À propos de ce logement
Sweet cabin on a five acres in beautiful North Kohala, Big Island. Perfect for people who love the simplicity of camping, but would rather sleep in a wonderful tiny house. Separate shared bathhouse and kitchen space. Affordable, clean, sexy, simple.
Have you heard the term Glamping? Glamorous + Camping = Glamping
Come Glamp in North Kohala on the Big Island of Hawaii.
The Polestar Cabin is perfect for people who are looking for a quiet, simple, soothing, unplugged, eco-experience.
A brand new bed, 500 thread count sheets and yummy pillows makes your simple cabin stay luxuriously comfortable. The outdoor shower is simple and sexy. Gaze at millions of stars at night from the hot shower or from your cabin window.
"The Hive" is an agricultural Quonset hut that has been converted into a shared living room, kitchen, yoga, meditation and event space. We have had StorySlams, Dance Parties, Kirtans and Classes in The Hive. The Hive has a propane refrigerator, two burner gas stove, double sink and all necessary cooking equipment.
The Polestar Cabin and Bath House do not have electricity, there are simple solar powered lights and LED lanterns for reading and getting around at night.
The Hive has minimal electricity, enough for you to charge your phone or laptop. There is wireless internet at The Hive which is fine for checking email and updating friends about your stay, but there is not enough bandwidth for streaming music or video.
The Polestar Cabin experience is perfect for you if you are looking for affordable accommodations in a natural setting.
It is perfect for a personal retreat, base camp for exploring the area or romantic interlude. I welcome women traveling alone who are looking for a safe, quite place and kama‘aina who are traveling from other islands.
Accès des voyageurs
The Polestar Cabin is your private space. The Bath House and The Hive are shared if there are other people staying in the tent cabin.
You can feel free to wander around most of the property—check out the taro farm, swing from the banyan trees, pick fruit and flowers, etc..! My private home space is marked as such.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We will respectfully interact! I live on the property and my private space is clearly marked, if you need something you can hoot or text. I love meeting new people and will surely come say hi and make sure you are comfortable when you arrive. You may also see and interact with me when I am working around the property. I also value my privacy and I am sure that you value yours.
We attract guests who are looking for an outdoorsy, quiet, rural experience. If you are looking to party hardy, North Kohala is not your place!
No smoking cigarettes. No heavy drinking. No pets. No streaming music or video (not enough bandwidth).
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 %. En cas d'annulation au cours des 7 jours précédant le voyage, la réservation est non remboursable.
Cet hôte a 28 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Aloha! I was born and raised in New York, but have lived in Hawaii for 25 years. You could say that I am a real island girl, since I was born on Long Island, but now reside on Hawaii Island. Becoming the steward of such an amazing property is a dream come true for me.
I am a storyteller and social entrepreneur.
My company is Sustainable Initiatives—I work on projects which support the growth of a local, sustainable economy…with a sweet spot for growing the local food system. My projects include work with traditional crops (breadfruit and taro) and the fostering of our community food system in North Kohala.
My writing has been published in many Hawaii-based magazines and blogs. I am currently working on a collection of personal essays and developing myself as a performance artist.
I am known for my personal educational projects, having embarked upon a number of “eat local” experiments and then reported to the public on my experience.
Here are 9 of my favorite things:
1. Chanting: Paramahansa Yogananda says “Chanting is half the battle.” Its true. Devotional chanting is such an easy, joyful shortcut to meditation. I lead kirtans and enjoy going to other people’s kirtans.
2. Dancing: Sweat your prayers, ecstatic dance, a night out with the girlfriends, right in my own living room. Any dance is a good dance.
3. Chocolate: I just heard that smiling releases 2,000 times the amount of endorphins than chocolate. I smile when I eat chocolate, so…
4. Champagne/Proseco: (often enjoyed with chocolate) My grandmother used to listen to Don Ho when I was growing up. I think the subliminal message of tiny bubbles may have brought me to Hawaii and instilled a lifelong love of the bubbly.
5. Great Boots: There is nothing a girl can’t do when she is feeling powerful in her boots.
6. Being on Camera-video or photograph: When I am ing with someone, I don't even see them. I am too busy looking at myself in that little window. Why can’t they make that window bigger and minimize the other person?
7. Spending money: Money is no object. Actually it is, but I act like its not.
8. Luxurious hotels, resorts, homes, spas: But, I also enjoy camping, farm life and nature... and hopefully so do you, because that is how I live!
9. Reading: Set me up in a luxurious reading nook, give me a pile of good books and add some chocolate and champagne. What could be better?