Newly updated penthouse in Caguas, PR. Close to major highways, malls and restaurants. Most importantly easy access to all the beaches and airports.
Windows and doors must be closed when there is no one in the apartment.
AC, Lights, water and fans must be turned off when not in use.
Quiet hours 9pm to 9am.
Trash disposal daily.
Parking only in designated parking spaces 50 & 51.
Towels must be washed and dried.
Pool key and gate access beep/control must be left in unit prior to departure.
Check-in at 4 pm and check-out at 10 am.
VACATION PENTHOUSE - PRIVATE BALCONY & ROOFTOP TERRACE
FULLY FURNISHED AND EQUIPPED
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
Please read and accept to complete rental booking.
This Rental Agreement and Contract (the “Agreement”) is a legally binding agreement made and entered into as of the Reservation Date written below by and between the undersigned person(s) or company (the “Guest”) and the undersigned Rental Agent, manager or agent (“Rental Agent”), pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the residence described below (the “Property”), for the duration of the Rental Term for the Total Rental Fee and other good and valuable consideration as described herein.
If Guest should fail to comply with the conditions and obligations of this Agreement, Guest shall surrender the Property, remove all Guest’s property and belongings and leave the Property in good order and free of damage. No refund of any portion of the Total Rental Fee shall be made and if any legal action is necessary, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement from the other party for all costs incurred.
UNAVAILABILITY OF PROPERTY
In the event the Property is not available for use during the Rental Term due to reasons, events or circumstances beyond the control of Rental Agent, Rental Agent will apply due diligence and good faith efforts to locate a replacement property that equals or exceeds the Property with respect to occupancy capacity, location and value that meets the reasonable satisfaction of the Guest. If such replacement property cannot be found and made available, Rental Agent shall immediately return all payments made by the Guest, whereupon this Agreement shall be terminated and Guest and Rental Agent shall have no further obligations or liabilities in any manner pertaining to this Agreement.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties with regard to the rental of the Property, and any changes, amendments or modifications hereof shall be void unless the same are in writing and signed by both the Guest and the Rental Agent. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. The words “Rental Agent” and “Guest” shall include their respective heirs, successors, representatives. The waiver or failure to enforce any breach or provision of this Agreement shall not be considered a waiver of that or any other provision in any subsequent breach thereof. If any provision herein is held invalid, the remainder of the Agreement shall not be affected. Any notice required to be given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent to the contact information included herein. This Agreement may be signed in one or more counterparts, each of which is an original, but taken together constitute one in the same instrument. Execution of a digital signature shall be deemed a valid signature.
RISK OF LOSS AND INDEMNIFICATION
Guest agrees that all personal property, furnishings, personal affects and other items brought into the Property by Guest or their permitted guests and visitors shall be at the sole risk of Guest with regard to any theft, damage, destruction or other loss and Rental Agent shall not be responsible or liable for any reason whatsoever.
Guest hereby covenants and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Rental Agent and their agents, owners, successors, employees and contractors from and against any costs, damages, liabilities, claims, legal fees and other actions for any damages, costs, attorneys fees incurred by Guest, permitted guests, visitors or agents, representatives or successors of Guest due to any claims relating to destruction of property or injury to persons or loss of life sustained by Guest or family and visitors of Guest in or about the Property and Guest expressly agrees to save and hold Rental Agent harmless in all such cases.
Guest hereby waives and releases any claims against Rental Agent, the Property owner and their successors, assigns, employees or representatives, officially or otherwise, for any injuries or death that may be sustained by Guest on or near or adjacent to the Property, including any common facilities, activities or amenities. Guest agrees to use any such facilities or amenities entirely at the Guest’s own initiative, risk and responsibility.
ADDITIONAL TERMS TO THE RENTAL AGREEMENT
In addition to the standard terms included herein, Guest acknowledges and agrees that the following additional terms and conditions apply to the Guest’s rental of the Property:
1. The Rental Agents have the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Rental Agent reserves the right to enter the Property at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for the purposes of inspecting the Property, making repairs or showing the Property to prospective purchasers, renters or other authorized persons. If Rental Agent has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, Rental Agent may enter the Property without advance notice. Should the Guest(s) violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately with all monies due. The Guest(s) waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Guest(s) shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement and take all their personal belongings with them.
