Composed of one of the antique hand hewn log cabins and lled with Stickley furniture, this is 600 sq. ft. of luxury log cabin living! The eld stone replace is ready for your use on a chilly evening. King sized sleigh bed overlooks river gorge.
The Master’s Suite is the idyllic place to spend the weekend. Composed of one of the antique hand hewn log cabins and lled with Stickley furniture, this is 600 sq. ft. of luxury log cabin living! The eld stone replace is ready for your use on a chilly evening. With a wall of sliding glass doors, guests can view the river gorge from the luxury of the King sized sleigh bed or step out to the deck to lounge with a cocktail while your worries melt away with the sunset. While The Master's Suite is very private, guests should expect to share common areas with other guests.
Accès des voyageurs
All common areas: Living Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Rec Room, Screen Porch, Pool, and Flagstone deck overlooking the Tennessee River Gorge.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Guests have as much or as little interaction with host and other guests as they desire. Caretaker lives on property and will be available to address any needs 24/7 during rental period.
A perfect place to function as retreat for writer or artist. Views are spectacular and wildlife is abundant.
Suite Rental Rules
1. As hosts since 2013, we have welcomed guests from around the world. We believe in the principles of inclusion and respect. Our commitment to these principles enables every member of our Airbnb community to feel welcome in our home, no matter who they are, where they come from, how they worship, or whom they love.
2. We offer accommodations for guests who wish to unplug from their daily lives to reflect, connect, restore and explore in a natural environment. We encourage guests to visit our website (The Retreat at Sleepy Hollow) for detailed information regarding our family home, the natural setting of our property, and the surrounding Chattanooga Area prior to making their reservation request.
3. The Retreat at Sleepy Hollow maintains a caretaker on the premises. The caretaker is accessible 24/7 to provide information and/or assistance should the guest have any needs or questions during the rental period. Our home is an antique and we strongly encourage guests take advantage of the caretaker as a valuable resource in the proper operation of our home. Contact information for Susan and Michael is posted on refrigerator for guest’s convenience.
4. We are happy to share our refrigerator with guests. We provide a shelf for each room/suite. There are no refrigerators in the rooms/suites. Our home is surrounded by forest and we do not recommend storing food items in the bedrooms that will attract unwanted guests (mice, chipmunks, and insects).
5. We have provided breakfast in the past. However, we no longer do. With everyone's dietary preferences (paleo, vegetarian, vegan, no gluten, no dairy, no sugar, etc), breakfast became too complicated. The kitchen is a common area and we encourage guests to make themselves at home to make their idea of a perfect breakfast or any meal of their choosing.
6. We do provide "all you can drink" coffee and tea. Or, if guests have a special coffee they would like to enjoy, they are welcome to use our coffee maker - we have an extra carafe.
7. Rooms/Suites do not have a TV. Our Recreation Room has a 55” Samsung Curved Smart TV for guest’s enjoyment. We have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime for TV content. We have an extensive DVD collection available for guest’s use. We do not have cable. Guests can access their home cable plan by logging into their personal account.
8. Guest and all members of guest's party shall herby indemnify and hold harmless the Host against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from the use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss.
9. Guest and all members of guest's party expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Host may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of the Guests.
10. Our foremost responsibility is to make sure guests understand they are renting our family home. We strive to provide an accurate understanding of its features and limitations, especially when guest's party includes elderly or children. In the interest of keeping everyone safe, please understand that uneven walking surfaces (antique brick floors inside and flagstone walkways outside) and unrestricted access to salt water pool, water gardens, and large pond make our property unsuitable for all ages. In the interest of opening a discussion about insuring the safety of guests, we request that the Guest making the reservation shall identify all members of his or her party as well as their ages, at the time of the reservation request. Guest’s failure to disclose all members and ages of their party, at the time of their reservation, may result in the cancellation of the reservation and will automatically forfeit their security deposit in its entirety without exception.
11. Guests who have children under the age of 18 must receive approval for said children from the Host prior to Host's confirmation of reservation. Guest's children and children of the guest's party under the age of 18 must be supervised at all times by the guest or designated adult over 18 years of age to insure their safety. Guest’s failure to disclose the presence of children and their ages, and obtain such prior approval, as well as insure children under the age of 18 are supervised at all times by the guest or designated adult over 18 years of age may result in the cancellation of the reservation and will automatically forfeit their security deposit in its entirety without exception.
