1-bedroom self-contained retreat can sleep 3 adults (or 2 adults and 2 smaller children). It is in an elevated bush setting with a view over estuary towards downtown Tauranga. Set off main road in quiet neighbourhood, and close to restaurants and dining, only 4km (5 minute drive) from downtown Tauranga for nightlife, public transport, and activities and a 10 minute drive to Mount Maunganui and the beach.
Just minutes from the city you'll enjoy serenity, security and a gorgeous outlook. Water views by day and city lights by night from both the lounge/kitchen and the bedroom.
PLEASE NOTE: The unit can sleep 3 adults (or 2 adults and 2 smaller children). There is one queen bed and one sofa-bed (not wide enough to sleep two adults).
This one bedroom unit is located underneath a bigger house, but it does enjoy a good feeling of separation and privacy. You will have your own outdoor area & off-street parking right outside your door. Inside the spacious lounge is complimented with a fireplace, perfect for cooler months! The fireplace easily heats the whole unit.
This unit is perfect for couples, solo adventurers, and business travellers looking for a peaceful rural setting, but close to town.
Hi speed WiFi is provided.
- Full kitchen with cooktop, microwave, kettle, toaster, & fridge.
- Separate washer/dryer, ironing board and iron
- Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, breakfast cereal, milk & basic toiletries provided at no extra charge.
- Beautifully comfortable queen size bed (2 adults) with additional sofa-bed (sleeps 1 adult or two smaller children) in the lounge
Accès des voyageurs
Guests may use the private self-contained unit and none of the spaces will be shared. The guest unit is suitable for two guests, but the sofa-sleeper in the lounge area can be used for one additional adult or two smaller children. NZ$35 per additional person after first 2 persons. Please make sure you have indicated and paid for all guests that will be checking in as no additional guests can be checked in after arrival.
Own private outside area with awning to enjoy breakfast with a view or evenings with ever-changing views over the estuary.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We will be there to welcome you, but you will have your own privacy and we are happy to assist in any way to make your stay prefect.
During school terms, Monday to Thursday, I usually teach the violin in the afternoons . There is sound proofing between the flat and the main house, but it may still be audible if you are in the flat. Best to sleep in and plan your day trips for the afternoons! Fridays through to Sundays there is no teaching and all should be quiet and the only sound will be that of the birds in the trees!
You are welcome to wander through the front part of the garden. The upstairs unit and back of the house is a private area for the main house, so guests should please respect the privacy of the main occupants.
Although the unit is private, other people are residing on the property. The back of the property, the room downstairs adjacent to the guest unit (has a separated entrance) and the upstairs unit is only for use by the landlord.
Additional rules to keep in mind:
- This is not a party pad. The house is set in a quiet location and we expect our guest to treat the neighbourhood with due respect. Please keep noise at acceptable levels. No excessive noise after 11.00pm or before 6.00am
- No overnight visitors (who were not registered and paid for before check-in)
- No use of drugs or illegal substances
- As Wifi is shared with main residence, you agree to use it only for legal purposes and promise not to use it for illegal uploading, downloading, or other illegal activities.
- Although the house is not on the main road, the property is not fully fenced. Therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure the safety of any children staying with you. Children must please be supervised at all times and not "explore" into neighbouring properties! Any stains/mess on the carpet will be cleaned by professionals and the charges payable by you.
- Please switch off lights and other appliances when you leave the property for longer periods
I have lived and worked in different parts of the world, including South Africa, Taiwan and China before moving to New Zealand in 2004 . I have also travelled to many different countries around the world and speak English, German, Mandarin Chinese and Afrikaans. I am a music teacher, teaching the violin from my home.
I'd love you to come and stay in the self-contained flat that is part of my house and to experience the paradise that I live in every day. I'm certain you will enjoy the views of the estuary and watch and listen to the unique bird life in this valley. I'll try to help you as much as I can during your stay.