Beautiful view of the Amstel river, close to city centre (tram or bike), but also perfect for bike rides through the Dutch countryside. Well-equipped kitchen. (Paid) parking in front. Lots of light. Modern fixtures in kitchen and bathroom.
This 75-square meter apartment is spacious and full of light. All of the furniture and fixtures are of good quality, providing guests with a comfortable and pleasant stay. There are two bedrooms, a separate kitchen, bathroom with bath and shower, and an open living and dining area.
The apartment sleeps 3 adults or 2 adults and one child comfortably.
Accès des voyageurs
Guests will have access to the entire apartment. Closet space and hangers are provided so you can hang up your clothes and don't have to live out of a suitcase. Bath towels and sheets are also provided.
Guests are also welcome to use any of the condiments that are in the kitchen (spices, oil & vinegar, sugar, etc.). There is also an expresso machine to make coffee.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I will be happy to provide tips for restaurants and other interesting places. I can also provide information about bike rental, taxi services and sightseeing routes in and around the city.
Of course we love our neighbours so don't want them to be disturbed by parties or other noise. Smoking is not allowed in the house. Smoking on the back balcony until 10:00 pm, smoking on the front balcony is allowed at all times. No (soft) drugs in the house or on the balconies. No visitors who are not part of the rental party. Please be particularly respectful of noise after 10pm (music and TV volume). Please take shoes off in the hall. This is our home so we hope that while you make yourselves comfortable that you also respect our space.
Extra house rules
- Check in: 3.00 PM (unless agreed otherwise)
- Check in after 8:00 PM: we charge €20 extra to cover our expenses
- Check out: 11.00 AM
We kindly ask you to respect the following house rules:
- Please keep the noise down. We kindly ask you to respect your neighbours;
- No loud music after 10.00 PM;
- No house parties;
- No additional guests allowed without approval;
- No smoking inside the apartment;
- No drugs. The use of drugs in the apartment and/or complex is strictly prohibited. The penalty is a fine up to €100,-
- We provide you with clean bedsheets and one medium sized towel (140x70 cm) per person at no additional charge. Please leave them after check out;
- Extra towels are available for rent for €2 per towel.
- Please do not use any other towels and/or bedlinen you might find in the house. We will charge you €25,- for dry cleaning services.
- Please do not accept any mail packages from the mailman, only the house owner is allowed to do so;
- We guarantee a clean house when checking in. When checking out, please leave the apartment in as close to the same state as you found it, in order to avoid double cleaning charges;
- Make sure you turn off the lights, heating and gas when these are not needed - please respect the environment;
- Please do not park your bikes directly in front of the apartment, but in a designated area only;
- In the unfortunate event that you lose the key or accidentally take it with you when checking out, we have to charge €100,- for replacing the lock and making new key cuts;
- Umbrella’s can be used, but please leave them after check out;
We hope you will have a great stay. Please contact us in case of any questions or problems.
I am a British American of Indian descent who has been living in Amsterdam for 22 years. I love to travel myself so like the idea of welcoming people from other countries to enjoy my city. I am a lecturer of Business Comms and Intercultural Comms at a university of applied sciences. I have one son, Pablo, and a partner and we enjoy going to (warm) countries in Europe like France and Spain, and more exotic places like Thailand, Bali and Kenya, but there are still so any places in the world to see!
I love to cook and spend time at home, so I think you will find this apartment to be very accommodating and comfortable if you feel like relaxing here before or after checking out the city.
One of my favourite things to do is to go running along the river and through the polders, which are also very close by. If you are not up for a run, then it's also a wonderful place to go cycling.
My apartment is perfect for a couple alone or with one or two children (there is a great park just across the street for children to play in), or just for two or three adults.
I look forward to meeting you!