Situated along Istria’s popular Eastern coast is this 3 bedroom villa (cca 95m2) with private pool(24m2). Built in the 15th century, and completely renovated 2003. this autochthonous Istrian house, for our guests. Lovely place to relex by the pool surrounded by vegetation.
Lovely decorated, this comfortable spacious villa would appeal to guests looking to stay in a pretty and peaceful setting whilst being within easy reach of popular places of interest.
The villa is offered as an upper main house + ground floor studio apartment (cca 30m2). The villa is approached from a country road into a private driveway located to the side of the property. The pool is situated in the spacious garden in front of the villa. A ground floor archway leads to the entrance of the studio containing an open plan kitchen/diner/lounge with sofa bed for one person and a separate double bedroom and shower room. In front of the studio entrance is the outdoor dining area with BBQ. External stairs lead to a terrace overlooking the pool. From here a door opens into a room with a fireplace next to which is the main open plan kitchen/diner/lounge with sofa bed for 2 persons (cca35m2) There is also a shower room on this level.
The second floor (attic-30m2) contains a double room, a twin room and a separate shower room.
The whole house has a total of cca 95m2,divided into 3 levels.
Ground floor app: 3 persons (2+1);
1 st floor app: 6 persons (4+2)
All together: 6+3 persons max: 9 persons
Swimming in private swimming pool (7 x 3,5 x 1,4 m) in which, while you swim, you can enjoy surrounded by beautiful natural vegetation.
Areas of interest nearby include the hill top town of Labin.
Villa Volta is 1 km away from the Mediterranean sculpture symposium.
The historical town of Pula with its’ immense Roman amphitheatre, the Brijuni islands as well as other parts of Istria all manageable as easy day trips from the villa.
The medieval town of Labin is situated on the hill above Rabac. Its old name of Albona was first mentioned in 285 AD. The birthplace of Matthias Flacius Illyricus, the reformer and collaborator of Martin Luther, it is a cultural and administrative center today. The rich cultural and architectural heritage of Labin is enlivened by number of art ateliers and by the bustling youth gathering in the coffee bars scattered around the old town. The Sculpture Park in nearby Dubrova features over 70 forma viva stone sculptures.
After a walk through the narrow streets of the Old Town, pay a visit to the Town Museum with its archaeological and unique in this part of Europe, a miniature coal mine. Have a look at the Memorial collection of Matthias Flacius Illyricus, peek into the art ateliers, enjoy the view of Rabac and Cres island from the Fortica or pop into the small, elegant shops and take refreshments on one of the terraces of the local coffee bars. Whether to do business or just to have a chat, these are the places where everyone meets.
Labin, a picturesque town situated on a 320 meters high hill and only three kilometers from the seaside, was inhabited already two thousand years B.G. The remnants of Kunci, one of the settlements called the 'castellums', dating from the Bronze Age, can be found in the vicinity of Labin. Its old Illyrian-Celtic name is Albona or Alvona and it was probably founded by Celts in the 4th century B.C. on the ruins of the ancient city. Some historians say it was fortified by the Illyrians in the 11th century B.C. They also say that Albona in the Celtic language means 'a town on the hill' or 'an elevated settlement'.
Titus Livius said that Labin inhabitants were pirates. After the conflicts between the local inhabitants and Romans, which had started in the 3rd century B.C., Istra came under the Romans in 177 B.C. The borderline was the river Rasa. Labin and its surroundings thus became an integral part of Illyrian, the Roman province with a high degree of independence and authority over the nearby settlements. The oldest written document about Labin is a relief from the 3rd century with the insertion 'RES PUBLICA ALBONESSIUM'.
RABAC- The pearl of the Kvarner bay
Today, Rabac is a well-known tourist resort. By the middle of the 19th century, it was a small fishermen village with hardly ten houses. Due to the beautiful bay and splendid, tame surroundings, it soon attracted first visitors. In 1876, Richard Francis Burton, an English writer and a passionate traveler, was among the first tourists who stayed in Rabac. Having seen Rabac and other places on the Istrian coast, he wrote a book of the same title 'The Istrian coast', describing, among other things, the beauties and charm of Rabac.
At that time Rabac witnessed the building of the first villas. The most well-known was the villa belonging to the Prohaska family, Czechs by origin, who were distinguished tradesmen from Rijeka. Unfortunately, the villa was destroyed during the Second World War, but one of the most attractive locations in Rabac still bears the name of Prohaska.
'Quarnaro', the first hotel in Rabac, was opened on 11th June, 1889 in the house of the Viskovic family situated close to the present 'Orlando' atelier. The hotel had only a few rooms and a pub on the ground floor.
Kaiser, the Austrian officer, who was a regular client of that first hotel, later bought Dubrova, an estate close to Labin. Today, Dubrova is hosting the Mediterranean Sculptors Symposium and is becoming ever more famous for its magnificent park of sculptures.
The chronicle writers would point out yet another curiosity - at the beginning of this century in 1907, Prince Ferdinand, the Austro-Hungarian heir to the throne, visited Rabac and was saluted by people who had gathered in the harbor.
The inhabitants of Rabac were skilled fishermen, seamen and owners of some ten sailboats which were either destroyed in the maelstrom of the Second World War or pushed back by modern ships. The first larger hotel was built in the period of the Italian government in 1925 in the very center of Rabac and was called 'Trieste' -its name today is 'Primorje'. The capacity of the hotel could not meet the ever growing demand of tourists, mainly from the northern parts of Italy. Hence the more intensive development of private accommodation took place. Ten years after 'Trieste', the 'Dopolavoro' hotel was built - presently the 'Jadran' restaurant.
Tourism in Istria, as well as in Rabac, began to develop during the sixties, when this small resort, due to its natural beauty , got the flattering name of 'The Pearl of the Kvarner Bay'. Since then, all existing hotels, apartments, camping sites and the majority of the private houses have been built.
Among the visitors, for years now, the most numerous have been Germans and Austrians followed by English and Italians. Rabac can accommodate in one day even 11.000 visitors, mainly foreign, and several thousand bathers from Labin and its surroundings.
Accès des voyageurs
The guests will have access to internet wirless, 2 TV, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, coffee machine also available.
Air-conditioning units are located in the living room and bedrooms.
BBQ, swiming pool private, table soccer,
volleyball net on the grass.
Parking for 4 car.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Owner does not live in the house.
Interaction with Guests
We interact with our guests in those proportion that they want.
We offer them our services and our help.
Pets are allowed on request.
Kinderbed on request.
Pula airport - 42km
Rijeka (Krk) airport - 85km
Rijeka - 60km
Trieste (IT) - 100km
Trieste airport - 140km
Brestova (ferry to the island Cres) - 20km
À partir du 30 juin 2018 - 1 septembre 2018, la durée minimum de séjour est de 7 nuits.