12. No additional people shall visit the premises that are not included in the reservation without the written permission of the Host. To alter the number and members of guest's party, guest shall submit a request identifying members and ages they wish to change/add to the reservation through Airbnb message service. Guest must receive Host acceptance of said change through Airbnb message service to confirm alteration. Guests who violate this rule may result in the cancellation of the reservation and will automatically forfeit their security deposit in its entirety without exception.
13. We pride ourselves on providing a clean and tidy environment for our guests. Should a guest have any issues with the representation of our property or cleanliness of our home upon arrival, we encourage the guest to voice their concern during the tour so we may address. Guest taking possession of our home post tour (moving their belongings into our home and settling in) expressly implies guest's acceptance of the condition of our home and property making guest responsible for entire rental payment per terms detailed in the accepted reservation. Expressing concerns after guest’s departure is unfair to Host as this does not allow us the opportunity to remedy.
14. As a Guest, you are responsible for leaving the accommodation in the condition it was in when you arrived. (Airbnb Terms of Service #12.) Typically, we do not charge a cleaning fee for suite/room rentals. However, should the premise require extensive cleaning upon the guest’s departure, guest will be assessed $50.00 cleaning fee. Property caretaker is not responsible for determining whether or not guest has met these criteria upon guest's departure.
15. Guest making the reservation shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear even if said damage was done by another member of guest's party or another person visiting the guest or member of guest's party and accepts full responsibility without exception for the behavior of another member of the guest's party or another person visiting the guest.
16. Firearms of any kind are not permitted on the property. Any guests discharging firearms shall be asked to depart immediately and will forfeit any and all monies associated with the rental of the home.
17. Fireworks of any kind are not permitted on the property. Any guests discharging fireworks shall be asked to depart immediately and will forfeit any and all monies associated with the rental of the home.
18. The rental property has 4 HVAC units zoned for various areas of the property. Typically, locked thermostats are set to 75 degrees for cooling in the summer and 65 degrees for heating in the winter to conserve energy. Guests who feel uncomfortable should ask the property caretaker to adjust the thermostat settings. We ask guests to be mindful of electrical usage by making sure doors to the outside are closed when HVAC units are in use. We encourage use of the saltwater swimming pool for cooling in the summer and use of the fireplaces/wood stove for heating in the winter. Guests who repeatedly leave outside doors open after a friendly reminder from the caretaker will be assessed an excessive electrical usage fee.
19. We have many guests who are allergic to animals. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought into the home or onto the premises. Guests who violate this rule may result in the cancellation of the reservation and will automatically forfeit their security deposit in its entirety without exception.
20. There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home. Guests who violate this rule may result in the cancellation of the reservation and will automatically forfeit their security deposit in its entirety without exception.
21. There shall be no burning of candles inside the premises. Guests who violate this rule may result in the cancellation of the reservation and will automatically forfeit their security deposit in its entirety without exception.
22. We pride ourselves on offering luxury towels our guests. We supply one set of towels per guest per stay. We encourage guests who wish to have additional towels to bring them from home. Guests who "help themselves" to extra towels will be assessed an additional towel usage fee of $5.00 per towel.
23. We pride ourselves on offering luxury linens our guests. We get many compliments about the comfort of our beds and bedding. We ask that guests do not strip the beds. Viewing the towels and linens after a guest departs and before washing provides us with the opportunity to address any accidental spotting that may have occurred during a guest's stay. Should we be unable to remove any stains or there be discoloration due to makeup and/or facial creams, guests will be charged a fee according to our replacement cost.
24. Guests should be advised that bloodied towels and linens are considered a biohazard by Federal Law and must be disposed of in accordance with OSHA regulations. Therefore, guests will be assessed a replacement fee for any bloodied towels and/or linens.
25. We love sharing our home with Guests. Guests should recognize that there are cabinets, closets, laundry room, and office spaces that contain Host’s personal property. We respectfully ask guests to refrain from accessing these areas and procuring items for guest's or members of guest's party use. Guests who access Host's personal property without the caretaker's permission will be assessed a usage fee and/or replacement cost of those items.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 7 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
Cet hôte a 148 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
We moved to Chattanooga over 20 years ago when my children were 3 and 6 years old. It was an idyllic place to raise two adventurous children! Now they are grow and we are sharing our home with others who might like to visit Our Little Piece of Heaven