À propos de ce logement
Secluded & serene with private beach; gorgeous, sunny, modern, rustic, cozy magical private 1.5 acre beachfront property on the Russian River with boats, spa, hammocks, fireplace, real kitchen, fruit trees/vines & wildlife. Dog/kid friendly. One hour drive from the Golden Gate bridge.
This gorgeous property is located right on the Russian River and is very close to legendary wineries, redwoods and Sonoma coast beaches. The property has a REAL BEACH (sand and pebbles) which is quite rare for the Russian River. Also very rare: The property is large, very private, very sunny (and mostly bug-free- EXCEPT spring 2017 due to large & late rains); The house has real character, simplicity and style. It is small and cozy (but has a serious kitchen and a huge tile shower). The neighborhood and locals are funky/colorful/eccentric, which is not rare at all around here. Most guests describe the property as magical.
The house is beautiful, light, airy, modern, rustic, simple, minimal and serene. The decks are perfect for sunning, outdoor dining and drinking. The beach is perfect for swimming, playing, boating (kayaks and canoe provided) and just soaking in the sun, river and scenery. The yard is lush and private and dotted with fruit trees, a tiny vineyard, a spa, hammocks and a fire pit. This is a perfect romantic getaway or a place to indulge yourself while also thrilling your kids and dog (bring your own-neither provided). Inside the house, you'll find redwood ceilings, fir floors, skylights and dozens of wood windows (all with gorgeous views, including the river). The house has almost every single detail covered. It is appointed and equipped like a home, not like a hotel or typical vacation rental. The house has: striking mid century furniture, a very comfy queen bed and a fully equipped serious kitchen w/gas cooktop. There is also a wood burning stove, serious stereo (connect wirelessly with your devices), 50Mbs WiFi, TV/DVD and gas heat.
Please note that summer bookings (June 1st-September 30th) are 1 week long minimum (check-in/check out on Fridays). Exceptions will be made on a case to case basis- Feel free to ask...
The house opens to 2 decks (furnished with gas grill, dining tables and lounge chairs) overlooking the yard, the river and beyond. Moving outside, the house is framed by fruit trees (plum, apple, fig, pear, orange, etc), olive trees, grape vines and bay laurels. Adjacent to the house is a fire pit and a tomato/herb garden. Moving towards the river, the orderly yard gives way to fertile riparian habitat- gently rolling grassy meadow with native willow/elder/maple/cottonwood trees surrounding a shaded hammock. Descend a little further and the sandy riverbank draped with willows and wild CA grapes leads to a sand and pebble beach carved by the waters of the glorious Russian River.
The beach frontage is 125 feet long and has gorgeous views up and down the redwood-lined river as well as a striking view of the Hacienda Bridge. The river is shallow and calm in the summer (perfect for boating or tubing- canoe, kayaks and innertubes provided), but in the winter, the river grows immensely (depth and width) and dramatically thunders to life.
The Russian River is home to ducks, great blue herons, osprey, hawks, foxes, river otters, deer, mountain lions and and wild turkeys as well as salmon, steelhead, bass, sturgeon, hippies, hipsters and hillbillies. The property itself is very sunny (no redwoods), yet has shade trees (with hammocks) for comfort in the summer. The air is scented with bay leaves, lemon balm, fennel, mugwort, redwood and orange blossoms.
Summer is hot and lush, but the water in the river is the perfect temperature for cooling. On winter mornings the sun rises through river fog wisping through the hills and between the redwoods, which typically burns off by 10am leaving sun and clear skies. The nights are cool all year round, which is why the local wine is so good (and so necessary!). The night skies are dark and dotted with stars- unless there is a full moon, which bathes the river in light and makes you wonder why you would ever want to be anywhere else (note -added lunar taxes & surcharges are applicable).
~ THE BEACH!
~ THE RIVER!
~ 1.5 acre property
~ Hot tub
~ Wood burning stove
~ Gourmet kitchen
~ Gas cooktop
~ Gas grill
~ Fire Pit
~ Canoe and 2 Kayaks
~ Dozens of windows and skylights
~ Gas Heat
~ Fruit trees
~ Tomato & herb garden/ Vineyard/Asparagus patch
~ Dog friendly
~ 2 decks with shaded dining Table
~ Very sunny
~ River and Bridge views
~ 50 Mbs WiFi
~ Orthopedic Queen bed
~ Super comfy/supportive Sofa bed
~ Queen airbed
~ Luxurious linens
~ Audiophile Stereo with Apple Airplay
Accès des voyageurs
The house, the yard, the spa, the beach, the boats, the river, the neighborhood, the wineries, the redwoods, the hills, the night sky, the coast...
Échanges avec les voyageurs
When my house is rented, I am exiled to San Francisco or Graton- so I am not on the property. You will have the place to yourself (but unfortunately not the pleasure of my company). However, I am easily reachable by email, text or phone.
A block away (downstream) is Sunset Beach State Park with several beaches and trails. Hacienda beach is 200 feet upstream. 2 blocks upstream is the infamous Mom's Beach. A block away in yet another direction (we have 4 of them) is Westside Road (a Wine Country landmark), which follows the river and meanders through scores of some of the best wineries in the world (ending up in wonderful Healdsburg). Away from the river are mysterious majestic redwood covered hills that eventually lead to the dramatic rocky Sonoma coast with its beautiful and dramatic rocky cliffs and beaches.
The neighborhood has unusual diversity: retired hippies, hillbillies, hipsters, new agers, families, craftspeople, generations of Italians, tweakers, workers and coders. Don't be scared off by any of the above- we all seem to get along quite well (except the crazy attorney with the foul mouth across the street).
