revolution and in 2010 was declared by UNESCO MONUMENT National. It collects material and collections concerning the Cuban revolution making it the most important museum in the country.
• Palace of fine arts: Museum for Cuban art and Universal Art. It Houses 45000 Pieces, collections and paintings of prominent artists such as amelia peláez, Wilfredo Lam, René Portocarrero. It was opened in 1913 and ranked as tripadvisor as the 9th. Of the 257 attractions of Havana. Address: Trocadero between monserrate and zulueta.
• Malecon: it comprises a large six-Lane Avenue and a long eight-mile wall at the northern end of the city. Its construction dates back to 1901 with important monuments and representative buildings on its route. Its function, in addition to retaining sea water, is a tourist attention where hundreds of cubans spend the evening night enjoying the breeze and the fall of the sun.
• Antique Car Parking: situated on the side of the cinema, in front of the National Capitol. Place where old cars are located to make a time trip, where you can rent one of them to take a trip to the capital.
• Chinatown: located just a few steps from the National Capitol. It is one of the oldest and largest Chinese neighborhoods in America and the world's second largest Asian quarter. It is notable for few Chinese, colorful and quantity and variety of restaurants.
• Restaurants: Lotus Flower on street health between gervasio and Escobar. Excellent site for eating or dining, Creole food, seafood and fish, of excellent prices and abundant food. The in front of the National Capitol.
Old Havana Township:
• Bishop's Boulevard: an essential site to be visited in the city, pedestrian transit. In turn one of the most famous and ancient street (1519) of the capital, with shops, boutiques, bookstores, optics, old pharmacies. All of beautiful architecture extending from the port avenue to street.
• Historic City Centre: located at the end of Bishop Street. The oldest area of the city, of a cosmopolitan nature, reflecting a mixture of architectural testimony from different times: Spanish Crown, British, French and state state. In 1982, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with different sites such as restaurants, churches, fortresses, libraries, museums, crafts fairs, etc.
• The Car Museum: located in the heart of Havana, on the street. 12 between pia and alley's alley, with collections of more than 45 old cars between 1905 and 1989 where 1918 Ford T-1918, roll roice phantom, 1926, Cadillac v - 6 that belonged to Commander Ernesto Che Guevara.
• Rum Museum: located on the avenida de port no. 262 corner sun, in front of the general customs of the Republic. It offers the visitor a vision of the history and status of Cuban rum, a special tasting of Havana club rum and the combination of liquor with tobacco and Cuban coffee.
• Plaza De Armas: it is a point of the city (1519). Its route evokes the fortified squares of medieval Europe. In it the folly is appreciated, where the first catholic mass was celebrated in Havana.
• 9 Cannon: in the fortress of San Pedro de la cabin, which does not belong to the municipality treaty but by its importance and closeness to the municipality of habana vieja deserves to be visited, offers a military parade with attributes and technique of the colonial stage . It was, at the time, the way to alert the people and visitors of Havana who would then remain behind the walls surrounding the village and protect the pirate attacks.
• Morro-Cabin: military complex located at the entrance to Havana Bay, created for the defense of the city of any pirate enemy attack.
• Christ of the bay: Colossal Sculpture that represents the sacred heart of Jesus, the work of the Cuban sculptor jilma wood, made of Carrara Marble, located in the white house village, close to old Havana, which offers a beautiful panoramic view of The City.
• Crafts Fair: located on Avenida Del Puerto and calle Cuba, in the former San José stores. Important Cultural Centre and craft market where you can find any type of souvenir such as guayaberas, wooden sculptures, leather accessories, jewelry paintings, etc.
• St. Francis of Assisi Square: next to the convent of the same name on Avenida Del Puerto and st. Show that must not be lost. In the surrounding area you will find cafés, boutiques, e-mails, cruise terminal and hall in San Francisco De Assisi,
• Havana Railway Station: it is the centre of the country's railway system, located on arsenal street and egido. National Monument for its great architectural and historical architectural values.
• Old Havana Square: located at the confluence of the wall streets, Lieutenant King and merchants. Place of great atmosphere, with lots of places to eat, have a good coffee or beer, with crafts.
• Havana Cathedral: Catholic Temple, Baroque Style, located in the ancient area of the city (Historic Centre), declared by UNESCO IN 1982 as a National Heritage, where masses, concerts of prestigious symphonic orchestras on its exterior .
• Castle of Royal Strength: Military Fortress, located in Havana Bay, created for the city of pirate attacks and and enemies of the Spanish Crown. Also heritage of humanity
• Sloppy Joe's bar: Ernest Hemingway's regular bar and shelter from famous movie stars like Frank Sinatra, John Wayne, etc. Located in calle animas corner to zulueta. If you are a lover of the glamour of the 30 s and you want to enjoy an atmosphere of a good bar, do not miss visiting this place.
Location, location, location... Very centric, very close to everything that you want to see in Havana!
Don't let anybody that is not part of the reservation in the house.
When you are not in the apartment, make sure you lock all windows and doors and turn off all electric equipment.
We are a couple that share our time in between Cuba and Canada. Tony is Canadian and Mayuli is Cuban Canadian. We met 12 years ago in Montreal.