Thoughtfully designed flat (full second floor of house) with private deck overlooking backyard garden. Ideally located on a quiet residential side street, steps from Welles Park and Lincoln Avenue shops, theaters, restaurants, pubs & craft breweries. Walk to the Brown Line/Damen "L" stop in under 5 minutes and catch a Cubs game or explore the city (easy downtown access!). Relax with DirecTV + HBO/Showtime, well-equipped kitchen, and games & books for all ages.
We designed the second-floor of our 1896 Chicago two-flat as a bright, airy retreat for friends and family visiting from the coasts. When they're not here, we're delighted to welcome travelers from around the world. The private apartment is suitable for families, solo adventurers, and professionals, short- or long-term.
When writing, please tell us about your visit and who will be traveling with you. Here's what you can expect during your stay:
• Tastefully decorated with a mix of vintage and modern furniture.
• Three bedrooms with high-quality linens and hypoallergenic pillows/comforters in every room:
-- Master Bedroom - Queen organic latex bed, TV, desk and chair, large walk-in closet, delightful children's reading (or napping) nook.
-- 2nd Bedroom - Queen organic latex bed, walk-in closet.
-- 3rd Bedroom - Twin organic latex bed, ample closet space.
-- Extra beds - Pack 'n Play / full or twin air mattress
• Full bathroom with shower/tub combo: plush towels, hairdryer and organic shampoo, conditioner and body wash provided for your convenience.
• Large kitchen stocked with locally roasted coffee, organic teas, spices and cooking essentials. Make yourself at home!
• Dining room with expandable table for 6.
• Spacious living room with built-in desk and 47" TV.
• Both TVs have DirecTV HD (sports package, HBO, Showtime). DVR use is permitted, and ChromeCast is available to stream Netflix, etc.
• Excellent book selection and games for all ages.
• Huge windows with treetop views, overlooking one of the nicest residential streets in Lincoln Square!
• Private entrance with smart lock keypad for easy entry and security.
• Garage parking for one car, plus easy street parking.
• Private deck with oversized lounge chairs, bistro table overlooking backyard garden, and planters filled with edible herbs and flowers.
• Backyard patio with additional seating.
• Central heat and air conditioning.
• Guests have their own washer and dryer, with Seventh Generation and The Laundress detergents provided.
• Environmentally friendly products used inside and out.
• Back-up office and mobile supplies, including connectors and chargers, plus incredibly fast WiFi.
• Pack 'n Play, highchair and stroller provided.
• Child-safe and eco-friendly dishes (BIOBU).
• Reading nook with forest-stenciled walls, wool/linen floor cushions and children's books.
• Short walk to Welles Park, with newly enlarged playground area, summer concerts, and plenty of space to kick a ball around (borrow ours!) or enjoy a picnic.
• We are registered with Chicago Super Sitters, making it easy to book vetted and highly recommended babysitters.
Accès des voyageurs
Private entrance and full access to the entire second-floor apartment and private back deck. Garage parking for one car.
Feel free to ask about early check-in / late check-out. We're happy to accommodate your schedule if possible.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We live on the first floor with two friendly dogs. If we're home when you arrive, we'd love to say hello and show you around your apartment, and then we'll leave you to enjoy your stay. If there's anything you need while you're here, we're easy to reach by phone, text, email or doorbell.
You'll find an abundance of city maps, guidebooks and cultural event calendars in the apartment, plus a binder filled with neighborhood recommendations. Feel free to reach out with questions, such as where to celebrate a special anniversary or which brewpub has the hoppiest IPA.
If you have time to venture outside Chicago ... we enjoy hiking and cross-country skiing in Wisconsin and Michigan and would be happy to loan you our trail maps and assist with selecting a route. We can also suggest interesting places to visit along the way.
Two black lab-ish dogs reside in our first-floor apartment. They will not go upstairs unless you leave a trail of treats or tennis balls.
Numéro de licence ou d'immatriculation
En savoir plus sur ce numéro
• Absolutely no smoking anywhere, inside or out. We're sticklers on this.
• We take great pride in our home. Please treat it as you would your own, with respect and care.
Highlights: City dweller, outdoor enthusiast, rock collector, dog lover, wine drinker, super neat.
I work as a writer and editor. I'm naturally curious, and I love meeting new people. I'm always happy to answer questions and provide suggestions for making the most of your visit.
Bernie, my spouse, is an English teacher who enjoys discussing local craft beer as well as modern literature. Our guest apartment is filled with good books and magazines, and you're welcome to our home-delivered New York Times : )
I've lived in Chicago since 2000 and love it (except for deep dish: why?), but the native New Yorker emerges whenever I walk or talk. SLOW DOWN are words I hear often. On the plus side, I've never missed a flight ...