Welcome to the Treehouse - A mid century modern - eco friendly home.
Built in 1968 and set amongst tranquil leafy surrounds. We welcome guests from all backgrounds.
We are less than 10 minutes from Brisbane CBD and 40 minutes to the Gold Coast.
Located near the Greenslopes and Princess Alexandra Hospitals, Griffith University Campuses, Brisbane CBD and the Gold Coast. You have your own private access, private kitchen, bathrooms, living space, laundry and sunroom to enjoy.
The Tree-House is a fully self-contained house (upstairs only - downstairs is a separate listing). It has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with showers and vanity and 1 separate toilet, a large lounge, large kitchen and dining room, a large sunroom and gas BBQ. The laundry is located downstairs, and is yours to use with an outdoor undercover hanging space.
The house was built in 1968 with mid century modern architecture in mind. Featuring a north facing aspect and floor to ceiling windows, creating an airy and light filled house. It has been tastefully renovated to suit our personal style and is set amongst tranquil well established gardens with great views.
We aim to be an eco-friendly house with solar panels and rainwater tanks. We are also starting our own herb garden which you can use.
Key features include:
- Master bedroom has a Queen bed, bedside tables, large built in wardrobe, reverse cycle air-conditioning and retro style ensuite.
- Second bedroom has a Double bed, bedside table large built in wardrobe and ceiling fan.
- 3rd Bedroom has a single bed with bedside table and large built in wardrobe and ceiling fan. There is also collapsible cot for infants and small children.
- A sofa which converts into a bed, and allows up to 6 guests to stay at any time.
- Two separate shower and vanity rooms with a single separate toilet i.e the single toilet is separate from both bathrooms.
- Modern Kitchen with an espresso pod machine with pods provided, Large oven with separate grill, stovetop and rangehood and steamer. Large double door samsung fridge and Fisher and Paykel dishwasher. Kettle and toaster are also supplied
- We have an indoor dining suite which comfortably seats 6 and and outdoor sunroom dining suite which comfortably seats 8 and other seats at the bar.
- The lounge room is well equipped with a reading area, book case, surround sound and netflix.
- Large 42 inch LG LCD Smart TV (with USB), wifi and access to free netflix.
- Unlimited wireless cable internet is available
- Ironing board and iron
- All linen is provided – quality sheets, towels, and tea towels
- Soaps and other essentials provided – including a hairdryer
- Hardwood timber floors throughout
- Security screens and doors throughout
- Established gardens with a herb garden which you can feel free to utilise.
- Free on-street parking and two undercover car parks. Please note this is a very steep driveway and some low cars do scratch when reversing down so please take care. There is ample on street parking if you do not feel comfortable using the undercover parks.
- Complimentary tea, coffee pods, bread, milk, butter. We have stocked the pantry with basic condiments - salt, pepper, vegemite, oils etc so please feel free to use anything of ours.
- the Gardens are a shared space with the downstairs guests.
Accès des voyageurs
You will have complete access to the entire upstairs house (which has the three bedrooms, two showers, single toilet, large living, kitchen, dining and sunroom). You also have access to the downstairs laundry and undercover hanging space.
There is a separate downstairs living space - a separate listing called 'The Grotto' which has a private courtyard sectioned off by means of bamboo screen. Please respect the privacy of our other guests (if present). You will have shared access to the gardens/ back yard and front yard. We have lived here for months with downstairs as an airbnb and only occasionally come into contact with each other as there is two separate entrances.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We have a coded lock box which houses the keys you need to access the property. We send a welcome letter detailing how to find the lock box and what the code is 1 - 2 days prior to your arrival. This means you can come and go at any time and not risk losing your key set. We will endeavour to meet you on check in but unfortunately our working hours can make this difficult.
We will leave you with your privacy unless you have any concerns, questions or want to chat!.
- Supervision of all small children is required when outside as the front yard is not fenced (albeit it is a quiet road) and there is a steep retaining wall in the back yard.
- If both showers are running at the same time there can be pressure issues. We recommend staggering the shower times and be mindful that we run on rainwater.
- The under cover parking is very steep and low cars can scratch. Please only reverse down and only if you feel comfortable. Otherwise there is plenty of street parking.
- - Smoking is permitted outside only.
- - There is a separate listing downstairs so please be mindful of noise and privacy.
- - The garden is a shared space
- - Children must be supervised outside as the front of the house is not fenced and the back has a steep retaining wall.
- - Quiet after 10pm in respect to our neighbours.
- - No parties
I'm a 30 year old veterinarian from Australia. My wife - Beth (also a vet!) and I have been fortunate enough to travel the world, staying at some amazing airbnb's along the way.
We have moved back home and realised how much we love our city of Brisbane. And now we want to share it with you. We know what makes a great airbnb from travelling experience, and we strive to make your stay as comfortable as possible while exploring the secrets of our beautiful city - Brisbane.