Follow your heart & head on over! Heart Winds House is on 50 peaceful, private acres, yet close to everything. Bedroom suite with private bath, comfy king size bed & huge bay window w/ sitting area. Enjoy comfort & hospitality on a working homestead.
Thank you for your consideration — it keeps things nice for everyone!
1. No smoking ANYWHERE on the property.
2. Sorry, no pets.
3. Motorized Sport Recreational Vehicles (4 wheelers, snowmobiles, off-road motorcycles, etc.) NOT allowed on property EXCEPT in parking space with cars.
4. Hunting, trapping and firearms prohibited.
5. NOT childproofed and therefore may not be suitable for young children.
6. Please confine food and eating to dining areas, sunroom and outdoors ONLY.
7. No illicit drugs and alcohol only in moderation, please.
8. Please respect areas marked "PRIVATE".
9. Please be aware that we are located at the "edge" of the wilderness where all sorts of creatures, great and small, may cross your path. Please DO NOT feed them, pet them or try to play with them. Keep your distance and enjoy them. We want to keep our wild and wonderful menagerie — as well as our guests — healthy, happy and on good terms with each other.
10 Quiet time between 11:00pm and 7:00am
11. Please be aware that this is our home and while we love sharing it with guests, we do put a lot of effort into caring for our house, the land and the wonderful natural environment, as well as keeping on good terms with our nice neighbors and great community. We hope you will respect this and keep the tradition going so that the next people who come along will be able to enjoy it, too. THANK YOU!
Cet hôte a 2 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
Francesca & Dave, Owners of Heart Winds House
Welcome! As a family, we designed and built our passive solar homestead, Heart Winds House, in Vermont on 50 special private acres using about 60% recycled materials — and we continue to modify and maintain the house and the property in keeping with our goals of a sustainable lifestyle. We are a "working homestead" and we harvest wood from our managed forest as well as a variety of produce from our gardens. We have been hosting guests from around the world via other rental sites and exchange programs for more than 15 years and thoroughly enjoy it. We have a great affection for Vermont and the Northeast Kingdom Region, which we feel is a hidden gem, and love to share that with others.
In addition to managing Heart Winds House, we both maintain part-time "outside" careers. Francesca is a mosaic artist and graphic designer at Studio Fresca and a part-time art instructor at Burke Mountain Academy. We do offer special packages and workshops for those interested in mosaics and other art forms, so if you'd like to include some art experiences in your visit, just ask! Dave works part-time in the aviation industry, likes to cook and loves to surf. He is the head Chef for Hearty's, a Vermont licensed catering and take-out food service. Hearty's does all the cooking for our guests. As a couple, we are into traveling, gardening, cooking, reading, upcycling, architecture, "boondocking", flea markets and alternative building, as well as cross-country skiing, nature walks and exploring new foods. We have been fortunate to travel in many countries and experience many cultures. We love where we live, but we also love to travel, meet new people and explore new places.
We are a quiet, considerate, clean, self-reliant couple — well traveled, adaptable and adventurous. Several years ago we took a year's sabbatical and traveled "around the world" staying with wonderful local hosts in nearly 30 countries with whom we connected via our sharing a common job title in the world-wide aviation industry. It was an absolutely fabulous and unforgettable experience and it has been our pleasure to reciprocate and host those people as guests in our own home. As both hosts and guests, we have found the "Home Stay" — as we call it — to be an enriching and enjoyable experience that makes our journeys across the land, and through life, more meaningful.
As hosts we provide a Home Stay experience in a private bedroom suite with a full private bath, use of living room, dining room, sunroom, mud room, decks, the entire 50 acre homestead property and 24 hr. access to the "refill" station for snacks and beverages. We are attentive to our guests needs, but we also have other business to take care of around the homestead so will provide you with the information you need and happily point you in the right direction so you can have your own adventures — or you can simply enjoy the peaceful privacy of the decks, nooks and special spots around the homestead.
As guests we're adaptable to our hosts' lifestyle, self-reliant and considerate. We're friendly, easy-going and get along well with a wide variety of people, but we also enjoy and value our private time.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!