2. There is NO SMOKING allowed in or around the unit at any time. Any and all expenses to remediate the unit and clean or replace furnishings will be the Guest(s) responsibility.
3. The Guest(s) shall maintain the premises in a good, sanitary, safe, and ready to rent condition and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. Guest shall use the Property for residential purposes only and in a careful manner to prevent any damage or loss to the Property and keep the Property in clean and sanitary condition at all times. The Guest(s) shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Rental Agent as being immediately habitable by the next Guest(s). Guest(s) shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The Guest(s) should not make any alterations within or around the unit, outbuildings or grounds without written consent of the Rental Agent. The Guest(s) agrees that the Rental Agent may submit a claim to the insurance company. Any damages, costs, losses and expenses not covered by the insurance policy for whatever reason will be assumed by the Guest(s).
4. The Guest(s) shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the garbage receptacles found close to the pool entrance. It is recommended that the Guest(s) dispose trash daily. Please make every effort to keep any and all food in the kitchen and dining room areas ONLY. Guest(s) are cautioned not to leave trash or food outside for long periods of time. This will prevent any insect infestation in the unit. In the case that exterminating services are needed as a result of negligence on the part of the Guest(s), any and all costs associated with extermination will be assumed by the Guest(s).
5. The Guest(s) are responsible for the maintenance of all furnishings and appliances. The Guest(s) shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear. Guest(s) agree to take good care of the furniture, carpets, draperies, appliances and other household goods found in the unit as well as the personal effects of the Rental Agent during the rental period. No item may be removed from the unit at any time. Guest(s) agree not to remove, unlock or tamper with any of the padlocked containers located throughout the unit. Guest(s) agree to repair or replace all damaged or misused items at their own expense with a comparable item of equal or greater value.
6. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises at any time.
7. The Guest(s) shall not sublet the property. Guest shall not assign or sublease the Property or permit the use of any portion of the Property by other persons who are not family members or guests of the Guest and included within the number of and as permitted occupants under this Agreement.
8. The Guest(s) shall have no more than agreed upon number of registered guests reside or sleep on the premises. The Guest(s) shall notify the Rental Agent to register any new guests and pay for any additional and applicable fees for changes to the initial rental agreement. The Guest(s) agrees that no more than  persons shall be permitted on the Property at any time during the Rental Term, all of whom shall comply with the conditions and restrictions imposed upon Guest under this Agreement. In the event that there are more guests on the property, this rental agreement may be terminated and the Guest(s) asked to vacate immediately.
9. The Guest(s) and their visitors/guests shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners and neighbors. Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall Guest use the Property for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law, association rules or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the Property. The Guest(s) shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners or neighbors. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Guest(s) shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM Sunday through Thursday and 12 AM on Friday and Saturday. Any violations, fines or charges imposed on the unit during the rental period will be paid by the Guest(s).
10. Rental Agent shall provide towels and linens for the Guest(s) use. There will be complimentary hand soap, 1 handheld hairdryer, 1 roll of toilet paper per bathroom, start up dishwasher and laundry detergent (2 tabs/pods each) and the first set of garbage bags on your arrival. Upon end of rental period, the Guest(s) will be responsible to take away or dispose of all personal items in the unit. No items should be left soiled or unwashed upon departure.
11. The Guest(s) shall be responsible for paying all water and electric utilities used during their rental period. (If applicable on a case by case basis under agreement) There is a weekly cap of $65 (Electricity: 250 kWh per week and Water: 7 cubic meters per week). Anything over this amount will be considered abuse of resources and any overage paid by the guest.
12. Cancellation of any reservation must be 60 days prior to the beginning of the rental period. After the rental period, the Rental Agent shall have the right to retain 100% of rental payment.
13. Guest(s) agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Rental Agent enforcing this agreement. Guest(s) agrees to pay any and all expenses incurred that are not covered by the insurance policy.
14. Guest(s) expressly acknowledge and agree that this rental agreement is for transient occupancy of the vacation property, and that Guest(s) do not intend to make the property a permanent residence or household.
15. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions, work and family emergencies or other commitments.
16. Guest(s) agrees that fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
17. Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises according to State and local laws.
18. Guest(s) agrees not to access the “housekeeping closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults. The housekeeping closet is located inside the kitchen.
19. It is the Guest(s) responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the pool. Guest(s) agree to have responsible adult supervising minors while they swim in the pool. Guest(s) is hereby notified that the pool can be dangerous and Guest(s) accepts fully the risks involved. Guest(s) may use the pool key provided in the unit and enter at their own risk since there is no lifeguard present at any time. Guest(s) must leave the pool area clean and orderly prior to leaving. Trash may be disposed of upon exiting the pool area in the dumpster located on your left. Pool area gate must remain closed at all times. Guest(s) is responsible for their guests and visitors in the pool area and any common areas throughout the community. 20. Guest(s) shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc.; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
20. Guest(s) is advised that the property contains an electric stove, ice making side by side refrigerator, washer/dryer, air conditioning units, microwave and dishwasher and BBQ grill on the rooftop. Guest(s)(s) will seek help from the Rental Agents if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood. All appliances are to be used properly. Any damages that result from the negligent use on behalf of the Guest(s) and not normal wear and tear will be repaired at the Guest(s)’s expense.
21. The property has fire extinguishers installed near the kitchen area and another in the rooftop terrace area close to BBQ. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the Guest(s) to inform the Rental Agent immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Guest(s) agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
22. The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Guest(s) will notify the Rental Agents without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
23. Guest(s) is advised that there is no carbon monoxide detector on the property and accepts the risk involved in not having one.
24. Guest(s) shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, sliding door, etc. when it’s prudent to do so. Please be advised that all the windows and sliding doors in the unit are screened. Any damage or loss will be the Guest’s responsibility.
25. Valuable items left behind by Guest(s) will not be the responsibility of the Rental Agent. All efforts will be made to return but the Rental Agent will not be liable for return or condition.
26. Cable TV is provided and service level has been chosen by the Rental Agent. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
27. High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. Access information will be provided in the welcome e-mail. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
28. There are two assigned parking spaces that the Guest(s) may use throughout their rental period. They are clearly marked with the numbers 50 and 51. There is no parking on the grass. Guest(s) agree that no other parking spaces will be used by the Guest(s) or any of their visitors or guests. If additional parking is needed, the Guest(s) may use the clearly marked handicap space if they hold a valid permit or in the assigned area close to the pool at their own risk. NO RV's, Trailers or Buses are allowed to be parked in this community anywhere on the property.
29. For access to the community, two gate clickers are provided in the unit for the Guest(s) to use to enter and exit the community gate. If the clickers are stolen or lost, the Guest(s) must immediately notify the Rental Agent. Guest(s) will assume any and all expenses to replace and reprogram the new gate clickers. The Guest(s) also are responsible for opening the gate for their visitors and guests. Rental Agent will provide initial entry to the community upon arrival. Rental Agent will not open the gate at any other time throughout the Guest(s) rental period for security reasons. Please be courteous when entering and exiting the property.
30. The Property is provided in “as is” condition. Rental Agent shall use its best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities in the Property, such as internet access, satellite or cable TV access as applicable. Rental Agent shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work, but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible. Guest acknowledges that use of amenities such as pools, roof top terrace, balcony and the like may be potentially dangerous and involve potential risks if improperly used, particularly with regard to children and such use is at the Guest’s own risk. Guest(s) have 24 hours to report any damages or concerns after entering the unit.
31. Check-In time of 4:00PM or later is the Guest(s) formal arrival time unless an earlier time has been agreed with the Rental Agent. The Guest(s) agrees to provide the Rental Agent with their flight information so that prompt access to the unit can be provided. The Guest(s) will receive an access code that is activated at 4pm for access to the vacation home on the arrival date. Prompt check-out at 11:00 AM is necessary to allocate adequate time for turnover cleaning services. The Guest(s) agrees that the access code will be deactivated at such time unless a later check-out time has been arranged with the Rental Agent. Late check-out charges may apply at $75 per hour.