'Under the Oaks’ - a large, well-equipped & tastefully-furnished Dutch farmhouse dating from 1836 (the farm is no longer operational, so there is no livestock present). The farmhouse is situated in the center of unspoiled rural Diever village, Drenthe province and located on the edge of one of the largest national parks in the Netherlands.
*New for 2017!* -
-Brand new boxspring beds and bedroom furniture
-New Smart large-screen TV (Netflix (bring your account details)/Youtube, etc.)
-New sound system with USB connections and Bluetooth
-Separate and improved WIFI network
The vacation farmhouse:
- Sleeps up to 12 persons (maximum of 10 adults). There are also 2 cots for babies.
- Our farmhouse will provide all amenities for the most perfect stay in this historic Drenthe village which is situated at the heart of rural Netherlands and surrounded by areas of stunning natural beauty, including the largest wet-heathland in western Europe at Dwingelderveld.
- Fast and secure wireless internet access throughout the farmhouse.
- Comfortable new boxspring beds and washbasin in 3 of the 4 twin bedrooms upstairs. The large double bedroom comes with a kingsize boxspring bed, a large built-in wardrobe and also has a modern LCD TV plus Bluray DVD-player.
- Large main room, with high ceilings and large windows. There are 4 sofas plus armchairs to easily accommodate even the largest of parties. A new Smart TV gives access to American, British and other European TV stations and there is a new sound system and Bluray DVD-player, plus a selection of movies on DVD, as well as a CD collection.
- Kitchen with all modern amenities, including separate full-size fridge/freezer
- Dining area with table that can be expanded to accommodate larger groups.
- The bathroom has a double swing-door walk-in shower.
- Separate upstairs and downstairs WCs
- For children, there are cupboards full of soft toys, electronic / board games, puzzles and books. While 2 cots, 2 highchairs and a baby bath will help accommodate our youngest guests.
- Safety features include fire extinguishers, fire blanket, smoke detectors and a stair gate
- Comprehensive English-language tourist information available covering Diever village and the surrounding areas (including Friesland, its islands and Overijssel), as well as most major tourist attractions in the Netherlands is provided.
- Library of English-language books.
- Easy walking access to nearby grocery store, restaurants, bars, ice cream parlor, an award-winning bakery (one of the finest in the Netherlands!), souvenir shops, tourist office, as well as the village bird sanctuary, archaeological museum, megalithic stones and the Drents-Friese forest.
Accès des voyageurs
The vacation farmhouse is 4845 sq. ft. and guests have exclusive use of the property which adjoins the owner's home. The vacation farmhouse is entirely self-contained, with two entrances for full privacy! There is a private terrace/lawn with tables, chairs, parasols and 2 BBQs. Shared gardens and trampoline at the rear.
We are completely flexible on changeover days
- Earliest arrival time: 4.00 pm. (we will always try to accommodate an earlier arrival time for those travelling on early morning flights)
- Latest departure time: 10.00 a.m.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We want you to have a wonderful and memorable vacation!
- It is our pleasure to be of assistance to you before and during your stay, and it is our priority to make sure that you will have a pleasant vacation.
We are happy to offer any help on preparing your trip. Please email with any questions you may have!
1 double bedroom - king-size boxspring bed complete with modern LCD TV / Bluray DVD-player (on ground floor)
4 twin bedrooms upstairs. 3 of these bedrooms with box-spring beds and washbasins (all on 1st floor)
2 foldable beds (not suitable for adults). These can be placed in the twin or double bedrooms
2 large canvas cots for babies / small children
Also, 2 highchairs, a play rug and vertical baby bath are all available for our youngest guests (all baby items are for your use and are free of charge)
Large shower room (on ground floor)
2 WCs (on ground and first floors)
Utility Room with iron / board / washing-machine and dishwasher.
Kitchen/dining-room with gas stove / electric mini grill-oven / microwave-grill / fridge-freezer / toaster / coffee-maker and kettle
Living-room complete with new Smart TV (among others, English, Dutch, German, French-language channels)/ Bluray DVD-player & DVDs / Sound System & CDs, children's toys / board-games
High-speed wireless internet connection
All bed linen and towels provided (bath / kitchen)
Welcome pack provided on arrival (bread / butter / milk / jam / cheese / eggs / sugar / coffee / tea / orange juice )
There is ample off street parking
For your use there is a private patio with chairs, tables and parasol supplied, plus gardens with a trampoline (shared). A BBQ and tumble-dryer are available
Bicycle-hire is available locally (which can also be arranged before arrival), with secure storage on site
Guests have exclusive use of the front farmhouse which adjoins the owner's property. The house is entirely self contained with two entrances for full privacy
Up to 2 well-behaved pets can be accommodated with prior notice (€20 fee per pet, to be paid on arrival)