À propos de ce logement
Light filled, peaceful, with stunning sea views, LHV's private beach, plunge pool and relaxing gazebos makes this a perfect location for quiet, private working or holidaying; also a unique wedding location. Close to all amenities, town and beaches.
The Lighthouse is a big, open and airy house with stunning views of the sea, the channel and the Old Town of Mombasa, with its myriad lights at night.
On a small plot, we are perched atop a low cliff and have several levels that all face the sea and make the most of the wonderful views. There is space for up to 13 people if the enclosed verandah beds are in use. The space is full of books but is otherwise quite minimalist with the odd art work on show.
Accès des voyageurs
We are right on the sea and have access to a private tidal beach surrounded by huge rocks and mangroves. There are two cliff top gazebos with lovely views, and a cool plunge pool. We have two barbeques and guests have access to kitchen and all areas.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We love people. We particularly wish our guests to have a great experience of Mombasa, and want to be part of that good experience. We have a lot of local knowledge and are happy to share it. Our house supports interaction as there are a lot of common areas, at the same time, once in your room, privacy is complete and the rooms are large and comfortable. We are happy to let people be and do their own thing, whilst also happy to interact and advise or give support in any situation. We have a wonderful, trusty team, who keep the Lighthouse sparkling clean and who are full of cheer and good will.
(URL HIDDEN) ****** NEW ********
We are happy to share that we are now offering exciting new customized excursions, beauty treatments and activities for our guests to enjoy! Living in Mombasa for so much of our lives, we would really love for our guests to enjoy real local experiences, and have another option rather than just the typical sight seeing activities you may find online or in guide books. (Though we do recommend those too and have information on them)
A quick overview of what we are offering-
1. Takaungu Villlage day trip and lunch- Takaungu is a small rural village located near Kilifi town North of Mombasa, taking about an hour from the Lighthouse. The village overlooks a magical creek and beach and is an authentic fishermans landing beach. The trip consists of a tour around the village followed by a Swahili lunch on the beach and a swim of course, and lastly a special visit to the ZINJ WORKSHOP.
A local bead and leather workshop which employs large numbers of villagers. We also offer an escorted motorbike "boda bida" ride through the raw untouched outskirts of the small village which is just spectacular.
2. The Special Old Town Tour - Explore Mombasa's Old Town off the beaten track to interesting and unusual sites! The tour lead by our dear friend Modi, who, originally from Lamu, has been in Mombasa for many years, and knows all the in's and out's of everywhere! His character is fun and interesting and he will surely do his best to give you an amazing experience. The excursion includes (if available) a boat ride to and from The Lighthouse to Old Town, (optional) a tour around FORT JESUS, the old city, spice market and much more! Enjoy a special home visit to Modi's house and a home cooked Swahili lunch cooked by his sister!
1. Henna Painting - The hosts Daughter is an amazing henna artist and offers henna on site, she also offers henna parties with coffee, tea and special Arabic and Swahili sweets!
2.Catherines Mitumba Excursion - Catherines specialist knowledge of the vast 1km square second hand clothing and every imaginable object market, is a brilliant 2-3 hours of extreme shopping with an expert haggler!
3. Authentic Shopping - Our second shopping trip is to town, we know where to find all the authentic Coastal Swahili and Arabic treasures, such as perfume oils, spices, Halwa, traditional herbs, African cloth, and so much more.
4. Cooking demonstration of a Swahili or Kenyan Dish - a relaxed cooking class that gives you with a real treat to return home with!
Beauty Treatments -
Have any of these treatments from the comfort of The Lighthouse Villa
1. Full Body Massage
2. Head and shoulders.
4. Body scrub.
5. Pedicure & Manicure
6. Waxing, threading
7. Hair Braiding.
We offer extra cooking of lunch and dinner at an extra cost. A continental breakfast is provided but a full cooked English breakfast is available at extra cost, on request.
Wi-fi is free and fast.
Security is excellent. The gate closes at 7p.m and we give guests the gate guard's number so they can come in freely at night.
Our dogs bark a lot. It isn't anything to be alarmed by.
There is sometimes a bit of noise from the local Indian dance club, when the wind is in the wrong direction.
However, it is not bassy, just shenai -ey.
Kindly note that we do insist guests leave a tip for our staffs however large or small, we find it fosters good relations:)
We do expect guests to respect our home.
We do not insist, but strongly recommend that guests leave an appropriate tip for the staff.
Smoking is allowed. The house is very open to the elements, so there is no problem with pollution!
We do not accept or support sex tourism and guests may not bring strangers home. If guests wish to entertain their friends, they must first ask us.for permission. This is for the safety and security of all the guests.
Cet hôte a 9 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
I am a writer, film maker and social activist, passionate about Kenya in particular and Africa in general. As a host I am relaxed and non-intrusive - guests should feel right at home and feel free to enjoy my home. The Lighthouse has hosted several writer and artist retreats and is a great base for film crews. As a writer, I spend a lot of quiet time away from the main house, so guests should not expect to see a lot of me. The Lighthouse team are brilliant at keeping the Lighthouse sparkling and are adept at meeting guests' needs. I love film, reading, yoga, meditation and Zumba! I have travelled the world and am now happy to be in Mombasa and have lived here now for over 25 years. I have gained a lot of local knowledge and am happy to share this with others. My motto is 'live and let live and treat others as you would like to be treated yourself' .
We have zero tolerance for sex tourists, but apart from that, we welcome all with love and respect.