The area has great restaurants, farms, wineries and artisan food makers of all sorts. The scenery in Sonoma county is unprecedented- redwoods, lakes, rolling hills, lagunas and especially the river and the coast. See the House Manual for specific recommendations for places to visit, shop, eat and drink. Also check out (website hidden) pages of 101 Things To Do in Sonoma County and Russian River Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center.
The property is only 10 minutes off the Highway 101 River Road exit- which is only an hour drive from the Golden Gate Bridge. Nearby are Healdsburg, Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Graton, Guerneville, Occidental, Cazadero and Jenner. There is also a bus that stops 2 blocks away from the house that goes directly to Downtown Santa Rosa.
The house is very small (although it is very open, so it feels spacious), therefore ideal for a couple with or without a child. It comfortably accommodates 3 people (2 in the bedroom (queen bed) and 1 on the very comfortable sofa bed). There is also an airbed that can accommodate another person or 2, but there is very limited floor space for it unless you locate it alfresco on the deck (great in summer). The house is small, so 4 humans sharing it is very cozy (too cozy for some). Please note that the bedroom doesn't have a door. however, there is a hallway which physically and visually separates it from the living area.
NOTE- Summer Bookings (June-September) will be 1 week long (check-in/check out on Fridays). Exceptions will be made on a case to case basis.
NOTE- Outside of Summer, bookings can start or end on any day of the week except for Saturday.
Well behaved children and pets are welcome as long as they clean up after themselves and don't annoy the neighbors. There is a $50 per stay cleaning fee for pets.
The house is pet friendly- which means that dogs (and an occasional cat) come into the house. The house is thoroughly cleaned after each guest, but if you are allergic, you probably should not rent this house.
Please note that in the Winter the beach is typically completely under water due to the swollen size of the river- This means no laying on the beach, but it means a bigger more dramatic and beautiful river viewed from the house/deck. In the Spring the beach is smaller than in Summer. Fall is when the beach is at its biggest- by far (and therefore the river is at its shallowest).
By renting this house at 10951 Sunset Avenue, you agree to the following:
1. SMOKING: NO SMOKING IN THE HOUSE! If you smoke outside, please clean up and dispose of all of your butts in the trash can across the street. Do not bring your cigarette butts into the house.
2. GENERAL: The guest is responsible for all other occupants using the premises and agrees not to have any more than 4 people staying overnight (unless agreed to by owner). No more than 6 people are allowed on the property at any time.
3. CLEANING: The property will be inspected and cleaned after your departure. Please leave the property in the same general condition that you received it by making sure that the kitchen and bathroom are left clean, the house is neat/orderly and all trash/recycling has been taken out to the cans on the street.
4. GUESTS' LIABILITY: Guest agrees to accept liability for any damages caused to the property by the guest or the guest's guests, and for any items lost or stolen by guest or guests' guests. If damages are in excess of the security deposit being held, guest agrees to reimburse the owner for costs incurred to repair or replace damaged or missing items.
5. SLEEPING CAPACITY / DISTURBANCES: Guests and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit all monies paid for any of the following: A: Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity of 4 people (unless pre-approved). B: Using the premises for any illegal activity. C: Causing damage to the property or to any of the neighboring properties. D: Any acts which interferes with the neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their property.
6. GUESTS' RESPONSIBILITY: Guest is responsible for locking all doors and windows upon every temporary or permanent departure. Guest is responsible for returning all watercraft to their parking spots and locking them after each usage.
7. HOLD HARMLESS: The owner does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to any persons or their personal property. Guest agrees to hold harmless the owner for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, redneck neighbors, acts of God, or other reasons beyond their control.
8. HOT TUB AND PATIOS: The guest accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of the hot tub, patios, decks and surrounding areas. The hot tub is regularly maintained. All guests must shower before entering the hot tub. Please do not wear clothing in the hot tub. The dyes and laundry soap clog the filters.
9. BOATS AND WATER TOYS: Guest agrees that they are fully aware that swimming and the usage of boats and water toys can be dangerous, and guest hereby holds harmless the owner of above said property for any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the guest, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with the usage of boats and/or water toys made available by this property for their use. All Adults and children MUST use personal floatation devices when using boats. ALWAYS LOCK THE BOATS WHEN NOT IN USE. You will be responsible for replacement costs if they are lost or stolen.
10. PETS: Pets are allowed with an additional cleaning fee of $50 per stay. Pets must be attended at all times inside and outside. Guest must clean up dog hair, pee and poo from house, yard and beach. Any damage from pets will be deducted from security deposit. Guest is fully responsible/liable for pet’s behavior on the property. Owner is not liable for any injuries or damage caused by pets.
11. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The guest, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Owner of above said property from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the guest, or any of his/her guests as a result of, or in connection with, the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold the Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors, or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
12. By booking this rental, The guest hereby acknowledges and agrees to the terms above.
13. MOST IMPORTANTLY- Have fun, relax and enjoy yourself! And don't be freaked out by the fine print (it is only here because my brother-in-law is a paranoid attorney). In 5 years of renting my house, there have been no problems whatsoever; no guest has ever had their deposit withheld or asked to pay any compensation for any problems of any nature, nobody has drowned, sprained an ankle, been carried off by an osprey or has been eaten by a mountain lion, coyote or Yeti.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
I am incredibly lucky to inhabit a sublime little slice of paradise on the Russian River. In sharing my house, beach and trees, I try to create an environment that will inspire great travel memories for my guests. In my travels I have slept at 5 star resorts and youth hostels; on riverbanks, beaches and granite lakes; in a schoolhouse, alligator farm, brothel, bank and in a hospital; and on every mode of transportation known to man. However, my best travel experiences were always as a guest in people's homes.
If you are interested, you can check out my travel photos on my website: kammen followed by a dot and a com.