River front, 2-bedroom, 1 full bath cottage situated in a deep wooded lot on Grosse Ile island. Fairy tale like backyard with a canal, walk bridge & fishing dock. A wood burning fireplace in the living room & a large wood deck + patio for party.
The house has 2 bedrooms, each with a queen size bed, 1 bathroom with a tub, a kitchen, living room, dining room plus den and laundry area with a set of full size washer and dryer. There is also a full size futon bed in the living room which can sleep 2 kids or average height adults.
This is a water front property with its own fishing dock. The house sits deep in a wooded lot with wide open lawn in the back yard and a small canal running through it. There is also a walk bridge that crosses the canal to get to the fishing dock.
Overall, it's a quite and private property on the west side of the island, nestled in woods. But it's not so remote from the neighbors that if you shout, no one will hear you.
Accès des voyageurs
- The whole cottage is for your private use, not including the barn in the back yard.
- There are dishes, utensil, microwave oven and basic cookware, including a coffee maker, a blender available for guest use.
- There is also a set of full-size washer and dryer available in the house.
- You can use the fishing dock to fish. But be careful with children playing by the water to avoid drowning accidents.
- There is a public swimming pool at Water's Edge off of Bellevue Rd. where guests can buy single use tickets to swim during Summer months.
- The Water's Edge 9-hole golf course is also open to public.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
During most time we will greet guests upon check-in before dinner hour. If you arrive late in the evening, there is also a lockbox behind the house where you can get the house key. We can be reached if there is any other need during the stay. Our manager, James lives in the big house next door. He can help out with regard to any missing supplies or other incidents.
If you go out to bike, please wear safety helmets.
If you have small children with you, please do not allow them to play by the dock or along the river shore by themselves. All water activities must be supervised by adult.
- Please be energy conscious and turn off lights and TV when leaving the house.
- Please wash used dishes and utensil before checking out.
- Inform the host ahead of time of all additional guests (not registered with your reservation) who will be invited or join your stay for any party or event.